Vegan (non-leather) Bondage!

I'm so happy to see in 'New Bondage' the Vondage Vegan non-leather lockable cuffs and collar!

It's not easy to find high quality non-leather stuff that locks (I guess I'm a bit picky...) so I'm really excited to try these out!

I'm not vegan, I'm vegetarian, but I don't use or wear anything made from leather, unless I bought it years and years ago and it's still usable (Haven't relinquished a ten-year-old pair of DMs yet!)

Any more vegan/veggie BDSM practitioners out there?

xXx Pierced_n_Spanked

Meeee!!! I try to avoid animal-based products in all areas of my life, including sex. As the bondage writer here, I am SUPER excited that we're doing more high-quality, non-leather products.

Keep your eyes peeled for more - I've been working with our buyers to bring a lot more faux leather and PVC options in. 

I'm working on a blog for vegan BDSM at the moment, so watch out for that too! 

I'm a vegan BDSMer ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) Thankfully, both vegetarianism/veganism and kink are fairly mainstream now so there are more options than when I first got into BDSM. I'm really tempted by the vondage cuffs too. I've got a few boring necessities to buy in the next month but I might treat myself after.

There are definitely a few vegan products I'd like to see like a vegan leather tawse and a strap (I'm tempted to buy a good quality vegan belt but I'm not sure the weight would be right).

Pierced_n_Spanked: When your DMs finally need retiring, I can highly recommend Vegetarian Shoes for your replacements. I have these: http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/airseal_footwear/airseal_para_boot_black/10533_p.html I was a bit put off by the price at first but I've had them years, they still look pretty much new and they are so much comfier than any DMs I've owned.

Jess: The blog sounds awesome ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Yep, another veggie BDSM'er here 😃

Already have, and have reviewed the Vondage cuffs. They are amazing!

I'm not vegan or vegetarian and I actually like the smell and feel of leather. I'm curiouse does the vondage stuff have a smell? If it does what is it like?

I don't want to be offensive but I'm curious, and for me the smell of leather is a real turn on. Does the smell of the vondage turn you on?

Fun Louise wrote:

I'm not vegan or vegetarian and I actually like the smell and feel of leather. I'm curiouse does the vondage stuff have a smell? If it does what is it like?

I don't want to be offensive but I'm curious, and for me the smell of leather is a real turn on. Does the smell of the vondage turn you on?

The Vondage cuffs have exactly the same smell as leather, only much much fainter compared with 'new' leather 😃

Thanks squid I wouldn't have expected that.

P.s. Like the new picture, but I'm going to miss the squid.

We are both vegetarian, and love that there are options now for faux leather BDSM products. We love the Bondage Boutique faux leather range of collars and cuffs, they are so soft. My favourite set is this one:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30757

Jess, your blog sounds fantastic btw :) xx

Sadly many clients want real leather when coming to a session. However I do like how there are many vegan items out there. Ages ago I use to only get vegan items, and even looked into plastics making sure they were veggie or vegan. My career has changed that. There use to be a brand called Fresh, (I think) which was vegan. They made bright pink and blue cuffs, which really reminded me of the 90s. I did like their cute nipple clips, although, I think many people disliked the mega brght colours as they don't seem to be around now.

I think it'd be nice to know whether a company uses ethically sourced leather. I know a few companies who do, but would like to see it on a wider scale. Heck I'd like to see it with other items too as I know some toy businesses are really unethical when making products.

There's a few companies where I will n ot buy leather items from as they smell of dog food. Heck that did put me off leather for ages.

It'll be interesting to see how pineapple, mushroom, tea, etc, leathers are used in BDSM productions. I guess they will need to take into account how they will stand-up to sweat and heavy tension. But the future for non vegain bondage is very bright.

Sex Squid wrote:

have reviewed the Vondage cuffs. They are amazing!

Friday13 wrote:

Pierced_n_Spanked: When your DMs finally need retiring, I can highly recommend Vegetarian Shoes for your replacements. I have these: http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/airseal_footwear/airseal_para_boot_black/10533_p.html I was a bit put off by the price at first but I've had them years, they still look pretty much new and they are so much comfier than any DMs I've owned.

Thank you Friday13 - will look into this!

Sex Squid - awesome, I'm looking forward to trying them myself!

![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

I can't believe the Vondage stuff has been discontinued already. It's only been around a month and I hadn't had chance (money!) to buy. Gutted.

xXx Pierced_n_Spanked

^I know! I went to buy the cuffs with my birthday money and they were sold out. They were still in stock a couple of days before ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

Pierced_n_Spanked wrote:

![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif)

I can't believe the Vondage stuff has been discontinued already. It's only been around a month and I hadn't had chance (money!) to buy. Gutted.

xXx Pierced_n_Spanked

Sadly, it just didn't sell 😥 

I'll keep trying to get us as vegan as possible!! 

I've just discovered the Bad Kitty cuffs and collar! *happy*
Will be saving up to buy those (don't judge me, i start a new job soon!)

Hey gang

I know this has been a LONG time coming, but I finally finished my blog on vegan spanking!

Stay tuned for vegan restraints! 

Vegan-Friendly BDSM: 15 Toy for Cruelty-Free Spanking

Never underestimate the pain of being spanked with a wooden spoon...

Are there plans to provide a range of latex/silicone bondage items? I believe the are vegan and very easy to clean.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Hey gang

I know this has been a LONG time coming, but I finally finished my blog on vegan spanking!

Stay tuned for vegan restraints!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2017/01/24/vegan-spanking-tools/

Amazing! So happy people will be able to see there are options that don't involve leather.

bunual wrote:

Never underestimate the pain of being spanked with a wooden spoon...

Are there plans to provide a range of latex/silicone bondage items? I believe the are vegan and very easy to clean.

We do have a few silicone items already on sale, and we did used to sell more. Unfortunately we had to discontinue quite a few of the styles as they weren't selling :(