Morning, I had some experience with PipeDream before, but I heard that their products are porous, which can cause bacteria and fungus to appear in the toy. I am not sure if this is true, but I've yet to see anything on this topic.
And just today, I was browisng trough the male section and found the new THRUST series, which I found quite appealing, and thought about buying one. But before I do, I have to ask a few questions:
1. Does PipeDream really has some health-hazard issues?
2. Is the new THRUST series (in perticular, the PRO-ELITE model) dangerious and/or porous? is the material safe and high-quality?
1. Pipedream have questionable ethics and don't seem to care what goes into their toys, so I generally avoid them outside of their glass toys & don't recommend them to others.
Any porous toy regardless of maker comes with some health risks. It's the material that is the problem, rather than the manufacturer. It doesn't cause the bacteria, but because the material cannot be properly sanitised, it will never be fully clean. It's said that using a condom will help to protect you from the porous material, although this isn't proven.
2) As for the THRUST toys, I don't personally own one but I see that they are made from TPE. Many masturbators are made from this material and it's quite hard to find any made from body-safe silicone, especially as lifelike as this range is. If you want a masturbator, TPE is better than PVC and rubber. It's still a porous material so cannot be fully sanitised, although it generally is phthalate free and non-toxic which is good. It should be safe to use as long as you check for any signs of degrading on a regular basis (black spots) and don't put it away whilst it's wet or store it with other toys.
There is lots of information on DangerousLilly's website about porous toys and safety, so if you need anything further then I'd recommend looking there. Her blog is great.
I don't usually bring porous toys into my bedroom, but if my other half was interested in a toy from the THRUST range then I'd purchase him one. I trust Lovehoney and I'd rather him use TPE than something toxic like rubber!
Hope that helped!
1. Pipedream have questionable ethics and don't seem to care what goes into their...
Thanks for the information. I read Lilly's blog a lot, and she is in fact great. I wish she had more information about male oreanted toys thought. But eitherway, basically what I understood is - that any big mega-masturrbator/life-like masturbator will always be made of pourous material, right? (Also, from what we so far understand, is THRUST made from pourus materials?)
Also, another thing - how long do you think the THRUST PRO-ELITE will last? (if all the storage/cleaning conditions are met (air dry, water/soap cleaning, clean storage space, stable temperature etc.)) The price does seem a bit heafty for something that might become un-usable after some time.
Yeah. THRUST is made from TPE, which is porous, but I don't think you'll find any similar masturbators made from a non-porous material. I've only ever seen smaller models made from silicone, and even then they were fantasy themed rather than lifelike. Maybe this will change in the future, but I think the price would be too much for most people to pay. It would probably be at least double what the cost is now.
It should last a while given proper care, as I know bloggers and reviewers who have masturbators (made from TPE/TPR) that they've had for years. There's always the returns/exchange policy if you have any problems within 365 days of purchase.
Yeah. THRUST is made from TPE, which is porous, but I don't think you'll find any similar masturbators made from a non-porous material. I've only ever seen smaller models made from silicone, and even then they were fantasy themed rather than lifelike. Maybe this will....
I presume you mean Bad Dragon. I saw their products but sadly, ordering anything from them would be a pain in the backside (no pun intended) seeing as I am a EU resident, and they operate in US. And customs are a hell of thing to go trough, especially with sex oreinated products.
Thanks a lot! I think I will definitely consider buying it now, seeing the reviews and the advice from you.