Waxing.

Has anyone used a waxing kit, the sort you buy from Boots or whatever, as opposed to shaving to get rid their pubes?

No .... Thought about it ... But after speaking to a friend who does it for a living ... She does not even do her own ... Due to not being able to see and making sure it's pulled of the right way .

Certainly not for intimate areas

I am in the profession myself and as long as you can do it correctly putting wax on same way as hair grows and pull off in opposite direction or even have partner/ friend do it if not possible to do yourself.

I do my own waxing (well kind of) as you need 3 hands: one to hold lips, one to hold above [the] strip, and one to pull strip off.

hope this helps x

I dread to think what would happen if I attempted to wax myself! ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

I tried to do my legs once and that was bad enough. I wouldn't fancy attempting it anywhere more intimate!

I do my legs, armpits, and bikini line myself. I am planning on getting a professional Brazillian, and think it's probably best to get intimate areas done professionally for the first time at least. Also, I would start by using these strips on your legs to get to know how to use them, then move onto armpits, then bikini line, then intimate areas. I also wouldn't recommend boots own brand. I used the superdrug ones once which were ok, but Veet is the best. I actually buy Nair ones from Poundland which are exactly the same and super cheap!

Should men have their intimate hair removed. Would it be a turn on or turn off? Ouch.

Yes tried quite recently actually.

It was a complete flippin disaster - no hair was removed as far as I could see and all it did was leave me in a sticky mess & not the good kind of sticky mess!

I tried several strips, tried holding the skin taunt & tried different parts of the abdomen all to no avail.

Just chucked the kit away in the end & chalked it down to experience.

I would not advice the ready strips but you can get a glass jar of wax that you warm up and get spatulas and strips included but always check temp on the inside of wrist x

Boots also do a wax which doesnt need strips. warm it up on the microwave, let it cool slightly, apply to area and let it col furth and then whip it off. More expensive but but easier and better quality as it is designed to stick to the hair and not the skin - so less painful and less risk of injury. also allows you to go over an area if needed.

I have tried those types of kits but they just didn't seems to work that well for me

Hmmm. Maybe stick to shaving then. But then again, perhaps Mrs Binky might like to inflict a little pain? Nah, shaving it is.

Yes, and I've never gone back to shaving!

I use the Veet Gel Wax kit, washes off with water, has almond oil within it and great for sensitive skin/areas. Takes a while to do and can get messy, but for me it is worth it!

Ok . Thanks TickleMe Tots. I'll have a look at that stuff.

Just to add on here, I used to chave for years then started being waxed - going to t a therapist to do it rather than doing it myself, and I have never ever gone back to shaving since.

I did once, I emphasise on the once, it wa brutal, never again, if I had to get down there waxed, I'd go gt it done professionally ^_^