What's so desireable about rechargeable toys?

NatandTom wrote:

Dali256 wrote:

I never understand why they use N size batteries, so annoying.

Puts me off buying a toy if I see these batteries mentioned in the description!

+1

NatandTom wrote:

Dali256 wrote:

Me, too.

NatandTom wrote:

Dali256 wrote:

N size batteries aren't so off putting any more you can pick up N sizes in the pound shops i think i've seen A23 batteries too or i hope i have as i now have a toy that takes an A23

myghost wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

Dali256 wrote:

N size batteries aren't so off putting any more you can pick up N sizes in the pound shops i think i've seen A23 batteries too or i hope i have as i now have a toy that takes an A23

Whereas I have no qualms about buying my batteries at Lidl, I have much less confidence in the stuff I find at pound shops (assuming we mean the same thing... shops that sell basically anything as long as its cheap, probably buying up surplus stock that nobody else wants).

But I think I know why they use N size batteries: Because there's not enough space in the toy for AAA. At least that would have been true for the vibrating nipple clamps. But then I think that most toys could be made just a tiny bit longer to fit an AAA. Maybe they'll stop using N batteries when we stop buying the toys that need them....

Okay, I bought some rechargeable batteries (no charger yet, Lidl is messing up), fetched my digital caliper gauge and measured:

Rechargeable AAs are 14.24 mm x 50.17 mm, alcaline AAs 13.91 mm x 50.06 mm

Rechargeable AAAs are 10.33 mm x 44.06 mm, alcaline AAAs 10.22 mm x 44.06 mm (all Lidl own brand - Tronic and Aerocell)

So, rechargeable batteries are indeed very slightly bigger. In my toy collection that only is a problem in the Tracy Cox Supersex battery compartments (from the tulip clit vibe and butt plug) - there the rechargeable batteries simply don't fit (well, it might be possible to make them fit, but for the moment I don't feel like forcing the issue).

The rechargeable batteries go smoothly into the LH inflatable vibrating butt plug, LH bedtime 10 function controller and LH Oh beginner's rabbit - I don't see any reason not to use them. (Well, when I've bought a charger. And possibly a few more batteries.)

On the other hand, I'm not impressed by my very first recheargeable toy - the FSOG bullet vibe (France had the freebie last week)...

Lovebirds_x wrote:

You also shouldn't be using rechargeable batteries in battery powered sex toys as it can damage them. ...

When I was exploring the Fun Factory website yesterday I noticed that they expressly mention that their toys can be used with rechargeable 1.2 V batteries - I guess something's to be said for Made in Germany, after all...

(Incidentally, the only website where I found the in-toy battery technology mention was OVO's - originally German, too - they use Li-Ion batteries (the best ones, without memory effect).