What Size Womens Basque Should I Buy For Myself?

Hi all hope someone could help me i want to buy myself a basque but not sure on size to buy as i am a man who wears up to 36 inch waist size trousers etc.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @ste03 :slightly_smiling_face:

You may want to take a few more measurements than just waist size, but there are size guides on some of the product pages that can give some idea of fit in different places:

It may take a bit of trial and error, but Lovehoney have a good returns policy, so you can buy a couple of sizes and see how you get on (and send them back if you don’t like them). :+1:

1 Like

Hi and thank you so do i have to go plus size i wear medium size t-shirts if that helps aswell am i i a size 16 or 18 being looking at plus size one size.

I can’t grab a good screenshot of the size guide on my phone, but this one will do:

That one is for the Lovehoney Lingerie, other brands may differ, but judging on waist size alone it looks like you want the 1X/2X. However, once you try it on you may find that you prefer a different fit. Most of them are quite adjustable, as they cover a couple of traditional dress sizes, so there will be some leeway to tweak the fit. :+1:

1 Like

Ok thank you very much i will try the 1X/2X have seen one on offer for £20 in the lovehoney sale but ewill look for more that size or contact lovehoney if i could try one out.

1 Like

I think it’s much the same as buying any other item of clothing (especially online), and you just have to try a few different ones to get a feel for what you’re looking for. It can be a bit of a slog, but it all helps. :slightly_smiling_face: And if the basques don’t work out for your body shape, you might have better luck combining a separate suspender belt with a different style top to get a similar effect that suits better.

There’s also a special offer this weekend for an extra 20% off most items, if you put EXTRA20 in the voucher code box in your basket. :+1:

Well i have ordered Fifty shade Of Grey Captivate Plus Size Black And Silver Basque Set to try on.

2 Likes

That’s great. :slightly_smiling_face: I hope it fits. :crossed_fingers:

So do i ordered the size you suggested and bought some stockings aswell will let you know how i get on.

3 Likes

@ste03 Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave: Hope it all workers out well with your order, sounds great.

Hey welcome to the forum! :raised_hands: basque sizes usually are quite forgiving if made from stretch Fabrics so the main thing you need to think is do you want a waist shaping fit or a comfy hug style fit?

1 Like

Recieved my basque from lovehoney haven’t tried it on yet,thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Hi everyone i got to eventually wear the basque i ordered felt abit weird though.

2 Likes

Because of the fit? Or did you not like the style?

Think because it was my first time wearing women’s lingerie,wasn’t anything to do with fit or style.

1 Like

I was classing that as ‘style’. :slightly_smiling_face:

It was still worth a go to find out though, even if it’s turned out you don’t like it as much as you thought you would. :+1: Do you think there’s an element of self-consciousnesss involved about trying a new thing? Wearing it a couple of times to get used to it may help with that.

Hi yes think it was first time wearing i will have to wear more like you said sorry if i didn’t know what you meant as new to this sort of thing.

1 Like

Totally my fault. I could have been much clearer. :+1:

Lots of guys like wearing swish lingerie, but I think it can feel a bit weird the first few times. Not only is it like wearing a style of something you’re not used to (like posh shoes compared to comfy trainers), but the fact that it’s commonly thought of as ‘women’s’ underwear can add an extra barrier too.

There are quite a few men on here that like wearing basques and stockings (and suspenders, frilly knickers, etc, etc), and there are lots of topics on it if you want to read about some of their experiences firsthand? There are also some photos in the Lingerie Photo Uploads topic if you have a scroll. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for that maybe i should have said wearing for first time i did like the material,looking to wear a plus size mini dress too babysteps first if you know what i mean?

3 Likes

Hi all am getting to like wearing my basque now.

5 Likes