Vasaline v lube

Hi all
That's my question, is vasaline safe to use as a lube for anal play with toys
I tried it once and to be honest I got further
With the vasaline than an anal lube
Thanks for the replies in advance

Use vaseline with metal ceramic and glass but not with rubber silicone and other soft materials.
I agree it is very good for anal lube

Hi! I've read that Vasaline is really bad to use as the oil builds up on your body and can cause some problems. Also Vaseline can encourage the growth of bacteria and modify the acidic content of natural fluids in your body.

Like I say it's only what I've read but still.

In your body*

I've read that too Lollipop. I personally wouldn't use anything other than lube especially for anal sex

And only water based unless the toys are glass, steel or ceramic

Ok thanks for the advice guys
So can anyone recommend a water based lube
With the consistency of vasaline

This is good beacuse you can make it to the consistency you like http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30611

And this one says its thicker but i havent tried it before http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11677

There are a few that are oil based so its worth to check those out too :)

Hope this helped

X

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=6717 this is meant for bigger toys but work great for anything I guess

I use liquid silk for everything.

Someone could have a bad reaction to vasiline as its not been widely tested for that particular use, better to just buy some anal lube designed for the job.

Try lovehoney discover lube. It's the thickest water based lube I've found

Vaseline is great for dry heels, sore elbows, cracked lips and tight shoes, but I wouldn't use it as a lube. Great suggestions here so far though! :)

Thanks guys I'll take onboard what's be said

I've used it for years, and baby oil gel and not had any problems maybe it's just me.

Apparently as vaseline is an oil based product the body finds it more difficult to get rid of than a water based product. The longer it remains behind (no pun intended) the more chance its got of harbouring infection. I would say given what the bowel is intended for, your poo will probably remove some but given we are dealing with poo you are more likely to have an infection if the vaseline remains behind for some time.

For this reason women should never use it in any hole given the love tunnel is situated directly next door to the sewerage plant.

Water-based products are always safer for your body, as well as your toys as residue can be absorbed (in the body) or washed off (toys) more easily.

Having said that, some anal lubes are petroleum based and not so different from Vaseline. Always check the specifics at the bottom of the product description to check whether the lube you're looking at is oil, silicone or water-based.

Our category for Anal Lubes is filled with several great lubes which are thicker for anal play.

If you're after a good water-based one which is a similar consistency to Vaseline, I'd recommend Lubrifist, Male Cobeco Powder Lubricant (you mix this to your own consistency), or Fistan (though this is a water and silicone hybrid which may not be suitable with silicone toys).

Hope that helps!