Using Lovehoney photos

Hey All,

So I am thinking of allowing photos from the Lovehoney website to be shared in other topics (product photos), but before I make this decision I need something from you. I know there seems to be some resistance around flagging posts, but if I allow this I need EVERYONE to be comfortable flagging non-Lovehoney images shared outside of the #your-photos category.

So here is a little poll to help me decide.

Will you flag images of Non-Lovehoney products found outside of the #your-photos topic?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If this is approved it will be on a trial basis, if I notice photos where they shouldn’t be and they aren’t being flagged we will go back to the system we have currently.

What does everyone think?

8 Likes

I think this is a brilliant idea :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I would if I recognised them as non-LH. I suspect if this is allowed though that people unaware of the rules will upload all sorts of images.

That’s why I need everyone to flag them if they see them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s a good idea :blush:

Yes!!! I love this idea.

To be honest, it felt really weird when I posted in a reply a product photo taken from the LH site and I was told it wasn’t allowed. That particular product was no longer available, but I assume most people will want to post photos of more recent, probably available, products.

A picture is worth a thousand words and that’s a lot of additional exposure for LH. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good then.

Is this photos from the Lovehoney website only? So NOT our own photos of Lovehoney items?

5 Likes

Happy to help once clarified on Cassii’s point- can I wave this one?
:antigua_barbuda:

1 Like

I’ll flag what I recognise as non-LH. But couldn’t https://d3f650ayx9w00n.cloudfront.net/ be listed as an allowed domain, so people could just copy image links from the website and post them here? That way nobody will need to manually police the images.

1 Like

I’m in agreement, yes.
Good point from @Cassii, though. Do you mean our own photos of Lovehoney products?

Happy to help

It’s a great idea :slight_smile:

Sounds pretty clear that it should only be photos from the LH website

1 Like

No, photos taken from the Lovehoney website (a copy/paste job) would be allowed, but photos you have taken yourself would still need to go through the #your-photos category.

@_nin I shall check with the techy peeps! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it okay to post product photos now?

I think I will allow it (on a trial basis) from Monday, that way I can edit the pinned topics and add in the new rules :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m so sorry I thought this was already allowed :face_with_monocle:
Thought it was other websites that wasn’t allowed

I’m now allowing (on a trial basis) photos to be shared outside of the #your-photos topic as long as they are from the Lovehoney site. Like this:

So copy/paste images from the site are allowed :slight_smile:

4 Likes