What batteries

Was not sure where to put this, so as its sex toy related maybe here was best.

What do you use in regards to batteries.

Do you use rechargeable, Durrell everyday or cheap and cheerful ?
And how should they last ?

The reason I asked I put 2 new batteries in the swoon release and we use it twice for around 10 minutes each time. The third time once I turned it on it went dead. So on Friday i put 2 new batteries in and went to use it on sunday and it powered off. Maybe duff batteries which I think is the case. Is there any reason not to use rechargeable ? As the amount of batteries I'm going through no various toys I may need to get a part time job to pay for them lol.

They say to avoid rechargeable batteries because the actual sizes of rechargeable batteries are ever so slightly bigger than the same version in normal batteries and they can often get wedged inside toys due to the size.

Second thing, more of a tip really but I recommend removing the betteries from your toys after use and putting them back in next time you want to play. You might be surprised to know that some vibes can continue to drain the batteries while they are just left inside the toy. Not only this but occasionally batteries can leak (Its happened to be 2 or 3 times over the years) and the acid stuff that leaks out of them is corrosive and can just destroy your toy.

I would recommend also buying good quality batteries like duracell and trying the tip above and seeing what happens. If it continues then it sounds to me like a faulty toy rather than the batteries issue. (Lovehoney have a great returns policy if needed: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

Thanks Fluffbags for clearing things up.
If the only reason not to use rechargeable batteries is they may get stuck I will chance it. And the amount of use some of the toys are getting I think I might have to lock them away, I don't want to add compulsive battery buyer to the rest of my addictions.

spiceitup wrote:

Thanks Fluffbags for clearing things up.
If the only reason not to use rechargeable batteries is they may get stuck I will chance it. And the amount of use some of the toys are getting I think I might have to lock them away, I don't want to add compulsive battery buyer to the rest of my addictions.

Rechargeable vibrators all the way - they pay for themselves sooner than you might think!

I agree with Alice, now we just need a larger varety :)
Although I've got to save £10k by November, so maybe not that large a variety till after I've moved :)

I second Alice. Although rechargeable toys are investment, they do pay themselves off after some time, usually within a year. It does depend on how often you use them. But they do pay for themselves and sometimes are handy, as when you are low on money, you dont have to worry about buying batteries.

I use my toys a lot but I don't find I have to change the batteries that often. I do use decent quality batteries and take them out between uses so they last a long time.

I wouldn't want toys out recharging and it would take a long time for them to pay for themselves, probably longer than i own most toys for.

Rechargable is definitely the way forward!

However, for those of you who like having battery opperated toys, you might like to check out this handy guide:

Guide to Batteries for Sex toys

^_^

Thanks for that link jess, I checked where to look for the AA batteries and low and behold didn't find any down the back of my sofa or in the kitchen drawer.

No problem, glad I could help :)

My top tip: if you can't get to the shop, steal the batteries from household clocks! Who needs to know the time anyway?! ;)

Have 3 clocks and 1 is on the cooker , like to see the size of the toy that will fit .

I did this and the clock in the kitchen is still stuck on 7.45 :)

Lol

Haha, excellent!

Desperate times..... ;)

Bulk buy them from ebay, thats what I do, not only for me but for general use, much cheaper, Duracel ones too.

pound shop - kodak ones .