We’ve gone and done it, we’re getting married!

We’ve set a date and booked our wedding!! 6th September this year, and we’re going to Gretna Green, just the 2 of us! We’re then going to have a party about a month later for family and close friends. It’s not common knowledge yet as I’ve not told my daughters yet, I will be soon. I need to work out the logistics of it, those of you who know my past troubles will understand. Ideally I want to tell all 4 together, face to face, but as the eldest 2 live around 25 miles from me, and in opposite directions (and one I still can’t message) I don’t know how to work the logistics of it. I really really don’t want to tell them separately because they’d tell the others before I could anyway, and I also really don’t want to do it by text, but I can’t seem to think of how to get all 4 of them to meet me together!

Anyway, I’m looking at dresses, flowers, and looking at venues for a party. You lot, I’m afraid, are going to hear a lot about this!!! Xx

24 Likes

Congratulations! :clinking_glasses::champagne::two_hearts::two_hearts: How exciting. I’m more than happy to talk about wedding plans and dresses :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Congrats, and remember your wedding about you and your other half. If anyone doesn’t like it, tough! xx

3 Likes

Thank you! We’re so excited! I have an idea of a dress in mind, but need to go wedding dress shopping, and of course you lot will be helping me with the wedding dress lingerie!! At the moment, my head is flitting through assorts we need to do. I say we, it’ll be mainly I! I’m the planner OH just goes along with it!!!

3 Likes

Zoom party.

When we moved from one town to another, some friends threw us a going away party along with a few other couples, but we couldn’t all be together at the same time due to Covid.

Send an invite to a Zoom party and have someone deliver a bottle of Champagne to each of the doors at exactly the same time (this may need some coordinating). For us they all rang our doorbells at the same time and there was probably 100 people on screens. Send them each a little basket with a bottle of bubbly in it and have them party with you virtually.

If they don’t like it, they can leave but the peer pressure will make them open and drink! You can have a breakout room for some one on one with each kid if they don’t want to tell you in front of the others how they feel. Congratulations and we all wish you nothing but the best!

5 Likes

The best bit of advice i can give is, get married abroad, dont have a do here afterwards, you paying for other people to have fun, if its far away enough then that limits those who come(or dont) we got married in Florida in 2003 it was so easy and simple.

@Rhilee i don’t know your back story and nor do i need to know.

What i will say is it is your day to enjoy. My mum got married in Gretna green and told no one. No reason as we all get along. It was her 2nd marriage and they had been together 20+ years. They eloped!! She tagged us all in a post on FB to let us know she’d done it!! was not one big angry about it. I actually joked that she better not be pregnant! She was 60 :joy::joy:. I couldnt have been happier for her and her husband.

You will never please everyone. My question here is, do they really need to know that you are getting married? They aren’t going to be there, can you plan a party for after and tell everyone then? Just go and do it and tell them after. If they love you. Then they should be happy for you and your wishes.

Good luck and wishing you health and happiness for you married life :heart:

1 Like

Invite them all to your house for a meal or drinks . Ideal opportunity then to tell them.
Congratulations and all the best for your future together.

1 Like

@Rhilee and see some carefully edited photos i hope…everyone loves a wedding :grin::kissing_heart:

Congratulations @Rhilee! :clap::clinking_glasses::champagne::heart:
Wishing you both the best for a wonderful & happy marriage.

Congratulations hope you both have a long happy healthy life together

Congratulations @Rhilee
:tada: :heart: :clinking_glasses: :champagne: :gift:

Hope everything goes swimmingly! :hugs: and best wishes to you both :kissing_heart:

That’s great news and I’m very pleased for you both. Its Bank Holiday this weekend, time for a family barbecue when you get the daughters all together to give them the news. What about that idea? @Rhilee

Congratulations :tada:. A zoom call could get them all together at the same time. Am not sure about your background but at the end of the day it’s your wedding. Do what makes the two of you happy and try not to stress to much about all the details.

Awwww, congratulations :confetti_ball:

Wonderful news to hear! Lovely congratulations on setting a date and maybe with your daughters you could try arrange something like a lunch date to get them all gathered in one place or upfront say you need to tell them something but want to do it all together :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations… How about a family meal… Facetime/zoom/teams chat??
Or ask them not to tell each other and tell them 1 at a time…

Congratulations :clinking_glasses: :champagne:

Congrats! Whatever you decide it will hopefully turn out as you wish

Well done hope you have a wonderful day :clap: