What do you call your dom?

My partner and I have been into bondage and S/M for a while now. But we are starting to get more serious. He rececently asked me what i wanted to call him and i didnt know. He has suggested Master. It feels a little too formal for me, so potentually thinking about Sir. What you you call your Dom?

Sub/Dom is usually sir I think from memory, master is usually the term used in a master/slave situation or lifestyle and usually involves being collard, sub/Dom is more sexual where later is more lifestyle and cerebral. But don't quote me lol only dipped toes in water for a while as online master! X

Sir for me...I find master to formal and daddy just never feels right.

I call him by his name. Dominance has nothing to do with using titles and sir/master sound a bit ridiculous to me. I have no issue with others using those terms but they aren't for me.

This for me is all subjective . It depends on how you want to play it and what you both are happy in doing. All I would say is just be careful how you address yourselves in public assuming you want to keep your activities just to yourselves.

For us we are more into roleplays so the name side of it depends on the scenario and who is the top and who is the bottom .

I've been doing D/s with my current partner for about 18 months and we have yet to use any honorifics. I have heard people use all sorts though, Sir, Master & Daddy are the most prevelant ones it seems. But I've also heard Boss & Captain. Also people using terms from other languages. Just do what works for you. More often than not when subbing I just use his name, I like his name and I like saying it, so that's good for me. Is doesn't make me feel less submissive because I'm not saying Sir (or similar).

However as a Top I am leaning towards thinking a title would be nice, how hypocritical of me! So I do understand why you might want to find a suitable option for you.

Sir and Miss/mistress

That's some collection you have in your toy drawer Emma. That's devotion to the cause right there.

I'd call my dom anything as long as I was punished for it hahaha

This is a bonafide question

so when will you know the difference, when to call him sir/master or husband. what do you do to get into the sub mindset after a day at work, do you wear an outfit or have to put on an item

T1702 wrote:

This is a bonafide question

so when will you know the difference, when to call him sir/master or husband. what do you do to get into the sub mindset after a day at work, do you wear an outfit or have to put on an item

Lots of people will have different answers for this. But for myself an partner once we start getting things like rope out, restraints, impact play and we are mving into a 'scene' then that's when we move from our standard approach to a more D/s dynamic. It's a very easy transition and isn't at all tricky. Much the same of how a non-kink couple goes from sitting on the sofa watching TV to having mad passionate sex. It just happens, in different ways for many people.

For people who have a more full-time dynamic their answer will be different.

Some people may have a ritual of putting on their collar, which might get them into the right mondset after a day at work, or a venture in non-kink life.

I love Latex and I do find that putting on my Latex and a pair of skyscraper heels is a sure fire way of getting me into Top mode, and if my partner sees me in that its a good indication of what is going to follow.

We are all very different though, and at the end of the day it's much more about how we feel emotionally I think that the physical portrayals of what were are doing. I think the physical things like collars and clothes are just aids to the mindset we enjoy for BDSM. For many people, obviously there will be exceptions.

:)

I prefer sir and i nick named my sub butterfly

Personally i feel the master title should be earned not chosen

wife

My sub calls me Mr (insert my surname) when being formal. That way it is still my name and it shows respect. She will refer to me as her Sir when emailing or chatting with other subs. When family, friends and children are around she will call me by a normal name, papa, dad, (insert first name) etc.
I will call her Mrs (insert surname) when asking her to perform tasks, or kitten. (When she is being stroked or when she is over my lap) During a scene she will be called whatever is appropriate at the time. I.e. could be a humiliation,or a rough sex scene. It is not an enforced rule that she calls me Mr, but we are both comfortable with this. I find that Master reminded me too​ much of school... Not saying she hasn't ever been a naughty schoolgirl... ;-)

I've had 2 Dom's previously and they were Daddy.

We use sir. If I'm the dom which is pretty rare I am called miss.

Sir followed by Your wish is my command!

I call her mistress or big sister as older sibling

If I had a dom (πŸ™πŸ» one day PLEASE!) it would be daddy.

His real name or some form of affectionate term of endearment, unless it is a direct command or instruction, in which case "Yes, Sir" is the correct response.

I call him Sir (I only really use Sir in writing, text messages etc) or Master. He prefers Master, he will often punishes me if I forget to say Master after saying please / thank you etc.