Welcome to the new forum - Lets chat!

If you pop an @ in front of a username it’ll ping them to let them know you mentioned them. :+1: (and you get a badge :wink:)

@SexInTheCity @WillC

@Ian_Chimp thanks Ian :+1:

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: Hopefully people are finding these interjections useful, and I’ve not turned into some warped kind of Microsoft Paperclip nuisance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp yes mate anything to help migrate my way around mate

Ian Chimp, not sure what you mean! Do i put an @ in front of my username to pin it to my phone? If so how and where do i do that? :exploding_head:

No. I’m afraid I’m not sure how to get the app. It flashed up at the top of my screen and I clicked it, but no idea where it would be now? You could try clearing your phone browser and logging back in. Maybe that would force it to reset?

The @ is for ‘mentions’. So rather than WillC, I’d put @WillC and it makes it special and sends you a notification. If you pop an @ in and start typing straight after it there’s also a little dropdown list of suggested users you can tap on if you see the right one. :+1:

You can check to see if you have your own Notifications enabled by going to -

Username → Preferences → Notifications → and scroll right down to Live Notifications

Edited to add: It also acts as a link to the profile of the mentioned member too. :+1:

I miss the Microsoft paperclip :paperclip: though I must say you are a lot more helpful @Ian_Chimp!

I have a question, is it possible to make your privacy settings on your profile so that it is visible to only, for example, level 2 and above. I know we are currently all basic level but presumably over time the regular members and contributors will advance. I would like to put more information about myself on my profile but I only want it to be visible to like minded people that I trust are here for the same reasons as me and not randomly stumbled upon by people who don’t understand the LH forum or who I work with or know but not in a open to frank sexual discussions way as that would definitely lead to embarrassment.

I realise this is not a very welcoming and inclusive to new comers enquiry, most of whom are just after advice and new ideas but it would make me much more open with my profile I think.

@Lovehoney_Brenna this is probably a question for you but not for tonight as I hope you are home and not working!

2 Likes

Thanks Ian!

@Alicia4Ever :thinking: That’s odd, I have edited posts to add a tag and they’ve appeared fine after the edit.

…I have also accidentally tagged the wrong person in one post referencing the past and not realised until 24h and about 2minutes when I looked back and then been unable to change it! :see_no_evil:

Edit: Having just added you to this post, I think you just have to make sure you put a space in after the name (even if it already looks like there is one!) Without the space it undoes the name tag and just puts an @

1 Like

Hi @WillC, mine came up when I first went on to the forum but I believe you should be able to still click the menu button when on the Webpage (mine is the 3 little dots) and then there should be something that says “add to homescreen”. This is for Android, I have no idea if apple would be the same I’m afraid! Hope this helps - it seems once its pinned it keeps me logged in for much longer and although it isn’t technically an app it feels much more like it!

@peitho that’s a great idea!

1 Like

I will do some investigating and see if it is possible! :male_detective:

1 Like

Somehow yesterday I found the logout , today my feeble old brain can not see it anywhere ! Elderly assistance to the home page . Is it tucked away there somewhere ? More hunting , if not I guess I will close the link .

If you click on your page in the top right-hand corner, then click on your name it should bring up the menu where “log out” is:

Thanks Brenna. How do I find that page other than following this link?

It is also linked in the pinned “Review for Lovehoney” thread, currently there isn’t a nice button like there was before but I have popped it on my list!

2 Likes

Thank you , now if my old brain can remember that !

@SexInTheCity thanks, i just did it! :grinning:

1 Like

Arghh, love it, I just can’t work out where to sort out my profile photo… I’m sure i’ll get the hang of it soon!

Love the new forum however think it will take a bit of getting used to and working my way around. :slight_smile: :grinning: