Weird and wonderful facts

Ok so the i got into a discussion this evening with the wife and she came out with

"Flamingos are pink because they eat shrimps" i just had to google it because i thought she had just made it up. Turns out she was right.

I retorted with "well a chicken can randomly change it's sex".

So here it is whats your weird and wonderful fact.

Oh I love this. I had heard that about the flamingos :)

To carry on...kangaroos have 3 vaginas!

1 Like

Male seahorses give birth and care for the young.

A flock of crows is known as a murder.

Cheetahs are known for their speed which they can maintain for a short period before they start to dangerously overheat.

Although they are fast, their main skill is agility, they can pull turns at speeds that would break human leg bones due to forces involved.

Cheetahs are actually more successful hunters around obstacles like trees than on plains, as they can react and turn so quickly.

They are also very close to being clones, each Cheetah shares a 99.9% genetic makeup with all other Cheetahs, they are that niche in the food chain. This means as their numbers diminish they lack genetic stability to recover.

1 Like

Polar bears skin is black, their fur is transparent and colourless yet they look white because of sun reflecting from the fur from the air and from the snow.

1 Like

Mr Pheebs... i see you like your weird and wonderful facts.

It took the creator of the rubik's cube over a month to solve the puzzle. The current record is 5.5 seconds.

1 Like

Pigs are considered to be within the top five most intelligent animals and they absolutely love playing video games ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) They score better than chimps!

Octopuses have beaks. I did not know this and had to Google it.

Mantis shrimp punch so fast they can create a vapor bubble in water which collapses with such force it produces a very small amount of light, it's called sonoluminescence. They can also see between 12 and 16 distinct colours (humans can only see three)

1 Like

Goldfish & Piranha see in the infra red spectrum.

1 Like

K&c30's wrote:

Mr Pheebs... i see you like your weird and wonderful facts.

I love watching natural history, animals constantly amaze me.

Xialos wrote:

Pigs are considered to be within the top five most intelligent animals and they absolutely love playing video games They score better than chimps!

Haha thats brilliant.. i would love to see the pig gaming corner. I wonder what video game they tested them on.

K&c30's wrote:

Xialos wrote:

Pigs are considered to be within the top five most intelligent animals and they absolutely love playing video games They score better than chimps!

Haha thats brilliant.. i would love to see the pig gaming corner. I wonder what video game they tested them on.

I believe it was a game where they had to move a virtual ball into different areas of the screen. They controlled it with a pig-sized joystick ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

The Kingfishers feathers look blue but are actually a murky brown colour

The killer whale is the natural predator of moose. Killer whales attack moose as they swim from island to island in search of food.

Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.

Every year more than 2500 left-handed people are killed from using right-handed products.

Autoerotic asphyxiation kills around 600 people a year.

K&c30's wrote:

Autoerotic asphyxiation kills around 600 people a year.

![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)...

The tongue is the only muscle in the body that has a single attachment.

1 Like