UTI and Sex

Hi all,

Since i had a bit of rough sex last weekend i ended up with what seems like a water infection. Yes im off to the docs tomorrow ive been trying to get an appointment all week.

I seem a lot better the last few days no bleeding, just a bit of pain. I've used my vibe and orgasmed with no pain but with a vibe i dont use a thrusting movement like when we have sex. Well the vibe i got is just about 5 inches long i think and my partner is 8 inches, so i might feel pressure then and it might hurt if im still inflammed. I just know i will get randy over the weekend and just want sex to be normal.

Although my partner doesnt mind not having sex as long as im better he says bless him. But we have agreed on oral and finger whatever happens.

Do you have sex if you have UTI?

hi it may be best to have a rest for a while till the infection goes,but your doctor will tell you if you as kthem.

yeah i thought so :( But i was thinking if im being put on anti biotics anyway tomorrow it wont make much of a difference only that it may hurt thats all. but yeah maybe i will end up having no sex :( but at least tomorrow i can go and ask to be put on the pill while im there thats the up side of this UTI to get my butt to the docs to do that lol x

i would hold off until the infection clears up

i am prone to getting uti's every now and then but don't bother going to the doctors because i don't like taking antibiotics. usually i just drink as much as i can, get lots of cranberry juice in me and it goes after about 1 week- 10 days

how many glasses of water and how many glasses of cranberry juice a day? this is my first UTI by the way

I would aim for 4 of each a day. I have had UTIs a few times and they're just awful. So so painful but forcing yourself to drink a lot and go to the loo a lot will help clear it up.

If you're on the contraceptive pill you might want to use condoms during sex since anti-biotics can mess with them and make them not work.

katmiaow wrote:

i would hold off until the infection clears up

i am prone to getting uti's every now and then but don't bother going to the doctors because i don't like taking antibiotics. usually i just drink as much as i can, get lots of cranberry juice in me and it goes after about 1 week- 10 days

Im exactly the same allthough they arent every now and then, im guaranteed to get at least one a month!

Lots of cranberry juice, water and make sure you pee and wash after sex xx

i have been given anti biotics. but i havent been drinking a lot cos ive been feeling icky before i started taking them. but last night was my last dose. i still hurt a bit but not going to toilet so often and im not bleeding. maybe i should be brave and drink lots of water and juice x

drink plenty of water if still is discomfort go back to GP they may need to extend your course or change you on to another anti biotic :)

Looks like i will have to go back to my GP. Cos ive noticed if i dont drink a lot of water or cranberry juice i can feel some discomfort just as i stop peeing. I dont have blood anymore but still have the urge to pee more often. So the 3 day anti biotics hasnt worked.

If he gives me more anti biotics will it be gone for good?? i hope so cos i want decent sex without the worries and my bf wants me to get better x

UTIs tend to be recurring, unfortunately. Go back to the doctor for more antibiotics, keep up the water and cranberry (2-3 litres a day of water! It's a pain but it really helps), and really do try to avoid sex or sexual contact at all costs. No toys, no fingers, no boyfriend. Sorry to break it to you, but you're only spreading the bacteria around by playing down there!

I'm sure you wash all your toys regularly, but it might be worth giving them all a proper bath in scalding water + antibacterial soap. Just to give yourself peace of mind!

On an ongoing basis (to stop you getting one again), making sure you and your bf wash your hands before touching your pussy will help, not going from bum to vagina will help (even just rubbing around the bum area can sometimes lead to infection if you swap back after), and wiping front to back after you pee. As you can tell, I get UTIs quite often, haha! They're horrid things, I hope you feel better soon!

well ive tried to make an appointment but it wont be until the 7th. she did say i can make one earlier for next day appointment if i phone in at 8am but can never get through at that time of morning. is there anyway i can twist their arms? lol x

Thanks shellyboo, This is my first UTI. Its seems to be a lot better than what it was. When i told him i got a water infection he wouldnt go down on me. I told him its not catching lol..but yeah i think you're right it did hurt a bit after i had sex with UTI. He's good lke that he will wait....its just me i think i cant wait lol lol.

I am hoping you are saying im not to have sex or anything until the next anti biotics are finished with and have worked. I cant go without sex forever lol!

Anyway yeah my man is good with washing his hands, which i find quite unusual! x

Haha, no just until you're feeling 100% better! In the meantime, drinking AlkaSeltzer can help with that discomfort after peeing. Something about the bicarb of soda in it... not sure why it works, but it does!

Thank god for that! It doesnt hurt that much its just a bit of discomfort. but its getting on my nerves and we want me to be 100% better so that he knows hes not hurting me. My GP has given me a container to pee in as well if the anti biotic i had didnt work. The container has got boric acid in it, do i keep that in the container or do i have to wash it out before i take a pee in it?

I have NO idea, never had that before! :/

i know never seen it before its always just been a plain bottle when i see them lol thank you anyway Shellyboo, i will have to restrain from sexual actitvity until i can get that docs appointment and when i finish the anti biotics x

Amykins wrote:

Thank god for that! It doesnt hurt that much its just a bit of discomfort. but its getting on my nerves and we want me to be 100% better so that he knows hes not hurting me. My GP has given me a container to pee in as well if the anti biotic i had didnt work. The container has got boric acid in it, do i keep that in the container or do i have to wash it out before i take a pee in it?

The boric acid is a preservative, it's meant to stay in the specimen container so don't wash it out :)

ok thank you imogen x

Ah! the joys of UTIs - something of which most of us men know nothing. Unfortunately I'm in the minority of men who get them and I can tell you that while hygeine is important, the crucial factor is water intake. I try to have a half-pint glass of water every time I have a coffee or tea, and I have at least one big glass of cranberry juice a day. Note: pure cranberry juice is pretty well undrinkable so what you buy is, effectively, cranberry squash, with water and sugar in it. Therefore some brands are better than others so you need to read a few cartons before plumping for a regular supply.

Once you get used to it, drining a glass of tapwater every couple of hours is no big deal (bottled water is no extra benefit, so save your money for something more fun).

I had a succession of UTIs when I went onto intermittent catheters a while back and the antibiotics were not a great deal of help as they become less effective and you never get quite enough to kill the infection. If you have to make a second doctor's appointment to finish it off you rapidly lose the will to live. Once I'd upped my water intake and switched to cranberry from orange juice, I had no further problems except around the Jubilee when I spent a day doing gigs and not drinking enough (just like the Duke of Edinburgh!).

Having bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water is some help, but 80% or more of the help you get is from the volume of water you drink.