'Vaginal Spreader'.... Mmm, what's this?!

I've heard very little about the 'vaginal spreader' contraption, I've seen pictures of them on Lovehoney. Please can anyone tell me anything at all to enlighten me about them? What's the purpose of them? Any good/bad experiences, and could I benefit from one and why? Thanks all x.

Vaginal spreader normally refers to a speculum, the medical device used by medical professionals when they do exams of your vagina/cervix etc. They are often used during medical play and can be used in some other bdsm type play (humiliation, inspection). Only you can know if you would enjoy that sort of thing.

Slightly off topic but I recall watching a documentary about the performance artist Annie Sprinkle where, as part of her stage show, she would insert a speculum and invite members of the audience to come up for a view. A torch was passed from person to person to, err, enhance the experience.

It could refer to a speculum (such as these: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=6419 or https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16485) or it could refer to an "Intimate Part Spreader" like this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28563

As Kelly_Michelle said, it is used in Medical Play, which is something we've got into a bit. I like it when he uses one and inspects me internally. If that's your sort of thing, they are great.

Thanks for your help and clarification guys, it's been really useful. May look into 'medical play' just for curiousity and I suppose I will discover whether I'm in to it, or not! Thanks again all. 😊 Thanks for all the product links 'KinkyMira'! 😉

To 'collector', that sounds very interesting! I like the way u said "err, to 'enhance' the experience", which sounds like u weren't too enthusiastic about this part of the show, lol. (Do correct me if I'm wrong!!) Did u get the pleasure of being picked to 'inspect' and what did u think?

Not sure my hubby would be into looking at me up there via. a speculum of sorts, don't think I'd want him to insert one of those. Sick of having it done at the doctors as it is! Lol. I guess I've found one part of this sort of play I would not right fancy, but then again, who knows?! 😯

I could just imagine his face if I gave hubby a torch and said "do u want to check it out?!" Lol. He'd well find an excuse to avoid it! 'Good on u' for those who are into it! As they say "different strokes for different folks" Thanks all. 😉 x

Nope, not my knink, but then I'm sure there's plenty of people who don't fancy pet play, something I'm desperate to experiment with. It's great to be open minded and consider everything though, you never know what blow your socks off!

It's something my husband would like to try but not something for me. I have a tilted cervix and all I would relate it to is the smear tests etc. I see why it fascinates folk, you are seeing ALL of them, it would be extremely intimate.

My OH suggested getting one of these but I’m not sure how to feel about it, I would just be thinking SMEAR TEST and like be horrified 😂 no but in all honesty I think only you can decide if it’s something you’d like. I don’t think it would bother me too much but I wouldn’t exactly find it a turn on either. But everyone’s different and it’s all about trying to things and exploring afterall!

collector wrote:

Slightly off topic but I recall watching a documentary about the performance artist Annie Sprinkle where, as part of her stage show, she would insert a speculum and invite members of the audience to come up for a view. A torch was passed from person to person to, err, enhance the experience.

I remember this on tv channel 4 years and years ago, It was a good documentary i think Terry Christian from The Word presented the show.

Bunnybomb2015 wrote:

My OH suggested getting one of these but I’m not sure how to feel about it, I would just be thinking SMEAR TEST and like be horrified 😂 no but in all honesty I think only you can decide if it’s something you’d like. I don’t think it would bother me too much but I wouldn’t exactly find it a turn on either. But everyone’s different and it’s all about trying to things and exploring afterall!

RosyCheek wrote:

It's something my husband would like to try but not something for me. I have a tilted cervix and all I would relate it to is the smear tests etc. I see why it fascinates folk, you are seeing ALL of them, it would be extremely intimate.

I think anyone doing the Medical Play thing thought smear test originally, but that soon went out of my mind. As RosyCheek suggested, it is extremely intimate. I find it very sensual too. For me, the speculum thing is only a small part of it, but I know he loves looking inside me, and I feel like it is the ultimate sign of trust and exposing my whole self (emotions too).

It isn't for everyone, but I've found it a fantastic sensual and emotional act.

I can see where you’re coming from ☺️ I have always said I’ll try anything once, then decide if it’s for me or not. I’m very hesitant on it but if it’s something my OH wants to try (he has mentioned it a few times) then I will. It’s nice to hear your take on it though I’d never thought of it that way but it makes a lot of sense!

Emerald269 wrote:

I've heard very little about the 'vaginal spreader' contraption, I've seen pictures of them on Lovehoney. Please can anyone tell me anything at all to enlighten me about them? What's the purpose of them? Any good/bad experiences, and could I benefit from one and why? Thanks all x.

We've used one in the past https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16485

There's nothing quite like sitting between her legs and gently sliding it in, then slowly opening her up as far as you want then seeing her wide open being able to see all the pink folds etc you can also use toys fingers ice cubes etc as its very easy to reach in, I would say having your partner playing there is quite different to a medical person?

Everyguys dream well for me, i like to explore every part of the female body.

The plastic speculums make an excellent novelty / one-off / curiosity-satisfying device. Neither I nor my partner are into medical play or anything like that but we had a really fun and enjoyable time using one. I am a very curious person by nature and was absolutely fascinated. It gave me a whole new appreciation for my partner's amazing body! I don't think either of us found it particularly erotic and we didn't / don't plan on making it a regular thing, but it was a very intimate experience and we both really enjoyed it.