What's your favourite thing about Halloween?

Not much but then lovehoney does have quite a nice range so my mind might be changed ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Not much but then lovehoney does have quite a nice range so my mind might be changed ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

'Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it'

1993princess wrote:

'Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it'

Exactly. That is why I like the costumes. Some people are so judgemental at other times.

Ragnar Lodbrok wrote:

My favorite Halloween experience has to be attending Whitby Goth Weekend. (Google it!!) You can get away with wearing almost any outfit throughout the weekend - as long as it’s legal (no nudity!!). It’s FUN! FUN! throughout the Halloween weekend!! 💀🎃👻🤡👀 The outfits you’ll see cross many styles including Goth, Steampunk, Nautical (pirates etc) and Crossdressers to name just a few. It’s a great opportunity for all ages and backgrounds to promenade around the town in in their finery. Bus trips are organized for day trippers to witness the spectical. The town and its inhabitants have embraced the influx of +1000s visitors to the event. There is never any trouble and visitors and locals love to get involved. Visiting the town’s pubs and clubs during nighttime is a memorable experience! You’ll find attendees wearing a wide range of clothing styles including fetish-themed attire such as skin-tight latex clothing and lingerie (basques are especially popular). You’ll find lots of photographs of past events on the Whitby Goth Weekend website. Events are held twice a year (mid April and Halloween), the latter being the bigger and IMO the better of the two.

Ragnar, can I pick your brains about this (in a zombie-type fashion, obviously)? Is the event suitable for children? It sounds great. We have been to Whitby before, husband will be happy with the pie and mash shop, I might get to wear some of my outfits out of the house, I would love to see the costumes, and we are trying to get mini-Gosig to embrace Halloween as it is near her birthday. What do you think, family-friendly or not? Many thanks.

Gosig wrote:

Is the event suitable for children? It sounds great.

I googled it. 🙂 The website says that it is family friendly (though Ragnar, or someone else that's been, can confirm from an experienced perspective).

Kids have been among regular WGW® goers for years and we like to think of ourselves as a family event.

Thanks Ragnar for the info, that is super helpful. Best wishes.

We are Pagans and Samhain, as we Pagans call it, is the start of our New Year. We always have an outside ritual with bonfire, mead, food and lots of good company. It's the time to wear our cloaks and historical re-enactment clothing, but we don't dress up as horror movie characters.

I get to eat all the sweets that are left when the children have finished knocking the door for the evening.