Warning... Hacked email account.

I think some of you may have recieved forwarded emails from me recently with attachments.

Most of you probably know the signs to look out for however just incase some are not.

Do not open emails from my account ( on my profile ) Unless I've begun the title with SEDSAFE ok ;)

Just thought I'ld give you all a heads up ;)

Ta - seems to be big problem have had three messages in last two weeks from 3 separate entities about data security breaches and emails they hold. Have been getting emails linking to twitter for no reason I just delete them straight away

Had two from a friend's account. Spotted it, but it was still freaky to get things that weren't really from her...

I'll watch out!

Hmmm I've recently received 2 emails from the email address I use here to one of my other addresses. and everyone on that email id has got them too. Can I assume it's due to a breach here?

fortunatly not had any.

TrojanBunny wrote:

Hmmm I've recently received 2 emails from the email address I use here to one of my other addresses. and everyone on that email id has got them too. Can I assume it's due to a breach here?

if sed has his email on his profile then anyone could see it and attempt to hack it

I'll have to hide it for now.

This is where a pm box would be better imo ;)

I had a couple of emails from you Seduced - I just put them in spam.

I don't think it's anything to do with Lovehoney, TrojanBunny.

I had to close one of my hotmail accounts for this reason, and my Mums yahoo account has recently started to do the same thing, I dont think that it has anything to do with lovehoney, I think that there is something out there that has been able to hack these accounts and start sending emails.

It's not hacking I don't think, it's when people don't use good enough passwords, or use the same password for everything so that some dodgy site gets it and then uses it to send spam messages. Or it could be linked to a virus/trojan type thing on your computer that can access your email.

Best way to avoid things like this is use a strong alpha-numeric password like ky2534xl and download some free anti-virus software.

if you stick an underscore or something like !"£$%^&*() in it that also makes it harder to hack. Numbers letters and sybols is the strongest

No viruses here ( using a mac. ) will change my password which is a strong one anyway. But will do to be on safe side.

Didnt for one minute think it was LH. Just being careful is all! ;)

Ok have changed my password and settings. Should be good from hereon in ;)

It's still a good idea to have virus protection, even on a Mac. A lot of Mac owners think they're completely safe from viruses, which just isn't true and that's how they get caught out. While it is true that most viruses are targetted at Windows OS's, this doesn't mean there aren't viruses which can affect Mac OS, so it's a good idea to get protected.