Virgin used dildo

Hi

I bought the slimline silicone dildo last week and used it for the first time about 45 minutes ago. I am a virgin (aged 49). I was lubricated well and so was the shaft. I felt something "give" as I inserted it, which I was expecting to some degree, though I can easily insert my middle finger. However there was blood everywhere, a lot more than I expected. Got really worried so stopped. Is bleeding so much normal? I do want to try again at some point.

Thanks.

Hello! :)

Bleeding is normal when you loose your virginity, I would asume it would be the same if you used a dildo as your first experience. I personally bled a large amount, but have heard that it really varies from person to person. With the lube as well as your own natural lubricant it may have made it look like there was more blood present by watering it down slightly.

Are you still bleeding? Or are you due on your period? As I have found on a few occasions that I can bleed if i have sex a few days before my period starts.

X

Had to get in the shower to hose myself down. Wearing a sanitary towel down, tiny amount of blood but stopped thankfully. Have just finished my period.

Yeah as long as it's settled now it's perfectly normal, don't let it stress you out though, next time should be easier, you've done the hard bit!

Thanks. There is still a bit of blood in the entrance to my vag, but calmed down a hell of a lot, thought I was gonna need a transfusion LOL !!!!

I was lucky on my period and used a tampon to break me in I remember a split second ouch but after that was fine relieved no bloke would poke and hurt me as a teenager I wanted no one of my age fumbling with me.

This is totally normal :) I was very young when I lost my virginity but luckily I didn't bleed, however my friend broke her hymen whilst masturbating with her fingers and she bled so much she rang me up in tears thinking she was dying!

It shouldn't happen again after the first time as long as you continue to use lube, and as someone else said the lube probably made it look like you were bleeding much more than you were anyway, so no need to panic :)

Gosh you are all so calm about it!!! If and when I try again will I still bleed and does anyone have any tips to make it as smooth a passage as possible, if you get my drift?

xx

Go very slow, relax, ease it in bit by bit, and use plenty of lube. If you are experiencing too much discomfort or bleeding then that's a sign to stop and try another day :)

Lubrication is key here! place it all over the toy and on yourself, get a towel out if you need to and just go crazy to make sure everything is well lubricated. It also helps to be relaxed and in a good frame of mind / feeling turned on. So you may want to listen to music, read an erotic book or daydream a bit prior to masturbating. I personally like vibrating toys for masturbation but the dildos alone are very popular.

Hey :) until a few months ago I was a virgin too (aged 22) and although I tried to break myself in with my toys too, I still bled when I had sex as I must not have fully broken my hymen myself. I must admit too that there was so much more blood that I had expected and even a couple of times afterward there was still a tiny amount of blood.

Even though I'm involved in a sex u all relationship I still take the time to play by myself - I usually make sure that I'm completely relaxed and have made myself orgasm at least once before I start to insert any of my toys to ensure there's some type of natural lubrication along with the bottled lube that I use VERY generously!

Hope this helps and enjoy!

What will your next purchase be?

you are a brave woman than me i am in the same at 45 but did it slower and smaller and worked up and its hurt a bit but not did not bleed hats off to you xx

I belieev it may have been you hymen breaking go slowly get relaxed and in the mood used lots of lube there is never too much lube !! try a smaller toy first the build up xx

My next purchase will probably be a rubber ring to sit on!! LOL

I thought that was the smallest one I could get. The initial insertion wasn't as bad as I thought to be honest, until something gave way, but I have tried using tampons before so thought everything would have broken by then.

Lube lube and more lube, if possible find a thick lube as they work alot better. Look for the size of girth more than you do length. There are anal dildos too which can be alot slimmer to use. Something like this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29496 (There are many different toys like this.)

Also if possible maybe put a condom over it as this will give you more lubrication too... One of my first toys (although i was not a virgin) was this...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24998

It was small and slim and very comfortable and ok i was not a virgin but this really was slim and also a great introduction to toys, there is also a purple version of this which has a bigger part for clit stim. (Also something that might help as that will help you naturally lube up)

Glass is also very good and normally slimline and cool and soothing :)

Welcome, you do reolise that you are now hooked on Lovehoney products and before you know it you will have a draw ful of toys.

The most important thing is to relax, so maybe try playing in the bath next time.

Have a look around the sit and make yourself a wishlist. This way you can check back and look at a product easily before you purchase anything. If you make it a public wishlist anyone can buy you little gifts and send them to you.

I recomend the Tracey Cox supersex Rechargable bullet vibrator, I think it's in the sale too. No batteries!

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I must confess that I am not the most patient of people and was very keen to get stuck in, if you pardon the expression, so skimped on the lube I think. Will wait until the weekend to try again, perhaps with KY. A bit skint at the moment so will need to wait for my next purchase.

I will probably be on here again with more questions as I progress.

xx

Feel free to ask us anything, we are an open minded bunch and we will not judge you. Have fun

I bled when I lost my vaginity, I didn't start using toys until a few years after that and after having a child. Perfectly normal and I echo everyone else, use plenty lube. Have fun and question us about anything xx