WEE-Vibe Tango charging

Not a complaint as such as I have no wish to send them back

But my god they are annoying !

To explain we have two, one which my partner got from LV and one that I got also from LV on a deal so we have a spare .

Both suffer from the same issue !

The charging connection is at best awful !

Is it just us that suffer this ?

You place it down after connecting and the light is on to say its charging but as you walk away the light goes out ! and the connection is broken !

Both do this and you constently return to them to make sure they are charging

I've tried placing them on a towel,a flat surface and I've even go to the lenghts of arranging them so they are standing upright all without any real succes althought standing up was best but bloody annoying

Wee-vibe PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hurry up and bring out a mark 2 with a better charging connection!

I completely agree! I love my Tango but charging it is a total pain in the butt.

Yep, the charging is very annoying. You just need to find a good place to put it, I find only hard, flat surfaces work - like a desk. And you also need to get the angle just right, otherwise it disconnects. I think only one of the magnetic points work on my charger, the other one is just there but does't attach itself to the toy.

Yep! Mine is so terrible, the longest it's ever consistently charged for is about 45 minutes and then it just loses connection for no apparent reason. I always keep it on a dead flat wood surface and I don't go near the thing while it's on charge, I have no idea what its problem is! I keep thinking about returning it for another one but everyone says charging them's a pain, so I don't know if mine is normal being this awful or if it shouldn't be quite this bad.

It's some what of chore trying to get my tango to charge. I love the tango, but the charging can be a huge pain.

I think the unit could be better designed really. It's one thing that i feel lets the tango down. It takes me a few minutes to get the charger all lined up and balanced right on the surface. And once i have done that and i leave it charging, i gently slowly creep away. It's like creeping away from a sleeping baby, any sudden movement, the tango could come off charge and we start again.

Yeah I've gone off my tango for that reason! I just can't be bothered with the effort to charge it when I have toys that are much easier to charge, last longer and have plenty of power! X

Ohh.
Yet to experience this problem but have only had tango couple of weeks. It does get used every day and charged over night but will now be extra vigilant!

Yep. the charging can be bit painful. I always put it in position when it cannot move so I know it will not get disconnected. Then it works fine. But true, there are waterproof toys which are easier to charge.

They need to design a Stand up version of that charger: it is useless at present

Laveila wrote:

Yep. the charging can be bit painful. I always put it in position when it cannot move so I know it will not get disconnected. Then it works fine. But true, there are waterproof toys which are easier to charge.

Mine doesn't have to move to disconnect ha. It just does so of its own will! It's a brat, it's lain dead in my drawer for months now!

MissChar wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Mine doesn't have to move to disconnect ha. It just does so of its own will! It's a brat, it's lain dead in my drawer for months now!

Mine seems to be ok if it does not move. But sometimes it still disconnects. I think the magnetic charging is not strong enough. I think I actually did have some insecurities about charging the Minna Ola too. It is also magnetic charging

Another point that I find realy annoying is the charging light !

to say its pathetic would be genorus you have to be in a dark room to see it !

maybe I should change my name to victor meldrew ! or moaning mini

MissChar wrote:

Yeah I've gone off my tango for that reason! I just can't be bothered with the effort to charge it when I have toys that are much easier to charge, last longer and have plenty of power! X

Agree, I've only used mine twice cos charging is such a massive pain in the butt.

Yep the charging connection on the Tango (and the Touch) are both fiddly. I have 3 We-vibes (Two Tango, one Touch) and all are the same, but I don't have too much issue with them if I leave them on a hard flat surface (Like PPD) For me, it is certainly not annoying enough to bump the Tango down my list of "I love you" toys, although the We-Vibe Touch has now pipped the Tango for number 1 spot on my clit vibes list, but yeh, all the We-Vibes suffer with this flakey connection when charging issue. Stronger magnets needed!

Well suprise ! I emailed them with a link to this thread and got a very polite and quick reply !

To be honest I wasnt expecting one !

even if it is just a standard reply !

sorry no matter what i do i cant get it to copy and paste so I guess youll just have to take my word for it

it said charge on a soft surface to craddle the connection

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your email and interest in We-Vibe!

We are constantly looking for new ways to innovate and shape the further for sexual health and wellness. We have lots of ideas for innovation on the horizon. Unfortunately, we are not able to discuss product concepts with individuals outside of Standard Innovation. We like surprises!

We recommend always charging your Tango on a soft surface to ensure the connection is cradled throughout the charging process. When the light goes out after a few minutes, it means the charger has detected the unit is fully charged and shuts off to prevent overcharging.

Best Regards, Customer Care

I have two Tangos and both chargers suck. The magnets aren't strong enough to keep connected throughout the charging process, and it seems even if its only slightly out of line the light will go off and will stop charging (and in my case it's not because the unit is fully charged, I tend to wait until I've had several uses before recharging it). I bunch the storage pouch up to create a little pillow for it that helps keep it level, but I find I still have to reconnect it every now and then.

I used my Tango for the first time in ages last night. Wow.

I forgot how good it is, who cares if it's a bit difficult to charge lol

Snapper,

I would expect reply from them. I did contact Lelo recently about the new Mia 2 and told them exactly what I think about it. And I got immediate responce including them passing the info to the relevant people.

Actually.. I just tried to charge the Tango and I was even holding the cable and the Tango was hanging down from it, connected magnetically to the charger and it did not move, did not fall away, or did not get disconnected at all. I do have it from the time when it first was sold on LH. So not sure if something changed from then

Well. I have to say that in my experience, the charging connection, whilst delicate, functions quite well enough if a modicum of care is taken.

Maybe I'm just lucky with mine?