✔ Verified User Badge - Thoughts?

Hey All!

I’ve been thinking about introducing verification here on the forum! This would be a manual process and would be opt in. Ideally, verified users would get a little tick next to their name. :smiley:

To become a verified forum member, you would need to:

• Request your verification on the poll
  • Be Trust Level 2
  • Have placed an order with us

Why?
Verified users will help you know that your fellow posters are real genuine people.

Does this sound like something that would be a good addition here? Always keen to hear your thoughts on things like this before we introduce them :smiley:

EDIT:
Let’s pop an opinion poll in :smiley:

Do you think we should introduce Verified Users?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

8 Likes

I think it’s a brilliant idea. I have seen over the last couple of months a few random accounts that pop up and then go again. I’d certainly be putting my name down to be verified

4 Likes

I think that would be a very good idea.

1 Like

Great idea :bulb: , just helps and gives another layer of reassurance of who your speaking with is genuine person etc

5 Likes

I agree with @KentCouple1990, sounds a good idea. Count me in.

2 Likes

Definitely @Lovehoney_Brenna

Sounds good :grin: :+1:

I like the idea a lot. The only question I have is that I used a different email for the forum than I did for the store. Would there be a way to DM proof of purchase or something to satisfy the third requirement?

1 Like

Idea sounds spot on.
Like others have said, a few strange accounts and odd posts recently and this may help see the real advice and tips.

1 Like

Great idea. I’m in​:+1:

I like the idea :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea to me! Who wouldn’t like a little tick if they active and contribute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Completely fine with this!

Sounds Great

I’d be very happy with this :+1:

Does sound like a good idea

2 Likes

I really don’t like it. What problem are you trying to sort? Has there been an issue? Why do you want to change something that isn’t causing an issue?

Oh, and opt in turns it into a “them and us” thing, which causes division in a platform that there is no division on.

So, in my book, not a good idea at all.

1 Like

I like it. Shows some loyalty as there are many “stories” from people floating around. I’m good if they still post, just nice to have the credibility that the people you are getting advice from, especially on products, are real.

I think we already know who’s who on here, but may add additional credibility for new ones who join.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the reason why we have Devotee and the like? If you see an account with nothing, then you can be wary with the info we currently have.

2 Likes

Having seen a fair few people join at the weekends when there’s no official mods and are either selling something or trolling, i think it’s a good idea.

1 Like