Waterproof toys

Has anybody had luck with so called waterproof toys. I have bought a few for my wife and I to use in the pool but they all get water in them and die. I now wrap a condom around them to make sure they do not get wet. Has anybody found one that is truly waterproof. Not for a shower but underwater and for pool use. Maybe they aren't designed for that

We don't use any toys underwater but a few people on here do. If it says it's submersible in the product specs then it should be just that. I know a lot of the rechargeable toys (eg the Mantric and Desire brands) have self-healing silicone covering their charging ports so I'd be happy to take them in the bath without fear of malfunction/death. 🙂 Not sure about a pool though, with all the extra chemicals in I'm not sure what effect they'd have on the silicone skins? I don't have a pool though so maybe someone else can advise on that. 🙂

I like to test all the toys that claim they are waterproof by putting them in the bath or a sink full of water and not one has been damaged. Tried those with screw seal, self healing silicone and magnetic charge. I do wonder if the chemicals in the pool are having a slight effect or if they are fairly well used if the seal has gone a little bit.

Maybe it has something to do with the depth of the pool. It’s deeper than a sink or bath so there’s more pressure. Some of the instructions mention that they’re only suitable up to a certain depth - but don’t ask me which ones. It was just something I’d noticed.

Make sure they say submersible. Plenty of those available on the love honey site 👌

Need to check the IP rating of the item. It will tell you how resistant to water ingress it is and for how long and how deep. Many waterproof items that can be submerged are only rated for a meter deep and 30 minutes etc. . . So your toys may be waterproof but not designed for a pool depth or long term submergence.

How deep in a pool are we talking? Considering your head is out of the water then it's not that deep and submersible ones should be fine. I've used submersible toys in the pool, bath and hot tub with no problems. I find they are more waterproof if they say submersible rather than just waterproof in the description.The only prob I could see is some toys don't like chlorine. I would be interested to see if anyone has a good recommendation to a toy lover me for this :)

Sorry to sound like I'm derailing the thread, it's not my intention, but given the amount of toys for sale here that make a big deal out of being waterproof, it sounds like everyone is keen to use toys in the shower or bath.

Is it really that popular? My bath times are for washing and shaving. Does that make me unusual?