Wax play

Evening, first time posting, really interested in wax play. Was just wondering what everyones opinion on it is? Any tips..good or bad? Xx

I love wax play. It’s such a simple thing to do but really effective and fun to do. My top tips are: 1) cover any bedding/carpet/fabrics as you will get wax places you don’t expect to. Wheelie bin bags are really good for this, just cut open on 2 sides and open out. 2) don’t use ordinary candles. Ones designed for wax play have lower melting points which means the wax won’t get so hot that it actually burns. They also shouldn’t have anything like fragrance or wax hardener in them which will make the wax hotter. Soya wax has the lowest melting point followed by paraffin. 3) be careful of body hair. Wax will stick to it and it will make removing the wax harder and most likely painful as you will have to remove the hair too. 4) don’t wash wax off in the shower. It can block your drains.

1 Like

Thank you x Been reading lots about it, but think its better to hear from lots of people too. I have bought candles from love honey after alot of research so hopefully get to use them over the weekend. I have a high pain threshold so love idea of wax X

Be careful.. We brought a fifty shades massage candle, used it and then had it in the draw for ages..used it a second time and it must have gone funny. It didn't smell it and it burnt like hell! Wasn't good ☹

Funny this, I was getting a hot wax downstairs last week thinking I quite enjoy this (as she spread the wax on me before removal!) and my mind started wondering about wax play. Will definitely look into this x

Even the special candals can still hurt a bit too much for some. Dropping the wax from a higher distance can allow it to cool down a bit more. Also get prior consent where you're going to go. Dont want any surprises downstairs with hot wax.

Wax play is amazing for anticipation and teasing. Especially if you have any glass or steel toys you can put in a cold place before for changing temperature.

As KellyMichelle said, use specifically designed wax play candles - not normal ones!

Agree with Master Jay re making sure you both know where is ok and where isn't! Nothing more of a turn off than an uncomfortable body part because of some wax.

Best place is on something you don't mind getting ruined or can be easily cleaned, a table or a wipe clean sheet is good.

To really increase the sexual tension and frustration, use a blindfold so that they have no idea where the wax is going to fall or when it will come. Once you are a bit more experienced and trust is built between you, bring in some restraints so everything is laid out for you with more surface area to comfortably use.

If there is no body hair, some of wax play that is nice is the peeling off of the wax, but there is a serious knack to it that you'll learn the more you play! Too hard handed and it can crumble or break down, just right and you get a little pulling sensation on the skin.

This is something I would really like to explore with a partner (soooo many things I want to try). I have tried a little bit solo but as MissTerror says the anticipation and teasing is a big part of it.

I have the bondage boutique ones https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35073 and from what I've tried they give a nice sharp stinging pain but the pain doesn't persist and no lasting damage.

It's all good fun, but be careful because the wax can actually bloody burn and feel a bit painful! 😂 Drip from a good height, gives the wax a split second to cool a bit as it's falling 😂

If you are finding wax a little too hot, try holding the candle at an angle and letting the wax run down the side of the candle a little before it drips off. The contact with the side of the candle cools the wax a little more than dripping it straight down.

Different candle materials burn at different temperatures. Start with the lower ones to make sure you're even in to the pain.

Anyone know if old candles would still work for dripping? I’m hoping I’ve still got some of the 3 pack candles that I bought from LH years ago but they’ll probably be at least 6yrs old if I do have any left. Would the time have damaged them in terms of burniness?

Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve got wax play candles around that age and haven’t noticed any issues

1 Like

Amazing thank you!

Will work fine but may not smell like they used to

Had wax on on me a few times and really enjoyed it - perhaps more so when it burned a bit as the effect lasts longer​:rofl: