What's on your plate this Christmas

Ok, it's been a few years since I've cooked christmas dinner, but I'm seriously looking forward to it. Ok I'm not doing as much as I use to when I did cook it last, but I've picked the major bits and pieces for the plates.

Stuffing

Yorkshires (should or shouldn't they be on the plate, I say hell Yes, but your thoughts welcome).

Kalette

Brussels

Roasted potatoes

Mash with brussel sprouts mixed

carrots

sweetcorn

cabbage (but mostly cooking for next days bubble and squeak).

quorn roasts cooked in the slow cooker to prevent them from drying out.

Veggie sausages wrapped in veggie bacon.

normally I'd make a nut roast but the little one can't eat the chunky nuts so maybe next time. And I've switched the wine or port gravey for a homemade onion one.

We have salted caramel cheesecake for desert. Sadly already eaten the cheese and crackers for boxing day / snacking (I did buy two cheese boards worth too).

So what are you putting on your plate / looking forward to?

Bog standard in our house is turkey, breadsauce, cranberry sauce, gravy, carrots, parsnips, tatties, broccoli, peas, sprouts, cocktail sausages, bacon, stuffing. Prawn Cocktail for starters. No dessert because there's too much bloody food to manage. Leftover turkey and stuffing sambos for dinner and/or a leftover turkey and vegetable soup.

Wow - what a feast!!!

Turkey

Pigs in blankets

Stuffing

Roast pots

Roast parsnips

Roast carrots

Roast Brussels

Yorkshire puddings

Lashings of gravy

Apple/horseradish/mustard

Pudding? - possibly mint viennetta/sponge and custard (not very Christmasy, but don't do fruit puddings)

Sausage rolls

Nibbles

Chocs as and when we want!!!

Oh blimey - hungry now!!!!

Xxx

everything but sprouts

big love for cranberry sauce with turkey

snowballs

yule cake for one

🐼

I'm glad I started this as you guys have reminded me of cranberry sauce and mustard which I have in the back of the cupboard, so will get them out too =)

Sounds delicious Lady Ness!

We are having:

Quorn Roast

Yorkshire Pudding (I agree with you - lol)

Roast Potatoes

Carrots

Sweetcorn

Peas

Honey Roasted Parsnips

Sage & Onion Stuffing made with Cauldren Lincolnshire Sausages

Tons of Veggie Gravy

For desert it will be a selection of M&S Vanilla Cheesecake (I am yet to find a cheesecake that beats this one!) , Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake & Christmas Pudding

We also have various nuts / fruit / chocolates / mince pies and mini yule logs for as when when we feel like some - which is pretty often tbh - lol ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) xxx

Scorpius12 wrote:

We are having:

Quorn Roast

Roast Potatoes

Carrots

Sweetcorn

Peas

Honey Roasted Parsnips

Tons of Veggie Gravy

For desert it will be a selection of M&S Vanilla Cheesecake (I am yet to find a cheesecake that beats this one!) , Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake & Christmas Pudding

We also have various nuts / fruit / chocolates / mince pies and mini yule logs for as when when we feel like some - which is pretty often tbh - lol xxx

I'll have to get this one next time I want cheesecake, we normally get the waitrose vanilla new york style, but oddly iceland salted caramel is really really good. We love cheesecake here ^_^

I'll have to try those ones - we love cheesecake too ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) xx

Here we are having:

Homemade golden vegetable soup,
Orange juice,

Turkey
Cranberry stuffing,
Sage and onion stuffing,
Mushroom stuffing,
Chipolatas,
Mash,
Goose fat roasts,
Stir fried sprouts with bacon,
Gravy,
Cranberry sauce,
Bread sauce.

Strawberry trifle,
Christmas pudding tiffen (I make it to look like a Christmas pudding but its chocolate, digestives, Oreos, rolos, toffee crisp, caramac, munchies, cherries, sultanas with a white chocolate drizzle for the "icing"
Mince pies,
After Eights,
Thick cream,
Tip top skoosky cream.

Cranberry fizz (big dispenser of lemonade, cranberry juice, ice and cinnamon stick).

Phew!

Lady Ness - can we come to yours for pudding - salted caramel cheesecake sounds divine xxx

Lady s what is Kalette?

On my Christmas plate will be

Turkey
Stuffing
Roast parsnips
Roast potatoes
Carrots
Sprouts
Pigs in blankets.
Cranberry sauce.
Broccoli or cauliflower

And for pudding

Christmas pudding and elmlea cream.

I'm having a nut roast made for me as well but that will be for another day.

@bondagegod it's the spourts of kale that looks similar to brussels, tastes a little like them but less bitter. I believe. All I know is that I prefer it.

@lovingnewtoys not this time, but I make cheesecakes often or salted caramel related deserts, then sure, this time we got shop premade ^_^

Thank you lady ness at least I know now.

Now you're talking my language! Combination of both veggie and vegan options as we've both in this house, so...

Tofurkey Roast
Quorn Roast
Vegan pigs in blankets
Sprouts
Roasted carrots & parsnips in maple syrup
Carrot, swede & turnip mash
Roast potatos
Cauliflower cheese
Pink lady apple, leek & herb stuffing
Braised red cabbage
And all the condiments... cranberry sauce, bramley apple sauce, honey mustard, gravy.

All laid out as a buffet since there's no way that'd fit on any plate! 😝

Pork or turkey slices, roasts,pigs in blankets red cabbage and multi coloured sprouts for me, carrots Yorkshire pud, we don't do a massive dinner, then Belgium choc cake if wanted for pudding, chocs cheese, nibbles. Best bit for me is a seafood platter tomorrow night, I love seafood, so this is a luxury from hubby.

Scorpius12 wrote:

We are having:

Quorn Roast

Roast Potatoes

Carrots

Sweetcorn

Peas

Honey Roasted Parsnips

Tons of Veggie Gravy

We also have various nuts / fruit / chocolates / mince pies and mini yule logs for as when when we feel like some - which is pretty often tbh - lol xxx

I didn't know Quorn did roasts! Are they good?

And now I must try M&S' cheesecake to see how mine stacks against it :P

All of the food sound so yummy! I'm not making food this year and haven't been told what's on the menu - hoping it'll be just as good! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

@captainmeow they do a chicken style one, use to do a beef one too. Still personally recommend cooking them in a slow cooker to keep them moist, but they're good. They did publish a nut roast combi recipe recently, which next year I may try.

@sexsquid I find tofurkey a bit chewy how do you cook yours?

Dirty buggers with your sweetcorn! 😰😰😰
But yorkshires definitely have a place on my plate! We have:
Mash and roasties (this is what happens when there's a North/South divide in the household)
Carrots
Parsnips
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Cabbage
Sprouts for him
Red onion
Pigs in blankets
Chicken (there's only the two of us that eat it)
Stuffing for him - I get mine later 😂
And the puds and gravy 😍
Think that's everything... 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️