valentines..do girls ask guys?

hiya, i was jsut wondering if any girls actually ask guys to be their valentines?

xx

I've never asked anyone to be my valentine, unless i say it as jokingly to a friend.
I've not done that since i was at school thinking of it. wow long time haha.
But i can't see why not, if you have someone in mind there shouldn't be any harm asking :) Its not like a proposal or anything. lol
Good luck if you decide to ask this someone to be your valentine x

awwh thanks hun, its really complicated..as i met this guy on holiday..and we live miles apart..hence y im thinking about it now...(having to plan and stuff) we rnt actually bf/gf...but act like we are..and are planing on moving in with eachother (in a few months) i last see him 2 weeks ago..we talk all day everyday i jsut dnt know how to bring it up? or if i should wait see if he asks? but then guys dnt always think about these things do they? and some guys are very anti it...sooo im really confused lol

thanks for ur reply tho hun :) xx

Hey Cheekylilmonkey, just a thought from an old codger in his fifties and a romantic at heart.

reading thro' the thread and your reply to CorrieA. Why don't you try a Valentines card that is blank on the inside a write your own personal message to your fella with big hints. For example something short and sweet like this,thats right off the top of my head.

I've met this lovely fella, who makes me feel all warm.

I really want you to be mine, he makes me feel re-born.

Suprising what you can conjour up on a boring night shift,drop me a reply if you would like something more thoughtfull, i have until 5.30am to think nice thoughts. Personally i would be delighted if i recieved something like that from a lady. Some blokes do like 'that type of thing' tho'others would probably run a mile but i don't know your bloke like you do. Just go for it girl.

Sounds like you two have a serious relationship going on to me, even if its not official.
I would just bring up valentines in a normal conversation. Like ask him what he's doing or if he has anything planned on that day. He might surprise you and mention you two meeting again for then. Or if he mentions that he has nothing planned or no-one to spend it with then mention about you being his valentine :) There are so many ways you can go about it. Discreetly or just ask him blunty. depends what type of person you and him are. :)
If a man has someone in his life to spend valentines day with, you'll be surprised and sometimes they do actually think about it.
My OH is currently thinking about valentines and what we should do and i haven't even thought about it yet. lol.

Hope all goes well with yourself and this guy :) xx

awwh bless ya! thanks for ur reply..n yh he knows my feelings for him and im pretty sure on his...we just havent labled us..i trust him 100% that hes not gunna or has been with anyone else since we met...but even if he did i have no right to b upset really..but neways yh we just havent labled it..and id like to b able to see him for valentines..i duno how to hint about it to him? with out him knowing im hinting? hes such a lovely guy and im sure that he wouldent say no..but then theres (puttin him on the spot so he feels like he has to?)..ur little messege was lovely btw..what job do u do if ur working untill that time? poor thing...see what u can come up with :) thank you xx

Hmm, i'm not sure. mention about wanting to meet again soon, in a couple weeks. If he'll use his brain correctly he might think about velentines day. If not maybe say your not free on the dates he reccomend so he has no choice but to say the day velntines lands on haha. To be honest i'm terrible at trying to hint something without them realising, i tries with my boyfriend but most of the time he just wont get it at all. whether thats my hint are hinty enough or not i'm not sure lol. x

lol corriea, we talk about meeting and wish we was with eachother all the time (in person) like at night time for cuddles or just whe we r chilling..theres also the money factor as we are both saving for a place..i spent about 500quid when i went up last time, but that was with a hotel for the weekend and train tickets..but also as im out of work as i recently moved (i lived where he came to on holiday) coz we planned to get a place ect..n decided i didnt want to b in that countary over xmas n that when i could spend it with my family here in the uk..so i moved back here and am staying with my dad (looking for a job so i can save just untill i move to the city he lives) ive got the money already saved to move he just needs to get his bit sorted..n some extra in my pot would b good aswell..so there is that side of it..but it would b well worth it to be with him on or around valentines...or should i just try and find some guts and just come out with it lol ohh it a hard one! lol xx

ahh i only saw one of ur messeges corriea lol (still gettin used to this site) all is going well so far..i can fault him on anything! and we get on great...plus hes is superduperly smokinghot! lol xx

wow, there must be some distance between you two. I see where money is such a big problem. Does he ever come to see you, or is it always you going to see him?
Maybe meet halfway next time, of course it means you both spending money but it might be less as less distance for you to travel. go halfies on a hotel to spend in together.
As you two have such a relationship, there is no harm in just coming out to say it. just got to get the guts. maybe text it or something. then the hardest part will be pressing send rather than saying it over the phone or cam. x

CLM. I am a Harbour Master and the tide is low so there will be no shipping movements until after 4am. The forum beats reading books or watching our wee telly i'm browsing most days. Are you saying you would like me to think up a little ditty for your fella from you?

well ive been flittin about down south..stayin at my dads...my mums..n catchin up with my friends..all in diff areas down here..and hes up in manchester..so its a bit of a way where ever we are..i only moved back in the middle of dec so only seen eachother for one weekend..due to xmas being in the middle aswell and our birthdays..we could meet in birmingham and we dont have to worry about a hotel as we can go to my mums (shes already offered to go visit some of her friends or family that live a while away)..last time i pretty much paid for everything but thats becoz his pay day wernt till after..he did offer tho but i didnt want him having to borrow money from people or anything..and i got some xmas and birthday money so i feel it was spent wisely :) had a brilliant time :D hes planning on coming here soon tho..just duno when..but i can go up there again as the hotel we stayed in said they will give us a discount as the room we stayed inthere was a few problems with it..but im not sure whatthe price would b for that..we only really ever use "whatsapp" we send random photos and talk all day on it lol..sometime we have the odd phone call but its easyier for us jsutto messege like that as people being about and things..whats ur OH got planned for u then? :) xx

yeah go for it jansman :) anythings worth a shot :) thank you xx

Staying at your mums seems like a good idea. it will save on money for both of you :) And its lovely for her to offer.
Its good to know that he makes an effort to see you as well as if it was all one way all the time seems unfair on you.
And i'm glad things are going well :)

I agree, me and my OH don't call or cam often, its mainly text messages. we see each other 3 days a week though. And i don't know what he has planned yet, he isn't much of a planner so probably nothing. His birthday is about a week before valentines and all concentration has been on that so far. x

My heart it beats like thunder

When you walk into the room

My legs begin to quiver

And i feel i need to swoon

Your big strong arms around my waist

your lips pessed hard to mine

I want this feeling to last forever

your love is just divine

You run your fingers thro' my hair

my blood begins to heat

the very thought of you and i

my heart just skips a beat.

Corney i know, the rude ones are better and can be funny but you seemed to be looking for something slushy, plus the fact i don't know you both to be able to make something up like that. I do tend to get carried away with my imagination,hah, it;s these long night shifts.

Good luck with the bloke business, hope i have been of help or at least put a smile on your face tonight.

aww corriea things are pretty much perfect..apart from the distiance..and that we arnt actually "in a relationship" my feelings for him are gettin stronger and stronger each day..n yeah he does make the effort too, n yh my mums a little star bless her..i dont think dad would mind either

as with ur oh i hope he surprises u n whipps something outthe bag :) ya never know hehe..n yh when birthdays r so close it can b tricky ul have to let me know :) xx

n awwh jansman thats lovely..altho its not really for us (atm..im gunna write it down anyways tho u never know sometime soon hehe thank you so much for ur help both of u :) little gems :) xx

Its great to know that you're so happy. Make sure to let him know your feelings :) If you two are planning on living together then a strong relationship with mutual feelings are needed.

And i hope he thinks of something too. We'll probably talk about it tomorrow evening when i see him. no doubt on his birthday we'll just sit with his family. so make it up to him on valentines.

Pleased to have been of help,hope things go well for you. Ah well i will have to try another thread now,there must be someone up and about.

this is very true, but we both think that it will work out..im as sure as anything, i can see my self marrying this guy..having children with him..we have spoken about wedding and children..just didnt say our..haha but we are so close..i think we just both probs a little confused to as what this is..and a bit shy aswell..like with me i dont wanna ruin it before its even started if u knowwhat i mean lol

and yeah birthdays arnt very exciting its more of a family/friend thing really but im sure u can make it up to him on his birthday hehe..thanks for ur chat hun uve made me feel even more possitive now do u have fb? i wouldent normally ask but id quite like to keep in contact with u..ur very helpful..and plus i wanna see iff ya other half spoils u hehe :) xx

thank you jansman, and goodluck :) xx