WFH Driving Me Insane - How Do You Cope?

Hi all.

Just looking for a bit of advice really, ever since hubby started WFH (Working From Home) at the start of lockdown, sex and masturbation seems but a distant memory. Okay, so it’s not quite that bad and we do still have sex (on average once a week), but I do have the higher sex drive and I do masturbate probably 2-3 a week on top. When I’ve got purple ovaries, I’m cranky, unproductive and generally not fun to be around. My getting things done tends to depend on my getting off first :joy:

Before lockdowns and WFH, I used to start my day off with an orgasm, if I wanted one. Now that hubby WFH too and works from our bedroom, I can’t really be getting off on the daily while he’s trying to work. We live in a small one bedroom flat, so that leaves me with the living room - where the dog sleeps/is - or the bathroom, which is small, cold and uncomfortable. I’ve used the bathroom once or twice in a “needs must” situation, but it’s not somewhere anyone would routinely want to make love to themselves, it also tends to make it quite hard.

Evenings tend not to work: The dog sees me as pack leader and will harass hubby if I’m not around, which means I have to sit out and play mediator to keep the peace. I can’t really abandon hubby during our TV time because I want to get off, and it’s unfair to badger him if he’s not interested.

Hubby is a workaholic, as much as I wish he wouldn’t. We’ve been stepping up the intimacy lately with more date nights/cuddles, which I hope will improve things, but I need to fix my own problem, too.

I’m slowly going insane with repeated frustration and it is affecting my marriage - we need a solution, and fast. I’d welcome your thoughts. Thanks all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you looking for suggestions on increasing sex, or locations for masturbating?

If the latter then can I suggest going ‘for a walk’ to (insert excuse eg clear your head / get fresh air etc) and find somewhere private to do it? Obviously I have no idea where to you live to determine how feasible this may or may not be

1 Like

Moreso the latter. I think the increased sex may happen with increased intimacy, maybe.

There is a woods near me but it backs onto a school and a community centre. Kinky though I may be, I’ve ruled out ever doing anything there for presumably all too obvious reasons. Other than that, I’m sure nobody wants me sorting myself out on their driveway :joy:

lol@ the driveway :rofl:

Send him on an errand, , then you will have the place to yourself for 20 mins or so lol, that is what I would do.

1 Like

He took the dog for a walk earlier, trouble is he got back before I’d even got started :joy:

1 Like

send him on a very long long walk lol, omg poor you.
thats frustrating as hell ok so u are going to be cranky for the rest of the day… LOL

1 Like

Do you have a car? Go for a drive, find somewhere quiet and go for it.

Alternatively, inform your husband that you need to sort yourself out in the morning and so there are no Teams calls before 11:00am.

Or a third option would ne to call his boss, inform him or her that you feel that in the case of your husband, a hybrid working model would be more productive. At least that would give you a couple of days a week.

1 Like

Trouble is he has a schedule too so he can’t be away too long as he has to get back for lunch (literal lunch, not a euphemism :joy:).

It’s an ongoing problem, but yeah, today is one day of the days of this problem (“I swear we haven’t had sex in like, ever [it’s literally been a week :joy:]”). To make it worse, I have to put up with the England VS Netherlands game and his Dad tonight, who I invited over to collect some tropical fish from me. Whoever i did wrong, I’m really sorry :joy:

I don’t drive, I’m prone to dizzy spells so I don’t have a licence on health grounds.

The no Teams calls would be one idea but I don’t think he gets to schedule them, they’re more “this is when they are, be there”, at least as far as I understand.

The hybrid working would be another idea but I can’t see him agreeing to it. Pretty sure that in a battle of wills, his lay-ins would win over my orgasms, annoyingly.

1 Like

Why not just do it next to.hi. whiles hes working as long as hes not on teams, he may enjoy the view and increase his hornyness levels

2 Likes

smash the tv! then he will have to go over his Dads for the Game LOL

I have the opposite problem she is not around enough…
Im trying to give some practical advice but im just laughing sorry.

3 Likes

I would recommend having a chat with hubby about how things can be worked out. I am sure between you both things can be worked out. Good luck

1 Like

It’s worked once or twice but he would get annoyed by me doing it too often. Like I say, he’s a workaholic, and good work takes precedence over sex.

Poor you! I have a similar situation with my husband working from home all the time. I’ve managed to convince him to go in to the office a bit more often but it’s a bit difficult if he doesn’t want to. Might he be able to work in a coffee shop or take his laptop outside somewhere?! It wouldn’t work for me but lots of people work from my local coffee shop so it clearly works for some people!

2 Likes

You know in the moments of insanity is when pure genius is born?

is sounding like a damn good idea! :joy:

Off-topic here, but it reminds me of when we scattered my father’s ashes at sea and it was windy. I joked that we could lower his urn from his fishing rod into the ocean, rather than risk any, erm, blowback, and my mother and brother actually thought it was a genius idea. Sometimes the crazy minds are the best minds :joy:

I’m sorry to hear about your situation though, I have a similar problem with my poly partner. 200 miles can feel like a considerable distance when we both want to do unspeakable things to one another :joy:

Hmm, that’s definitely an idea. Thankyou for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

The irony is he used to joke about writers like me working from cafés - “important blogger people” he calls us, because we like to go to the café and “pretend” to do “important blogger stuff”. So it feels like a bit of sweet karma to send him to the café so I can have my orgasms back! :joy:

2 Likes

Another random thought - is your living room usable if the dog was out? If so, could you afford a dog walker once or twice a week? I think there’s even a free version of this called borrowmydoggy.com or something like that, it’s a site where dog lovers who can’t have a dog borrow a dog from busy people who need a dog sitter.

1 Like

There is always the shower head :rofl:

BREAKING NEWS UK ECONOMY IN OVERDRIVE AS FRUSTRATED WIVES SEND THEIR HUSBANDS BACK TO WORK

Oh dear, this must be a nationwide issue :grinning:

2 Likes

I have heard of Borrow My Doggy, I’ll have to check it out as it may be another solution. Again thankyou :blush:

1 Like

I mean there is that Womaniser one now and I do wrife reviews… trouble is what if I need more than my alotted four minutes? :rofl:

I’m dying, Lovehoney needs to incentivise this. It’s for the good of the country :rofl: