USPS Informed Delivery Reveals Lovehoney LLC

Beware: USPS Informed Delivery Reveals if a package is coming from Lovehoney LLC. Not very discreet if your family uses Informed Delivery.

Luckily it’s Sunday and I was able to remove the listing of my package, so it’s unlikely my family saw it.

Hello and welcome @GKMoggleMog :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t use USPS (I’m in the UK :slightly_smiling_face:), but I don’t think it should be doing that. You should definitely contact Customer Care and inform them. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @GKMoggleMog, welcome to the forum

As @Ian_Chimp has said, worthwhile getting in touch with customer care

@GKMoggleMog: Refer it to USPIS - if that’s a real thing - a great episode from Brooklyn 99

2 Likes

I agree with Ian and I hope you’ll get this resolved after contacting CC.

An alternative solution would be to go to the super market, buy some artisan/ unusual honey and put it in the kitchen cupboard (or wherever your family keeps their honey). This way if anyone asks what you ordered from Lovehoney, you can show them that jar. :joy:

7 Likes

I like your thinking! :wink:

2 Likes

to be honest English is not my first language and when I discovered Lovehoney I was thinking ‘‘but what does it have to do with honey?!’’ :sweat_smile: :joy:

6 Likes

I’m in the US and the informed delivery notice does indicate LoveHoney as the shipper. I’m not aware of a way that can be changed unless LoveHoney uses a shell company to contract the shipping.

1 Like

In the UK it comes up as a different trading name in the Royal Mail emails to obscure it a bit (though if it was a family/shared email Mrs Chimp would know exactly what it was :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

My mom just asked me on the phone if I got a package from Lovehoney in the mail yesterday. I just said yeah, but buying a bunch of honey was also the thing that poped into my mind. Lol

She’s very invasive into my privacy, so I’m sure she has already looked up what Lovehoney is.

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and contact customer care to let them know.
Also, just removing the package from showing up on the USPS site doesn’t remove it from the whole account seeing it, just you I guess, since my mom just asked me about a Lovehoney package. So beware of that.

Edit: Customer care responded and said there’s nothing they can do about USPS Informed Delivery informing on customers since USPS doesn’t consult them. Should probably be a warning somewhere about that since they do promise discreet shipping… But Informed Delivery probably isn’t widely used yet, and far less peoples families have access to their accounts (I take care of my grandma who has dementia so we have to watch her mail so she doesn’t lose important stuff or send money to random bills that are already paid), so it’s probably not yet a big enough problem for them. They said they’d give me a partial refund though, which is nice.

3 Likes

Yes, I totally agree with you! Did you tell CC that?

I’m sorry that your mom is nosey, but honestly she deserves the (eventual) shock if/when she discovers that LH sells sex toys, lingerie etc. I assume you’re of legal age, so you should have privacy.

I did mention it in my message to CC. They said they would add my complaint to their log and forward it on as feedback as it is as something they would like to correct.

And I am adult age, though that doesn’t stop my mom. She has never respected boundries and is very controlling. It’s less likely she’ll be shocked and more likely to tell my sisters and have a big laugh about it at my embarrassment. I trused Lovehoney’s guarantee to avoid this situation, but they screwed me, nothing I can do but learn my lesson and move on.

2 Likes

It’s good that CC forwarded your complaint. They are generally very good and helpful, so I hope they’ll either figure out a way to not show LH as the sender or change the info on the website so that others who order from the US will know it’s not as anonymous and discreet as promised!

It really sucks that your mom is like that, I’m very sorry. :heart:
Then again, sex (with a partner or on your own) is natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

3 Likes