What to wear over a suspender belt and stockings?

I'm going out with my boyfriend and a few mates to a club and want to surprise him when we get back, but I'm worried that people will see that I'm wearing them. What do you gals usually wear stockings underneath?

Hi Billie, I always wear them now instead of tights, i either have a bad habbit of laddering tights or sticking my nails through them so its so much easier and sexier.

But go for whatever you feel comfortable in, a dress or skirt and dont worry no ones going to be able to tell (i wear seamed ones and people thing they are fashion tights!) x

There's no reason you couldn't wear them under trousers

As long as the skirt or dress is long enough to cover the suspender clips and welt (tops of the stockings) no-one will know. :-)

I would like to start wearing stockings but whenever I try on a pair it always feels like the belt is really being pulled down.

Curly Wurly wrote:

I would like to start wearing stockings but whenever I try on a pair it always feels like the belt is really being pulled down.

You may need a better quality suspender belt, not one that is just thin elastic. In addition deeper belts work better for me. Have you tried a waspie with suspenders or suspender knickers or a basque. I have them all and I find the better quality and deeper items work much better. Look as the kiss me deadly items on here expensive but goodness they look good.

I love wearing stockings and suspenders out. I wear them under skirts and dresses, but I do always get that feeling around the back that maybe my skirt has moved up a bit and the tops of the suspenders can be seen. I'm forever pulling my skirt down but its a great feeling wearing them out.

My preference is something loose fitting below so nothing shows but made from thin enough material that he can feel what's there and imagine the details until we get home. Not sure how that would translate to club wear. Dressy trousers and most skirts work well though.

I usually wear them under skirts or dresses. I just make sure the material is not to tight that you can see the strap marks and not to loose that a gust iof wind could blow it up and reveal all. Once you have a glass of wine in you , you won't even care if people can see them lol.

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

You may need a better quality suspender belt, not one that is just thin elastic. In addition deeper belts work better for me. Have you tried a waspie with suspenders or suspender knickers or a basque. I have them all and I find the better quality and deeper items work much better. Look as the kiss me deadly items on here expensive but goodness they look good.

Ooh thanks, I'll have a look into it!

I have worn dresses and skirts and wore my garter belt underneath and no one has know and neither has my OH until he runs his hand over my ass tee hee . Only you know you have it on no one can see I have never had any issues and I have worn tight skirts too

My OH has worn them under a longer pencil skirt before, the lenght hides the tops but if u look close you can see the straps...which is sexy for me lol

I have a black lace skater type dress which I wear with black stockings underneath & my oh loves it. Who cares what anyone thinks as long as your comfortable I wouldn't worry. They are probably only jealous that you have the confidence to look good out x

Skater skirts! Just put the stockings high up too

Well, when I wore my suspender belt with stockings, I wore my denim skirt; it's a fairly casual skirt, quite thick material, not too tight so that the clips wouldn't show but it also isn't one to get blown by the wind.

Really, I'd say you could wear them with anything - a skirt, trousers, jeans - as long as they're not too tight if you feel too self-conscious about people knowing.

You might be more comfortable in trousers/jeans the first time you wear them? Just because then, if the clips on your suspender belt aren't the best at keeping your stockings up, it won't matter if they slip. :)

If you wear them under a skirt or dress just watch out for the odd four legged friend.

Their cold noses have an unerring instinct for the best way to make you jump sky high

Just a leather trench coat. Lol