What are the best vibrator wands

Looking at getting a wand for the wife , which are the best on the market , mains powered or rechargeable , large or mini.

My partner and I bought a lelo smart wand recently, and that’s been pretty fun. It’s randomly turned off 3 times since we’ve had it which is inconvenient but otherwise it’s been fine. It’s also on sale at the moment, which is always good.

My favorite wand though is our one by satisfyer, but lovehoney don’t sell this one. It was 1/4 of the price, is easier to charge, and seems to last longer between charges. It can be a little bulky to hold but that’s the only downside for me.

Die cast doxy, pricey but worth it. It is now my partners favourite toy.

It depends what you need and how you intend to use it.

Mains powered wands generally have the strongest vibration and are what people rave about, and are therefore why wands have an iconic status amongst sex toys. However, they do tend to be louder than their rechargeable counterparts, aren’t waterproof, have very little options when it comes to size and you are tethered to the wall with a cable potentially in the way at times.

Rechargeable wands generally don’t have quite as much power but this isn’t necessarily a negative as not everyone uses their wands on the top speeds anyway. However, it is worth noting that if power is what is important to you, you will most likely end up paying a fair bit more for a top powered rechargeable one compared to a mains powered one. Rechargeable wands can be a little quieter, come in more of a range of sizes, some are waterproof and some have features such as app control.

In terms of size, standard sized wands (corded or rechargeable) are quite bulky and may not be suited for all types of sexual positions if you intend to use them during penetrative sex. However, the larger size (coupled with rumbly vibrations) spreads the vibration deeper and over a larger area. This means you don’t always need perfect placement.

The problem with going smaller is that often you lose power. Again, this may or may not be an issue. There are plenty of really good medium sized wands which do have plenty of power to them, for example the Lovense Domi, Mantric, Desire as well as the Doxy 3 and 3R (which are a bit of a half way house, being more powerful than an average medium sized wand but not quite as rumbly as the full sized mains powered ones). They also tend to be a little easier to handle.

However, do be aware some of the mini wands copy the shape of a wand but not so much the power or frequency of the vibrations. I’m not saying they aren’t good toys in their own right, but in my opinion, they don’t give the “proper wand experience”.

2 Likes

Wow awsome response Calie thanks.

Mantric rechargeable cordless one has been a revelation for us!

@neonblueram1973 Hi I have the Love honey wand it is excellent nice long lead it has a scroll wheel which is good for changing the interest of the vibration and a nice size head hope this helps

Doxy wands are really good but on the more expensive end.
Also rate this one very highly This wand very powerful for its size and a good shape to hold.

1 Like

My wife has the mains powered Hitachi and it gives her incredible orgasms.

1 Like

I agree with @Curums123 I use the Mantric and it’s amazing. Easily powerful enough and then some! I often consider a Doxy as they’re supposed to be the elite wand but I don’t like the idea of the cable. It’s so much better (IMO) to have rechargeable.

I have both the Lovehoney wand and a Doxy wand and I love them. Go for the Lovehoney wand if your more on a budget and go for the doxy if you want something more expensive and premium.

It depends on power, rumbly or buzzy, do you want to travel with it or not? Does your wife prefer wider stimulation or is she rather a pinpoint gal? If the latter a wand might not be what you need. Even if she prefers wider stimulation wand head sizes and hardness varies so best to check her preferences first.

Corded:

• Doxy Die Cast or Hitachi (latter is a bit rumblier), these are big powerhouses, not waterproof though
  • LH’s own Extra Powerful Multispeed corded wand I hear good things about so maybe it’s a good first wand as the price is unbeatable.

Rechargeable:

• Lovense Domi 2, the app itself and the long distance controls and vibing to music are all fab features, rumbly, one of my favourite wands not just for these cool features but for the quality of orgasms it gives, deep, rolling, satisfying orgasms.
  • We-vibe wand is on my wishlist, 2 attachments, rumbly, app controllable except app isn’t that great, I own other We-vibe app based products, it’s waterproof too
  • just got the Rocks Off Oriel, rumblier on lower speeds, buzzy on highest steady setting and patterns are buzzy too but waterproof, very affordable and currently on sale, not Doxy power though. It’s a medium sized wand and I inserted the head vaginally and that was fun (not anal safe though) so it’s not just a wand
    edited by mod

Mini wands:

• I don’t own anything from what LH sells as mini wands, others might have suggestions though on these
    edited by mod
2 Likes

We have used the Mantric rechargeable wand for months now and it has been great. It hold battery for more than one session and has many settings/patterns with three different speeds for each so its really customisable to what you are feeling at the time.

One thing my partner and i have really liked is the colour that is linked to the vibration pattern so when you are using the toy with someone you can remember what colour you like and say that mid play. It makes communication much easier. For being a battery powered wand, it is very powerful, especially if you are sensitive. The mildest speed can make you climax!

Highly recommend.