When did you start shaving pubes?

Shaving my pubes was one of the best things I have done sexually as I am much more aware of my area down there without my bush. I started shaving when I was quite young and only had pubes for a year before I shaved them off which I find much more comfortable. From looking around at the gym and swim changing room it seems very few ladies and girls have any pubes now and no boyfriend has every seen me with any! Just wondering when everyone else started to shave?

I like pubes. I do trim to neaten up my own a bit as my little chap can get a bit lost in the all that thatching (and those straggly ball hairs are of no use to anyone), but shaving it all off is too extreme for me.

I also find pubes on a lady more attractive than none at all. Sometimes they can get a bit out of hand, but in the main natural is preferable to sculpted.

When we started to tour naturist sites on the continent, after getting a camper-van. We went through a phase of removing all body hair (apart from on the head). We started swinging not long after so kept our pubes shaved throughout the winter too.

However, we're both growing back our pubes, not fully but keeping them trimmed, just for a change. From what we see in clubs, the fashion in the swinging world seems to be to have hair 'down there'. Younger women were inevitably hairless but not so much these days.

Oscar Wilde said "fashion is such an intolerable thing that we must change it every six months" and we'll probably all soon be back to full bushes like the 80s!

Probably a couple of years after they started growing. I think I shaved the first time cause I was going on holiday and my mother mentioned doing her bikini line and I decided to do mine too. It was the first time I really took notice of them and was like well I can’t walk about like this in public 😂

I think I trimmed from [life starts at 18] and then went completely bare at about 18. Never had anyone see a bush down there, only freshly shaven or a few days post-shave max.

I started to trim my pubes to match my chest hair when I was about 20. From about 41 I shave my pits and balls. I much prefer it, I also clipper my chest hair even shorter than before. For about the last 4 months I have been trimming down my leg hair too. I want to shave my legs but my OH says she doesn't want me to. I keep asking her if I can because I think it will look better with my shaved balls plus it will look better when I'm wearing knickers.

Started quite young just didnt like pubes, sadly had a silly incident involving veet ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif)but from then on learnt how to get it smooth loved it since

After being shaved quickly for an emergency c-section at 18. So 19 years ago. Liked the feel and look so continued to shave. I mostly just trim these days due to having diabetes... ingrown hairs take forever to heal and can become so sore.

I found that I got my pleasure around my genitals when they were shaved. I did it first in my early twenties, just to see what it was like, and really enjoyed it!

It's a bit uncomfortable when it grows back, sometimes!

Actually got my introduction to shaving my balls in 87' when I had my vasectomy . Have continued to trim real short since then and shaving for summer or upcoming sexual occation . Started sugar waxing about a year ago and do not think I will go back to shaving . To us , the look and feel are just so good , it is worth the work . Plus shaving requires it be done often , sugar waxing lasts for weeks .

I began tidying up when I was around [life begins at 18], much later than most of the ladies I'm friends with seemed to start a little sooner. I was a late bloomer sexually in comparison (but way made up for it since!)

I began shaving about a year after they first grew in and usually kept them always shaved off, now I shave about once a week max sometimes longer. I do like none down there but if I shave too much I start getting a rash so I just leave it until it actually needs doing. I actually prefer it with a little there it’s less itchy but it’s so much easier to just shave it all off so that’s what I do rather than just trim it.

18/20 in the mid 80's when Top Man were selling tiny g strings for guys that I bought!

Around when I was 18 and getting sexually active.

I think I was around [life begins at 18]? Did it for a GF who did hers too.

About 18 I started shaving off some until someone made a nasty comment behind my back, and since then I've been completely bare if I'm sexually active. I do it because it seems to be expected of women. If it wasn't, I wouldn't.

If I'm not sexually active, I only shave if I'm going swimming.

I realise I shouldn't do it for the benefit of others, but I've been made to feel ashamed of it before and I don't really want to feel like that again.

Hi everyone

Please remember that at Lovehoney, life begins at 18.

You can find a reminder of the forum rules here.

Thanks

Starting shaving mine in early 80s.For some reason at the time I just fancied doing it.M started shaving hers after some years of marriage.These days I keep mine fairly smooth although now and again I let it grow back but keep it trimmed.M keeps hers trimmed but only shaves very occasionally.

Probably since I was a teenager. But now I just trim it and keep it short instead of shaving it all off or making shapes with it. I don't like it when it's starting to grow back all stubbly. Not to mention, my partner prefers hair down there.