What am I doing wrong with my Womanizer Pro40?

Hi all,

I was so excited to get a Womanizer Pro40, and I’ve had it for about a week. I’ve definitely had some success with it but am having a frustrating issue:

A couple of times it’s gotten me to the very edge of an O, like right there, but I cant’t seem to go over that edge no matter how long or how much I adjust the intensity. Sooooo frustrating! This happened today, was grooving on about level 3-4ish, many very pleasurable sensations, but didn’t get all the way there, which led to a very long session with increasing intensity all the way to the max, so now I’m really sore and incredibly frustrated.

Any practical tips? I know about just needing to practice with it, making sure it’s in the right spot (it definitely was), everyone is different etc. What I’m looking for is specific suggestions from those who have this toy and might have experienced something similar. Especially tips for if you don’t have all day to be on the edge but kind of want to get the job done.

One thing that happens with this toy, which is usually awesome, is that I get little mini-Os, or spasms, along the way which let me know it’s in the right spot and we’re on the right road to O-land. They start to increase in frequency and intensity until it builds to an amazing full orgasm.

But a couple of times, like today, I get those mini-Os and I think we’re on our way, but each one does release some “tension” and therefore prolongs the ultimate build-up. Today it was all build up.

Anyway, long explanation, but would love to hear feedback with some practical suggestions for getting to destination O a bit faster with this toy.

Thank you!!
Schmookie

I know this may be too simple, but have you tried warming up with another toy first? Mrs Chimp often likes to swop her suction toy in for the final stretch as a sort of special finishing move. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The only thing I can suggest is that you are overthinking it? Sometimes I can think myself out of an orgasm by focusing on the fact it feels like it is about to happen and that it’s going to be great and then it seems to take a while so I start thinking “why is this not happening?” And basically it’s a vicious cycle.

Otherwise, if you are finding yourself struggling, change it up a little. After a mini orgasm, do you keep the toy at the same setting or do you turn it down, remove it for a minute, move it over a touch, turn it up, or anything? Try doing what you don’t usually do. You could also change the position your body is in or add in some other stimulation (nipples, anal, vaginal, even just stroking your skin, whatever works for you).

I don’t have the Pro40 (I have a few of the others) but I found with the Premium the intensity increase between each setting isn’t particularly large, whereas the Starlet feels like a massive jump between them (due to the number of settings each has and level of intensity each toy has as Womanizer don’t just give the Starlet the 4 lowest settings). Therefore sometimes if I just feel I need the orgasm, I go for the Starlet as I find the jump in intensity between the settings drags the orgasm out a little easier (in a good way). If I’m using the Premium and am not looking for a long session, I will often go up 2 settings at a time so that I properly feel the increase. As I said, I don’t have the Pro40 so don’t know what the increase is like so this could be way too intense to do but might still be worth a thought.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will definitely add that idea to my bag of tricks :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! All good ideas! It is definitely possible I’m overthinking it. It could partly be bc in general it’s pretty difficult for me to have an orgasm most of the time. Then when I found this toy and they were like, boom! Bang! Success! So I’m probably adding a layer of mild anxiety to it, I.e. what if the Orgasm Fairy doesn’t ever “come” again, lol. I did find with a different session that was starting to get frustrating that I took a break - actually decided to stop and then about 5 mins later I was like, I’m just going to try again - and after that it was pretty quick. I think I hesitate to take a break because it feels like I’m “right there,” but if it’s taking a while I can certainly stop, wait, try again.

The Pro40 has a big jump between level 1 and 2, and kind of a big jump between 2 and 3, after that they feel pretty similar to me, just more buzzy.

Thanks again, much appreciation!

-S

Another of Mrs Chimp’s top tips is to combine it with a glass dildo (the LH beaded glass dildo in particular, though the Icicles No5 is making its way back up the charts​:slightly_smiling_face:).

She loves that combination. And if she warmed up with another clit toy first as well - plus glass, plus Finishing Move - it can often get a bit explosive. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope you find something that works. :+1:

2 Likes

I second Mr Chimps suggestion!

I have personally found that on it’s own it is not quite enough and can take forever to reach the grand finale! I find that for quicker release, they are best of paired with another toy. Something you can ‘grip’ onto, so to speak!

1 Like

Relax! And don’t put so much pressure on yourself.

Grab a relaxing bath and have a feel. Finish yourself off with the womanizer and take your time. The more you think about it the less likely you are to achieve it.

1 Like

I think I read in someone’s review that the XL tips you can buy from Lovehoney will actually also fit the Pro40. I’m not 100% sure on this but I know with the Premium I need the larger tip fitted to completely engulf and swallow my clit to seal it well… then I explode :woman_facepalming:t3::sweat_drops: With the smaller tip it seems to take a lot longer and positioning it takes forever - Time is something I don’t have when I’m wanting my Womanizer :smile:

Maybe Customer Services can answer this for you as if you’re like me then the larger head makes all of the difference.

Xxx

2 Likes

I’ve just checked the Womanizer main website and it confirms that yes the above heads I mentioned will also fit the Pro40. I really do think this larger head will help you a lot.

I don’t have an overly large clit, just extremely sensitive and the larger head causes me no discomfort like the standard heads do. The smaller standard heads feel like hours of edging at times but the larger heads… life changing.

Thank me later :heart: Xxx

2 Likes

They sell spare heads at Lovehoney too (and you could get a discount and free postage if you’re Unlimited :slightly_smiling_face:) :+1:

I’m not 100% sure what sized heads you can get for the Lovehoney x Pro40? It seems to be a little different to the one on the Womanizer website, but I don’t know how much by?

1 Like

Thank you, great advice!!

Ha ha, I’ll thank you in advance now! :blush::heart:

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

Thanks everyone! I hadn’t visited the forum in a few days, love the supportive responses, thank you!

I followed some of the advice and with a rare couple of hours to myself (don’t know when that’ll happen again!) I had no trouble at all, la la la!

So it is definitely partly a situational issue, makes total sense. I am going to order some of the larger heads too to try that out.

PS also helpful was getting into the shower so the shower noise masked the lawn mower/helicopter noise of the Pro40, I think that was causing some self-consciousness too. I would recommend having a standing up O in the shower…wowza! First time standing up orgasm, a different sensation and very enjoyable.

Thanks again!

-S

1 Like

Just to add to the warm-up comments: Absolutely. Couldn’t agree more. Ditto the combination with another toy or toys, like a dildo, butt-plug, nipple suckers or whatever you find hot and exciting.
Wall mounted dildos are great on shower tiles :relieved:

1 Like