Weird and wonderful facts

Hyenas have a psuedo-penis which is an oversized clitoris!

I heard your ears are the same distance as your nipples

not true for me as my nipples are closer to my shoulders than my ear lobes lol as theyre big

but wonder if this is true for anyone else out there ?

🐼

Not even close, just measured

Did you know you can't lick your elbow?

And if you pinch that lose bit of skin on your elbow it doesn't really hurt

Dead people can get goosebumps

The dutch women's short track speed skating 3,000m relay team won bronze earlier today despite NOT being in the final medal race. 4 teams competed but two got disqualified by the judges at the end of the race. They got bronze for winning the final B race earlier in the day.

Norm Larsen , founder of the Rocket Chemical Company aimed to develope a range of rust prevention solvents and degreasers for use in the aerospace industry. He succeeded at the goal of Water Displacement on his 40th attempt, hence the name WD-40.

WD-40 can also be used to deter pigeons as they don't like the smell

There are 22 miles more canals in Birmingham UK than in Venice

Your heart weighs the same as a bottle of ketchup (not sure what size bottlfe though!)

The average ejaculate contain 250 million sperm cells. As soon as the first one fertilises the egg cell, there is an instantaneous change in the 'zona pellucida' surrounding the egg that makes it impenetrable to the other 249,999 guys. The chance that you are here as the person you are was almost infinitesimally small.

The oldest condoms ever found date back to the 1640s made from animal and fish intestines

1 Like

Did you know, humans of the Stone Age era used to perform brain surgery now known as Trepanning? Although we don’t use rocks, we still do it today to relieve intercranial pressure due to bleeds.

France was still executing people by guillotine when the first Star Wars movie came out.

Experiments show that male rhesus macaque monkeys will pay to look at pictures of female rhesus macaques' bottoms.

K&c30's wrote:

Experiments show that male rhesus macaque monkeys will pay to look at pictures of female rhesus macaques' bottoms.

πŸ˜‚

The Welsh word for 'jellyfish' is Psygod wibli wobli

The Welsh for microwave is Popity ping

1 Like

A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue

😜

1 Like

Squirrels can swivel their back ankle joints to 180 degrees to enable them to climb down trees headfirst.

1 Like

Clownfish can change sex . The female is the dominant of the species and if the "Alpha " Female dies her male mate can change sex to female and find a new male partner. Complicated lives these fish lead.

2 Likes