Wands - magic or terrifying?

I decided to have a look at the wands the last time I passed somewhere which may sound like man bummers since everyone seems to love them. So I picked up a LELO smart wand (I was shocked by how massive it was -I reckon you could knock someone out with it!) and switched it on and OMG even on the low settings it actually hurt my hand to hold it! My OH said I looked traumatised when I remembered how people use these things!

So who here is a fan of wands? Are they only for the seriously power hungry? Were you scared the first time you held one? How can you bear the level of power?! Are they all like power tools?

I've only used the LH Deluxe Magic Wand and I absolutely love it! I'm not a big power queen, I can literally only use it on the lowest setting. It is a bit intimidating when you first hold one, as they're massive! I'd never seen a vibrator like it :p

I'd say if you're finding the vibes overwhelming, try using it over your clothes until you get more used to it. At first I found it almost painful to put directly on my clitoris, so I use it all around that area instead (it's actually really good rubbed against your vagina, the vibes travel all the way inside you)!

I find that the low-mid setting vibes are the best. I thought that i wouldnt be able to handle the stronger settings, but actually the higher you go, the more it becomes numbing.

i think the higher settings are only really useful if you use attachments with the wand as they can sometimes absorb some of the vibrations anyway,

I have the Lovehoney white wand and can just about manage it on half power. On full power it's too much for me at the moment ! I've only had it for a few weeks though, so maybe it's something to work towards ;)

I have the white lovehoney wand and I will admit when I first saw it I wasnt expecting it to be so massive! But I love it, after a couple of goes I got used to the strength of vibrations and now it is my favourite toy for making me orgasm, I would highly recommend! :)

JM88 wrote:

I find that the low-mid setting vibes are the best. I thought that i wouldnt be able to handle the stronger settings, but actually the higher you go, the more it becomes numbing.

i think the higher settings are only really useful if you use attachments with the wand as they can sometimes absorb some of the vibrations anyway,

Agree, when using only the wand we go for lower or mid settings. With g-spot, p-spot and masturbation attachments it's fine with the stronger ones.

We have the Lovehoney magic wand and we love it together with lubes and attachments.

The Hitachi Magic Wand came out in 1968, (over fourty five years ago) and was quite a formidable vibe. I cant remember when we had our first one but it was ages ago, it was an import with a transformer and a speed control. Our second one was a 240v and they never fail.

The vibes can be quite fierce, The sexologist Betty Dodson used to use them in her 'Self Loving' workshops and sugested useing a couple of folds of material (towel) to regulate the intensity of the wand on the clit. I anyone does find them too fierce try a folded handkerchief.

So far they are the only vibe to make me cum, if I vibe from my pubic bone to a couple of inches up my penis and back for a few minutes then that does it for me.

Enjoy. x

I've used the Deluxe, Doxy and the LELO Smart Wand. I actually think i'm starting to prefer the LELO because on it's lower settings, the vibrations are much DEEPER than the doxy. I don't need to get past the half way point for it to bring me to orgasm.

If you are finding them too intense, then perhaps next time try using it with a towel over where you want to use it to help soften the vibrations (or doing it through clothes etc).

I think everyone (regardless of whether they are a 'power queen' or not) can get something valuable from a wand - after all, they are amazing for all over body massage - a use I think that get's over looked these days - but my OH gave me an all over massage with the LELO the other day and I felt amazing afterwards.

We have the Lelo large (I don't know if there's a difference in size/weight/power between the large and the medium from Lelo - maybe someone can answer this?) and never tried any other (another curiosity of mine, are main powered wands stronger than the rechargeable ones?) wands.

Ruby, when it came, I got the same shock you did about its size, weight and power! However, soon after giving it its first wash I couldn’t help myself refrain from curiosity and tried it. I also had something inserted in me (can’t remember what at the moment) as I really do prefer vaginal orgasms, but that time I had an earthshattering blended orgasm! The first time the world around me actually stopped existing for a few seconds (don’t even know how long). I am definitely not a powerqueen, and do get an oversensitive clitoris after an orgasm (especially if it’s a clitoral or blended one), and I still find the Lelo overwhelming sometimes. It depends on a lot I guess, mood and sexual tension build-up, but I would strongly recommend giving it a (second) chance. It doesn’t always work for me either, but when it does, it is truly magic!

My husband was defiant too initially, but he’s gradually discovering it for his own pleasure. As David said, don’t underestimate it as a massage tool. The other day I gave hubby a back massage with it and he didn’t want me to stop.

Wands are scary at first, not gonna lie :')

Try the new LH attachment thingy. It's a) pretty rad for sticking stuff to and b) dulls the vibrations making the controls much more sensitive and appealing to the likes of us :')

You'll get used to it though, finding out what works for you and what doesn't. They make for good massagers too, for which the high settings are good.

I'm a power queen, and I loved my large Lelo Smart Wand - sadly it's misbehaving so I'll be sending it back for a replacement but I honestly can't wait to have it back in my life! Never been too much power for me, I love it :P

I used to have the Bodywand large but it just isn't the same!

We have the bondwand version and it is mighty powerful, rare it ever gets to half power in the bedroom. But it does sometimes get used to massage my neck and back and then it can get up to full speed and it is mighty powerful!