What’s everyone’s occupation

I’m in admin /pa for civil service as well as a carer for my sons who both have autism and ADHD. I am also autistic

I am a site maintenance and projects fabricator so.i do welding and fab work on anything from big mobile equipment to large high pressure hydroilic systems to big steel structures

I’m an electrician, nothing really exciting to say about that :neutral_face:

Web developer and accessibility consultant … coming up to 20 years.

1 Like

Ah bless you @Baby_Jane for trying to guide accessibility stuff. Amazing how many people get things so wrong on easy stuff. Anyone who helps is a legend in my book. Flexibility is the key to accessibility, and people would do well to remember that. :heart:

1 Like

This is so right; much of accessibility is easily fixed with common sense, and most websites can see a 90% improvement with no special/expensive testing tools at all… Just get rid of your mouse for a few days and try to use the web with only a keyboard. It’s a very different experience.

1 Like

Yeah. The thing that gets me is where people offer me fixed alternatives, but I have my browser set up properly, so if they just left it to the browser, it would be fine. By fixing things, they make it worse. The one I totally don’t understand is where they remove the ability to zoom a Web page, seemingly for no apparent reason.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the zoom thing is an issue on (some) public sector websites, which is a glaring flaw when folks are asked to pay tax and apply for benefits that way.

Too many issues are “fixed” at the expense of usability as well.

1 Like

I’m a Process Technician & shift manager in the Termoforming plastic mould extraction business. 19 years of service thus far.

2 Likes

For some bizarre reason, I first read that as “Princess Technician” :woman_facepalming:

I worked in a plastics factory for play money while at college :grinning:

1 Like

Truck driver!

Sparky! The most hated of trades lol

Bank teller, in training to become a personal banker :blush:

1 Like

Chef​:smiley:

5 Likes

Housewife most of the time, work as a HCA for the NHS :slightly_smiling_face: in a previous life before having a child I was a manager within a corporate company.

1 Like

HGV technician

1 Like

Master builder and king of trades (carpenter) :wink::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Plow snow, build roads, arborist, storm sewer replacement, concrete asphalt work, all the fun stuff

1 Like

You’ve got to be from across the pond?

Yep

1 Like