Username change?

Hi all, is it possible to get your username changed? Hubby and I have decided we'd like to have a joint account on here where we could contribute as a couple. I could set up a new one but then wouldn't I lose my loyalty points and purchase history? Thanks in advance.

As above customer care is your best option. I am sure going into a relationship or the end of a relationship is a common request for requesting a name change.

Forum FAQ:

Can I change my screen name?

When you sign up for your community account, it does state that you should think very hard about the username you go for because it can't be changed once you've picked it, and this is true. Although we do have the physical ability to change account names in-house, the work it involves to fix broken links around the website after we've changed a name is quite a big problem.

We only change screen names in extreme circumstances. If your screen name change isn't urgent, please continue to use the screen name you have.

If you believe your screen name must be changed contact Customer Care who will forward your request to the Forum Moderator for review.

It will help speed up the process if you can provide the following information when you get in touch:

Current Screen Name: New Screen Name: Email Address: Full Name: DOB or Postcode: Reason for change:

That's from the FAQS. Hope it helps. 🙂

Ah, it seems an awful lot of hassle. Thanks very much for the info 👍 I think the way forward is for hubby to create his own account but to have his username linked to mine somehow so you all know who he is. Not knowing which one is posting in a joint account is a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Sarah 77 wrote:

Ah, it seems an awful lot of hassle. Thanks very much for the info 👍 I think the way forward is for hubby to create his own account but to have his username linked to mine somehow so you all know who he is. Not knowing which one is posting in a joint account is a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

No harm in asking though if it's what you would prefer.

After reading the above I'm not convinced they would. Not only that, I'd be concerned about the glitches that could arise and the hassle of fixing them.

You can in exceptional circumstances. What I would advise is for the other half to start a post by saying "it's the husband here" or signing off with "Charles". Something along those lines anyway. 😘

As above really, but we have done it before down to relationship status changing or becoming a couple.

You can request it and we will take a look at what impact it may or could have if you want. We will always get back to you with an answer either way.

That's great Leanne thank you. There's no harm in trying 👍