What position

So my wife suffers from bad hips and we have been struggling to find a comfortable position for her, usually doggy is our go to but it’s still not that comfy for her, any ideas will be appreciated as we are out of ideas

2 Likes

My OH has rheumatoid arthritis, so i sympathise. Have you tried each lying on your side in a spooning position? Cushions are good too, her on the edge of a bed/table you kneeling/standing? Or just her bending over a table whilst you stand behind? It can be very challenging/frustrating at times, but patience and experimentation pay off. Sorry i can`t be more help!

2 Likes

Thanks will, that’s great advice, will try the standing behind her while she’s also stood up and see if that helps, mostly when it’s from behind she’ll be on all fours and I’ll be stood up behind her

No problem, obviously different conditions require different positions. I do miss the days when we could be like contortionists, but you have to adapt to survive!

1 Like

Maybe a warm bath first and then spooning position as previously suggested?

1 Like

Maybe this is more dependent on the problems she has but perhaps some mobility/yoga to help open the hips up to allow for positions to be comfier over time? Or maybe supporting the body in positions like a pillow under her hips so there isn’t as much strain on the joints?

1 Like

The Liberators are pricey, but some people swear by them (particularly the Wedge). You could try replicating something like that with firm pillows to test the idea out before committing to anything expensive?

If something to sit on would help there’s this sex position stool?

And there’s a separate guide (non-LH) with a few tips and ideas in. :+1:

ETA: That little gif it’s popped in the box is a bit suggestive. I hope it’s allowed. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Even though this is for hip replacement the principal is still the same.

1 Like

Also some of these maybe useful using a sex pillow wedge. (Not all of them)

https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/sex-and-love/best-sex-positions-women?

1 Like

I suggested trying yoga to her but she’s not tried it as yet, thanks Ian, the sex stool looks ideal, I’ll have to get saving up, could be the answer to our problem

1 Like

Pilates was the other one that was on the tip of my tongue the other night but couldn’t remember! Hopefully help a little with hip mobility

1 Like

Thanks lush that’s also very useful, will have a good read of that later on

We tried a Pilates class before but was to expensive to keep going back, will have a look online and see if there is any we could do at home together, thanks for all your suggestions

1 Like

Hello! Fellow arthritis sufferer here, and it is flaring at the moment so I can sympathise.

We have a wedge shaped Liberator Cushion, and a heart shaped one - both from Lovehoney.

They can be very helpful, both for solo sessions and when we are together. So are the cushions we have on the bed for decoration: a couple of large square ones and a couple of small, firm rectangular ones. They are easier to grab as we need them - the Liberators feel more like pieces of furniture. You can actually buy Liberator furniture-type items… I have my eye on this one for when the kids leave home :wink:

Considering positions is wise, and doggy works best for us but we take a bit of leading up to that, as it feels raunchy rather than close, if that makes sense - so we start of with fingerwork / oral and finish in a position where we are face to face if we can. My back is affected more than my hips, so a variation on missionary is still ok. And Cowgirl is good.

Other have mentioned a warm bath and painkillers beforehand - good ideas. I’d also add that sex is exercise, so enjoy it but plan for increased pain / stiffness / fatigue the next morning - factor that into your plans. Make having an intimate time together a priority over other things, if you need to.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks MsR, great advice, will definitely look into getting a wedge cushion, the one you’ve linked looks perfect, I’ll show my wife and see if she thinks it’ll be helpful for her, thanks for the help

I agree with @MsR about making time over other things, especially if you need to plan the warm bath/painkillers advice. Obviously the best laid plans can go awry due to flare ups or medication side effects ( R.A. medication can be brutal) but sex is a great mood lifting exercise, so go for it as often as possible. I must admit, such conditions force you to be inventive, you end up looking at items of furniture around the house thinking of how it could be used to lean over or lie on for maximum effect!

2 Likes

Cheers will, yeah we’ve tried a lot of different things, I think the best position we’ve found was on the stairs, her knees on the second to last step and leaning her body over the landing if that makes sense, that seemed to be comfy for her

1 Like

Yeah, i know exactly what you mean! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be pleased with the wedge - it’s fabulous

1 Like

Thanks Susan, definitely gonna look into getting one

1 Like