When to write a review?

How many days after you've used your sex toy(s) should you write a review? I usually wait a while but is 3 days the minium or just whenever you feel like you should write one?

I write mine as soon as I think I've given the toy fair trial, tried out all the modes etc x

When I feel like I have had enough experience to write an informative review. No real time scale, sometimes a few days, other times a few weeks. I only work part time so I am able to road test items thoroughly in a shorter space of time than most, depending on my circumstances and the product itself.

As long as I have enough information to do a detailed review that's helpful to others then any time is fine by me :)

It can be anything from a couple of days too a few weeks, depending on the product. I've dived in posting a product review to soon, as a couple of times I've changed my opinion. I've learned now that some items are easy to review pretty much instantly, others take longer.
As Boo said, it's important to give as much details about the product so folk can see what the product page doesn't mention good or bad. :-)

I've just written a fairly long review regarding this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30574 I've had it a few weeks so the review was way overdue lol

My next review is for the We-Vibe Touch which I honestly already love but I only recevied it today so I'll just wait a few more days.

I agree with everyone else here, but I will add that there are a few toys I've had and used for more than a year before I posted a review. Either because I used it rarely, or because I just wanted to try out all the functions, try it with/without partner with multiple functions etc.

It's really just as Boogaloo says. As soon as you have enough experience with it to write an informative (and informed!) review =)

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

I agree with everyone else here, but I will add that there are a few toys I've had and used for more than a year before I posted a review. Either because I used it rarely, or because I just wanted to try out all the functions, try it with/without partner with multiple functions etc.

It's really just as Boogaloo says. As soon as you have enough experience with it to write an informative (and informed!) review =)

Yeah I have that Tracey Cox glass dildo set and I've had it for about a month or two now and I just haven't used it enough to make a judgement on it yet

That is really up to you. When you receive a tester, you should make sure you get to know it well enough quite soon - to be able to write an honest, detailed review within one month (or, with some forum testers, in a couple of weeks). When it comes to your purchases, you can take your time should you feel the toy is a tricky one to review (for instance, it took me ages to try out my Mystim Truman thoroughly enough to describe it properly). And obviously, if you are busy with work/uni issues or have too much worrying, wriggly and depressing stuff on your plate, it make take you a long time to review something.

I don't have a timescale, I write them whenever unless I've been sent them for review either on my blog or from Lovehoney - I usually do the Lovehoney ones within two weeks max and I have a queue up for my blog. I try not to review things too quickly because I've done that before and then an issue's cropped up shortly after - having said that, though, I've had some things for so long that I've forgotten what wowed me about them initially.

Depends on the item. Some can do after 3 days you only need to use them once or twice and you can do a review. Other items. Like dildos or toys that take batteries take a little longer to test out by using dildos in different positions or solo use or strap on play. Toys with batteries if they still work the same and as powerful the first time you use them And still after a lot of you use. When you feel you got enough information to do a detailed review.

toys i like to do as soon as possible, usually within the first week, lingerie i like to wait until i actually wear it out somewhere so it ussually takes a couple of weeks

try to write review as soon as I think I know the toy. This could range from 3-5 tries with toys depending on what it is .as far I know on here there no time limit for review fort the things you bought so take your time and get to know it .Testers they ask within a month or shorter for secret

try to write review as soon as I think I know the toy. This could range from 3-5 tries with toys depending on what it is .as far I know on here there no time limit for review fort the things you bought so take your time and get to know it .Testers they ask within a month or shorter for secret

I have no set timescale. Sometimes I don't get to use the toy for a while either which then takes a bit longer. Testers I always try to do within 2-3 weeks, (unless a shorter timescale is required in which case it becomes top top priority!) I like to make sure sure I've tried everything at least twice, more if i feel necessary to get a good judgment on something before I write about it.

I like to take my time before writing a review to make sure I have everything down :) xx

It depends how soon I can use it, if it's lingerie or a couples item I wait until I see my boyfriend. I try and submit them as soon as possible after i've properly tested the item

I just submitted a review for the We-Vibe Touch even though I only got it yesterday but I've used it 4 times already so I feel like I didn't need to wait lol

Young and fun95 wrote:

toys i like to do as soon as possible, usually within the first week, lingerie i like to wait until i actually wear it out somewhere so it ussually takes a couple of weeks

Weirdly enough Im the opposite. Lingerie reviews I can do like a day or two after having (though I make sure I have my partners view before submitting) but toys I like to use a few times/have enough orgasms before I submit