What Lube

I'm not so much concerned with silicone lubricant and toys as I am with silicone lubricant leaving residue inside me or my partner and altering the environment in there enough to cause problems, which has happened. I appreciate that Liquid Silk does have a small amount of silicone in it. However, Liquid Silk never left any whitish gunge coming out of me for weeks afterwards like the lubricants with more silicone in them did.

Silicone lubricants do function amazingly well during intimacy, it's just such a shame they have other drawbacks. So unfortunately, I've given up on more siliconey lubricants, as much as I used to love ID Millenium.

While there are people who react to silicones (and it sounds as if you may be one of them) this is also true of many other substances used in lubes. I think silicone has got a bad name because of granulomas forming where silicones have been injected into the body - a far cry from its topical use as a lubricant. If you injected almost any of the other lube ingridients into the body in the volumes that silicone has been injected cosmetically into some people they would probably prove rapidly fatal!