When to use a douche?

We are new to anal play. How long before sex can you use a douche? Can it be before we go out for dinner or maybe even just an hour before?

Use it when you like really but probably most effective between 30 mins and 2 hours before "activity", probably wouldn't wanna eat a big meal between douche and activity though.
Also, if you're going out, make sure you have evacuated all the water...

Hiya juliee :)

We usually use ours an hour or so before as *ew* you're never as clean as you think and it takes a little time for the water to run clear. Make sure you use lube though coz things can get a little uncomfy if you don't. I find using cooler water lets you know when there's enough in there too.

Thats a good idea about the temp. I asked the question because I had noticed a little leakages after and its made me wonder if my timing and thoroughness was ok. Now I know it's not me;-)

I've heard that it's risky to do anal play right after cleaning, and you should wait a little while, so I agree with the other posts!

Im so glad this has been asked on here as I have wondered the same thing myself and dont know why I never just asked on here before!

One thing I have learnt from many many douching disasters is that I was doing something worng.

dont push the nozzle right in. Just insert the tip and then squeeze the water into you.

If you insert the nozzle right in, you then start squirting the water into your colon aswell which then triggers of further and further bowel movements which just gets messy and if youre like me you end up with a poorly stomach and no chance of anything that night!

By inserting just the tip, the water then only enters into the rectum which is the area you want to clean out. You can then expel easily and no problems!

This obviously is a basic clean out which is great for regular anal play. If you want more extreme like very long insertions etc then you probably need more than douching (but I am no expert on this!)

I second everything Jenson said. You can vary the depth of clean very easily, at the start I kept wondering why it took my 7-8 full douches to have the water run clear but it was because I was clearing out my entire colon.

Also, leaving a bit of time for the water to settle to avoid leakages is a good idea. Generally I just go on the feeling of when I feel all the water has passed, which might be about 20-30 mins.

Also note that it's not entirely essential to douche - another LH user pointed out that if you've cleared your bowel a while ago (2-3 hours maybe) and haven't eaten anything inbetween then your can just go at it without any cleaning. I find that the sensation is improved by doing this, but it does also require a bit of luck/planning for when the play is to occur. I can also only recommend not cleaning for reasonably short play because I've found the repeated stimulation can trigger bowel movements, which can get messy.

I'd just say try different times of douching and eating and see what you feel most comfortable with. I wish you all the best in your endeavours. ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I prefer the water at body temp, if it's any colder you will feel it down the back of your legs, anything from uncomfortable to painfull.

Thank you everyone for all your tips. It's one of those things that you don't feel you can ask someone face to face;-). I used the douche last night and then just left a pause before my shower and "getting ready". This calmed me down and made the whole process less stressful.
I had thought that probably not inserting the whole wand seemed to work better. So thank you for confirming that. . I also find getting the angle right difficult so tend to change my aim a bit too. I suppose I will get more confident the more I practice.

Glad it went well!

That's great, juliee. Pleased to hear you're figuring it out :)