unicorns.

I've been intrested in bdsm for roughly around five years and while I'm more then willing to admit that I still have a lot to learn I have done a lot of research. During this time I've not come across the term or reference to a "unicorn" until today while trying unsuccessful to describe what a perfect playmate would be.
Unicorn
(n) A single, unattached, bisexual woman who will play with male/female couples and participate with both partners equally. Derived from their being rare.
Is there an English equivalent to this term or is it a universal one? Is it a word used a lot over here and if so how come I didn't get the newsletter everyone else seems to have gotten?
Apologises in advance if this post comes across snippy I'm very tired and a little frustrated and its hard for me to judge the tone of this message right.
Hope you are all enjoying your day :-)

This is pretty much the term we use over here in the UK for a single bi-sexual female in the swinging world. I cant say if it would be the same in the bdsm world as the two circles are very different but it most probably is :). x

Thank you Blackcherry :-)
I don't know very much about the swinging world as we are only just starting to branch out into that. That maybe why neither Sir or I have ever come across it before. I thought I was being dense or had missed something xxx

It certainly puts a twist on the phrase "look at that unicorn its so fluffy!!!" Xx

Its definitely a term in the swinging world and have heard it being used on the kink scene too x

Thank you pp :-)
I got accused of being a unicorn hunter so I think I'm avoiding that website for a while, Xx

hahaha unicorn hunter!!!

In BDSM and at events there are also those who dress as unicorns. Some do it just as fancy dress others do it in a similar to pony play. You can also get unicorn dildos too (some can double as wearable horns for the head, which is also interesting to watch when in use at an event).

Noooo its really bad Bumble they were not very nice people, I'm quiet miffed once someone pointed out what a unicorn was(I thought it was some kind of reference to a strap on :-\ I was so confused) and what a unicorn hunter was I spent two hours crafting a really long and in depth clear reply and no one replied to it yet xxxx

meh, some people are just horrid and not worth the time :(

Phone won't let me edit my message but that's what I thought they were talking about at first TN. I got so confused and since I was being criticised for asking a question in the first place I didn't wanna risk asking what it was they were talking about lol xxx

Generaly speaking, when a couple think,

"I know, lets have a threesome"

They come up with a list of wants that are, extensive, to say the least.

So they want a single, attractive (to both current partners), bi sexual female, who is financialy independant, a none smoker, no tattoos / piercings (or tattoos / piercings), no kids (or willing to be baby factory), willing to relocate, finds both current partners attractive, wont "interfere" with the primary couple (IE content to be picked up and tossed aside whenever the primary wishes ect. Its always a woman the couple is looking for as well.

I'm not saying those women dont exist, but there must be a very limited supply,

My profile here says I'm an unsuccesful unicorn hunter.

I wish you the best of luck, but you have to be realistic about what you offer a potential playmate.

Aww that sucks that they were so awful to hugs lilithlibby

well you they say you learn something new everyday and i now know what a unicorn is :) it does seem that such a person is a rare breed :)

I have heard the term in BDSM circles.

Sounds like you ran into someone who got butt hurt at something you said or did (Maybe it ruled them out of having fun with you.) so tried to put you down for it. You get a lot of that shit on places like Fetlife and I guess dating sites.

A single female, willing to be the third person in a threesome with another, or a single female with the confidence enough to go to BDSM meets and clubs on her own, I am guessing, is rare (Hence...Unicorn) Now, I can't be sure, I have never been to a BDSM meet but if I compare it to standard clubs and pubs, lone females are rare. Male/Female couples looking for a single female, not so rare. It is a common fantasy.

I notice the beef that a lot of single females have is being "hunted" and I guess that is why it has become a phrase. It seems some feel a bit miffed at the "tactics" used by couples to try get them into bed. Unfortunately, one of the biggest "tactics" I see these ladies complain about, is the couple sending the female partner to "hook" the unicorn, often either not mentioning the male partner until later (One unicorn did not even find out their would be a male partner until she got taken back to the females house and "Oh, this is my husband" ) Some of these females are not interested in males, or couples, but that gets overlooked or ignored sometimes as the excited couple push forward with their desires. I think these rare single females get a LOT of attention and have to deal with a lot of unicorn hunting, but I guess after a while they can feel dejected and distrusting as they are almost treated like a brainless peice of meat. It seems like all they ask is honesty upfront and stable couples, but more often than not they run into scenarios where they are mislead, like finding that the woman is not really into it and is being pushed by the guy to hook the bait, or having to become counsellor to a couple who were not stable and turned their venom and blame on to her when the jealousy kicked in and so on and so on. You csan understand after a while why they feel like meat. They are still women, and they want to feel safe in this encounter, an encounter where the scales are already tipped out of their favour. They also want to feel a good connection and attraction with the couple. I guess they can become really distrusting of couples approaching them and get defensive. (Maybe in the same way as women suspecting all guys who want to add them to friends and chat, are just wanting to talk cybersex)

Try not to worry about it. The person might have just been putting feelers out (In the same way as us women would probably say "I am not interested in cyber" to a guy who pushes to be our friend on sites like that" lol) Or they could have just been in a bad mood or having a bad experience recently from someone treating them like crap. They could even just not understand the term...

I mean, say you contacted another couple, and you were a couple too, and both of you were just looking for a female only. Its possible the other couple rudely called you a unicorn hunter when in fact, you are both looking for the same thing.

There is a difference, I think, between being a unicorn hunter and a couple looking for a female. The difference lies in how you treat that single female. Treat her like meat, or a notch on your bedpost, only thinking of yourselves as the couple and not considering her needs and worries, and moving from one woman to another to another, basically any woman will do, then you get seen as a "unicorn hunter" That's how I see it from the outside anyway, from reading a lot online. lol

It seems some feel a bit miffed at the "tactics" used by couples to try get them into bed. Unfortunately, one of the biggest "tactics" I see these ladies complain about, is the couple sending the female partner to "hook" the unicorn, often either not mentioning the male partner until later

That happened to me!!!

It was actualy quite scary.

I could have got the wrong end of the stick entirely, but I was left strongly with the impression a guy had at least three girls he used to catch men.

Technicaly a unicorn is also a long term thing, rather than a fling.

such a lovely word .. unicorn

lillithlibby wrote:

I've been intrested in bdsm for roughly around five years and while I'm more then willing to admit that I still have a lot to learn I have done a lot of research. During this time I've not come across the term or reference to a "unicorn" until today while trying unsuccessful to describe what a perfect playmate would be.
Unicorn
(n) A single, unattached, bisexual woman who will play with male/female couples and participate with both partners equally. Derived from their being rare.
Is there an English equivalent to this term or is it a universal one? Is it a word used a lot over here and if so how come I didn't get the newsletter everyone else seems to have gotten?
Apologises in advance if this post comes across snippy I'm very tired and a little frustrated and its hard for me to judge the tone of this message right.
Hope you are all enjoying your day :-)

This sounds like me before i meet the oh...

miss poet wrote:

lillithlibby wrote:

Unicorn
Hope you are all enjoying your day :-) This sounds like me before i meet the oh...

This happened to me too! It's a horrible way to go about things.