When do you find time to use sex toys?

I just got my first sex toys but still live with parents and cannot seem to find any time to relax and try them out. If it's not my mother wondering where I am it's my sister barging in my room. I may be OK with my dildo late at night but am thinking my vibrator may not be quiet enough. When do others get the chance to use toys alone?

Ah, I have the opposite problem, as the parent who wants to use toys when the child isn’t around!

What about investing in one of those super-quiet vibes? As you said, difficult to relax properly if you are constantly worried about being ambushed. Doesn’t remove that threat, I know, but hopefully would make your enjoyment more covert.

I agree with Gosig- on both parts! I too am the parent trying to play without children barging in or being woken. Then again we also live with my parents so trying to keep things covert from them is also tricky 🙈 Super quiet vibrators are my go-to or maybe playing some music/watching a film in the background so the noise is muffled?

Usually at night when people are asleep or watching TV or something. Most of the people in my household are a bit hard of hearing as it is and I keep my noisy fan heater humming away in my room to disguise any vibe noises.

Sometimes I'll do it in the day or morning if I feel like it but of course it's a little riskier as people are up and roaming about the house so they could knock on my door at any moment to ask for something (which they have done to my frustration).

The trickiest part for me is not the masturbation but the cleaning afterwards. I have to sneak into the bathroom, wash my toys and sneak back into my room with a hand full of phalluses and I've nearly been caught a few times! If I see someone coming, I'll quickly hold it against the side of my leg so it's out of view. I can't wait until I get my own place so I don't have to worry about anything.

Do you have a lock on your door or do yo have to share the room with your sister? It would drive me mad not to have my own "private time".

I really sympathise, I’m quite lucky, we both have separate houses.

I have just moved out of my folks house but can share my tips with you:

- Put a fan on or play some music or a film to cover the noise

- Use a quieter vibe

- Covers are your friend, get down to business under them and the noise is significantly reduced

- Wait til they're out or asleep before starting

- Put something against your door/use a door wedge to give you a bit more time if they do decide to come in

Happy vibing!

Ditto as parents of teenagers in the house.

For us, its mostly weekend mornings, before they rise. Our bedroom is on the opposite side of a hallway from the teens bedrooms so none are directly up against ours, but we are still conscious of noises.

Ever since my son opened the door a bit quickly a year or 2 ago (before we were into toys) he now knows door closed at weekends means don't come in!

We have a wedge that I put under the door just in case now so as to give us a moment or 2 to put away anything that may shock them.

A lock or wedge or something like that on your door should suffice, but equally a quiet word with your mother about your privacy may not go astray. Don't forget, they are sexually active too and I'm sure they appreciate the respect of a closed door. As for your sister, thats a bit trickier if she is young but at least the lock / wedge will slow her down.

What about buying waterproof toys and using them in the shower or bath?

In order to avoid the suspicions of my young twenties daughter I announce, "I'm going for a long, long shower." You could also invest in an electric shaver which mimics a buzzing vibe and make sure they know you have the best trimmed leg and underarm hair in the household; actually using the shaver is optional. A door wedge and full laundry basket are also very useful.

Oh the joys of not having children, we use toys together and can leave all the doors open and not worry about too loud buzzing sounds

We have a similar problem but ours is with having a 5 year old and a 5 month old. Really difficult to find any time to be able to use our toys especially when we have new ones to try out.

Have you tried other inconspicuous objects? You can but different masturbation heads for an electric toothbrush perhaps, lock the door and get in the shower. Failing this time to book a couple of hours off work each week!

My top tip is to take your toy in the shower / bath with you.

If your toy is waterproof you can enjoy it while you're in the tub, but if it isn't, you can still take advantage of the fact you're in a room with a lock, and expected to be in there a while.

Plus, if you run a tap / have the shower running while you play, the sound of running water nicely disguises the sound of a vibrator.

Just got a Fleshlight but share a room it’s to noisy so need to wait to brothers sleeping or use the shower. Annoying

sammy-jo wrote:

I just got my first sex toys but still live with parents and cannot seem to find any time to relax and try them out. If it's not my mother wondering where I am it's my sister barging in my room. I may be OK with my dildo late at night but am thinking my vibrator may not be quiet enough. When do others get the chance to use toys alone?

New bedroom handle with a "bathroom lock" so you can lock from inside your room? Bathroom a good option as the fan may drown out any noise if there's one but be careful using in the bath, that the water and bath itself does not act as a sound board(like a speaker) so everyone can hear?

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

sammy-jo wrote:

New bedroom handle with a "bathroom lock" so you can lock from inside your room? Bathroom a good option as the fan may drown out any noise if there's one but be careful using in the bath, that the water and bath itself does not act as a sound board(like a speaker) so everyone can hear?

I sooo feel like that when I have my vibrating butt plug in, I feel like my body is amplifing the sound. Hold it in your hand and its pretty quiet, leave it on the bed, walk out the room and close the door, nothing. Put it in my butt and BUZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Usually at night, my hubby and I live on our own in a detached house. We're lucky to use them whenever we want really. Still have to be aware of making too much noise in the cul-de-sac though, it is very quiet!!

I like to use them before bed, after a nice shower to de-stess from the day! x 😉

I am lucky enough to work from home most days, so now that both of our children are in primary school, I am able to have a little 'me time' during the day. Mr L doesn't enjoy sex toys for solo play but we both enjoy using toys during most sex sessions in the evenings when the kids are in bed. Luckily both of our two are heavy sleepers so we can enjoy time to ourselves most of the time.

We usually have late night sessions with toys as usually everyone in the household is asleep, to keep wands and vibes quiet we like to just use the covers to silence the noise. When it comes to solo toy play we both usually go to the bathroom ☺️. I know it’s frustrating when people come in and out of the room but maybe just say you need some privacy and maybe get a lock or something? You should be allowed a bit of privacy without people being offended ☺️. Just pull them aside and just say you want them to knock at least or maybe just say your off to go and watch something in your room and close the door so people kind of get the point you want to be alone.