Waxing?

Do any of you girls get your intimate area waxed or do you prefer to shave? If you do wax, how often do you need to get it done and does the clean shave last very long?

Hi Anna. I get a brazilian waking every 5-6 weeks. Years ago I used to get only waxing and as I never, ever shaved that would last for about 7 weeks which wasn't bad considering that the hair was thinner and took longer to grow back.

However, I started shaving because I didn't want wait all this time for the hair to grow before having another waxing and I think that wasn't very good for me. That's because now my hair grows faster and if I want to keep down there smooth I have to do no longer than 5 weeks otherwise gets a bit bushy for my taste.

I'm considering having what they call "sugaring" which apparently works as well as waxing and is better for your skin because of the natural ingredients. I have a session next week and maybe I'm gonna go for a hollywood, but I'm not sure whether I'll feel confident without any hair at all down there. I'm sure that 100% smooth must feel great though!

Thanks for the info! I think I will give it a try otherwise I'll never know :)

I shave everything off down there. I do it twice a week and rub baby oil in immediately after. I never get sore or have rash etc. I guess I could do it less often but I do like to feel really smooth xx

I used to get regular waxes, then I moved to shaving, now I'm completely natural. It was quite a journey if I'm honest. I once had a bad reaction to the wax and had to go to hospital to sort it out. Completely unsexy. I was weird because the test patch had come up fine but maybe because it was such an intimate area it reacted differently? I don't know. Anyway, didn't feel worth the pain so I moved on to shaving. That's when I noticed since I'd had less hair, I was getting more and more yeast infections (thrush). Probably about 3 or 4 infections a year which was totally unbearable. Then I found out you can be more prone to them if you don't have pubic hair. Bummer. Now I'm 3 years natural and haven't had an infection in all of that time.

So.... long story short: you do you but make sure you go to a reputable place before you get waxed and make sure you're aware of the potential complications of no pubes and plan accordingly.

As far as maintenance goes, I felt that waxing gave the smoothest result which gave me a golden week but then grew back, shaving I could do more regularly but I didn't always feel super smooth. Obviously, shaving is also cheaper so that's a plus for me. Happy travels!x

bex1213 wrote:

I used to get regular waxes, then I moved to shaving, now I'm completely natural. It was quite a journey if I'm honest. I once had a bad reaction to the wax and had to go to hospital to sort it out. Completely unsexy. I was weird because the test patch had come up fine but maybe because it was such an intimate area it reacted differently? I don't know. Anyway, didn't feel worth the pain so I moved on to shaving. That's when I noticed since I'd had less hair, I was getting more and more yeast infections (thrush). Probably about 3 or 4 infections a year which was totally unbearable. Then I found out you can be more prone to them if you don't have pubic hair. Bummer. Now I'm 3 years natural and haven't had an infection in all of that time.

So.... long story short: you do you but make sure you go to a reputable place before you get waxed and make sure you're aware of the potential complications of no pubes and plan accordingly.

As far as maintenance goes, I felt that waxing gave the smoothest result which gave me a golden week but then grew back, shaving I could do more regularly but I didn't always feel super smooth. Obviously, shaving is also cheaper so that's a plus for me. Happy travels!x

Wow I had no idea about that Bex, thanks for the information!

Usually I stick to one place and always the same person doing the waxing. I'm starting to see a new one because the other is moving away and this comes with a recommendation.

Mu legs and armpits I do once a week and it's not too much work, but the intimate area it's a bit trickier isn't it? I went through a time when I used to do just a biquini line once a week and felt ok about it. But know when I look in the mirror and see all that hair I feel I want rid of it. It's a personal thing, my Oh doesn't mind either way and he doesn't shave at all, it's all natural.

Anyway thanks for sharing the information, I'll certainly bear that when choosing a place.

Can you get hair removal cream for your pubes. Looked at Veet & it said ok for bikini line but not rest of pubic region? Has anyone tried Veet down there?

ScumptiousDumptious wrote:

Can you get hair removal cream for your pubes. Looked at Veet & it said ok for bikini line but not rest of pubic region? Has anyone tried Veet down there?

I have before and I can't stress enough that it's only bikini line suitable. The small print tells you to keep it away from genitalia, it can cause burns on super delicate areas which I had the experience of and its not best pleasant. It does work on a bikini line but it oestrogen leave you as smooth as other methods. It it also a bit tricky to apply. Like you bex I am now natural. Sometimes I'll do a little "haircut" but too much has gone wrong it's not worth it. I now have no ingrown hairs, no infections and it makes me feel so much happier.

Thank Rosy Cheek.
I prefer natural but trimmed. OH would like me to keep it bald. I'll keep shaving.

I have done hot waxing for many years now, I like to feel completely smooth, the hair follicles stop producing hairs and close up naturally after a while. Sometimes you can get ingrowing hairs which have to be teased out and then they get waxed off. I do it every 5 wks or so, the longer you do it the longer the gap. I have a Hollywood, which is completely bald.