When you return items...

With a storage bag, do you return the bag with it?

I'm just wondering. I assume the toy would be checked, especially if returned as faulty. I also assume (after watching the telly series) that the toy is either binned or returned to the manufacturer.

I've always returned the bags with toys but if these are binned (as I don't think anyone else would want/use them due to sanitary reasons), what a waste!

The cables could be kept as spares as these don't generally get body fluids on them, but can be sanitised easily anyway. The packaging mostly recycled.

I know from experience that Lovehoney will ALWAYS try to help out and if there's a cable they don't sell maybe they could send a used one out. I would happily accept one of these returns if I was in a bind, plus it won't be going to landfill. I'd also be happy to pay for one of these.

But the bags... it bothers me that they'd just be thrown out. Yes, they could be washed but I don't think there's a market for used toy bags.

I'm just about to return a toy and wondered whether it would be cheeky or just sensible to keep the bag.

What do you all think?

Argos let me keep some spare parts from a couple of returns as they were faulty and just going in the tip once I'd sent them back. I did ask first though. 🙂

Speak to customer service

I would ask on Live Chat. I get it - if a faulty toy is returned, it goes in the bin. If a toy which doesn't suit and is swapped for another, the first still probably goes in the bin unless all the seals are intact. So why not salvage what you can? I would still ask, though. Maybe individually for each item, rather than as a general rule?

P.S. which telly series??? Curious...

Also curious about what you are returning, as I seem to have returned quite a lot recently - mainly because I have bought so much that I'm using the Toy Happiness Promise if things don't work for me, and lingerie is always difficult to buy online. I've just return today a lace bralet set which was lovely except that the description said it came with shaping pads and it didn't - it was just a loop of lace. Very pretty and OH like it, but I wanted the shape. Oh well... I keep more than I return!

I think this is the second time I've used it - first was for a Fifty Shades suction toy. I wasn't 100% sure if it was actually working or if it just wouldn't work for me. It worked when I tested it on my hand (you know what it's like when a new toy arrives, can't wait for it to fully charge!), didn't work when I used it and didn't work when I tried it on my hand again. Odd.

This time I'm truly and absolutely gutted. I've wanted a We-Vibe Nova for years but other things had come on offer plus my track record with rabbits hasn't been great - only the Mantric rabbit, a Denia no longer made and a Swan thruster have ever really rung my bell - so I waited for it to come on offer after thinking long and hard about it.

The Vibes are amazing, as strong as my favourite Tango but wrapped in silicone so dampened a tiny amount. I also have a We-Vibe Touch that works as well as my Tango but takes a bit more effort as it isn't so pinpoint, so I KNOW it isn't the vibes or frequency.

It looks and feels amazing (both inside and out), the shape fits me perfectly and the clitoral arm touches the right spot but it just doesn't make me orgasm either clitorally or vaginally. We both loved the app as OH works away a lot and the app worked great over long distance.

It's obviously me and I'm really annoyed with myself as I bloody love that toy!

Hi MsR and everyone else on this thread.

I've emailed the Team with my query and let you know what they say. I had to let them know I was later than anticipated returning as I'm at the mercy of my neighbour trotting me down to the PO anyway.

It'll be interesting to know if they keep spares - I don't know if anyone remembers my thread about my OH's mother throwing my charger, but Brenna and the Lovehoney team tried their very best to find a lead for me so maybe if they don't do it already, they can keep spare leads in a small part of their warehouse to help people like me who have missing or broken leads - especially the unique ones like the magnetic charging leads.

I'm sure anyone here wouldn't mind a second-hand, sanitised lead if they were stuck for one.

That's an interesting question actually - how many here would find that acceptable? Let me know!

MsR again - there was a show on the box quite a while ago that showed the inside workings of Lovehoney. It was very interesting, I think a load of us here enjoyed it. Maybe Mr Chimp would be able to find info on it? I can't remember the name so have had no luck looking for it on Catchup but it must be out there somewhere.

The three main shows are, 'More Sex Please, We're British' (2012), 'Frisky Business' (2014), and 'The Joy of Sex Toys' (2016). There's also often a little section on Lovehoney in lots of other sex/sex toy shows too (like 'Inside the Sex Toy Factory').

I caught most of Frisky Business and The Joy of Sex Toys recently on Lifetime (Sky 164). They'd merged them together and called both series 'The Joy of Sex Toys', but I think the programme itself was the same.

Thanks - I found some of the details through a quick google, but haven't found anywhere still screening them (haven't got Sky). Interesting!

My Mantric bullet broke this morning - the end which lights up snapped off, exposing the coloured bulb. I emailed Lovehoney with a photo and they are sending another out but just said to put the broken one in our recycling - so I'm keeping the charging lead as VR suggested. No bag, though - something I think Mantric should include. Excellent service from Lovehoney as always.

Ian Chimp wrote:

I caught most of Frisky Business and The Joy of Sex Toys recently on Lifetime (Sky 164). They'd merged them together and called both series 'The Joy of Sex Toys', but I think the programme itself was the same.

Thought I'd better check, and Lifetime is actually channel 187 now.

The Inside the Sex Toy Factory show is a channel 5 one, so (I think) it's available on My5? The innuendo is a bit strained, but you do get to have a look at the people who make the Doxy (as well as a few others). I could be wrong, but I think you see them design/make these new butt plugs.

Ribbed https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=44172

Smooth https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=44171

There's also a lady who makes handcrafted ceramic dildos. 👍

Thanks again, Mr Chimp. I'm going to have a look to see if I can tape a few of them (though OH's planner is choc full for when he gets time off and I wouldn't really want to tape it on the one my daughter uses).

Oh my! That smooth plug looks amazing - a work of art, like most of the glass/metal toys, but some are just truly swoonworthy.

I had a reply from the wonderful Customer Service and as you all suggested I should do and it all depends on the circumstances.

So, when in doubt, get in touch with them first.

Ah, MsR. Your poor bullet! What on earth have you been doing with him?! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif) The moral of the story here is to keep a spare of the toy you absolutely can't do without (in my case the Tango). Was Mr Mantric a fave or will you manage without him for a few days?

Typically, none of my Tangos have died yet. I have a very old pale blue one and one that came in a set I was given years ago. They're both on their last legs battery-wise but still have enough life in them to do the job at least once. I dropped my pink one which then would develop a little rattle if used at a certain angle (I move it if it starts and it stops). It still works perfectly other than than but panicked, I ordered a replacement... just in case the worst happened! They're all stashed around the house to deal with sudden urges ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

VR wrote:

Ah, MsR. Your poor bullet! What on earth have you been doing with him?! The moral of the story here is to keep a spare of the toy you absolutely can't do without (in my case the Tango). Was Mr Mantric a fave or will you manage without him for a few days?

Ha! I've done nothing with Mr Mantric Bullet that he wouldn't expect... In fact, he was my spare floosie - ready to hand in case MrR decided the time was right. So I have another which is kept in a case with other Mantric toys.

I'm a bit embarassed - I bought this spare Mantric on offer and it broke so quickly that Lovehoney offered to replace it. All fine. But they are out of stock and have offered a Desire bullet instead. Swoon! Desire is my fave and I won't mention the price difference in case they realise and change their minds... shh!

Very grateful for an excellent service.

My Tango (I only have one) rattles sometimes - I don't think it is to do with dropping it. Just a matter of getting the right angle...

And yes - emergency bullets stashed around the place - totally get it. Put a minature of your favourite tipple alongside ;-)

Ahhh... tipples. Those were the days. I don't drink any more as I take to many meds that freak me out if I have some. If I know I'm going somewhere for a treat I "forget" to take my tabs that day ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Great result with the Desire - now THIS is why I don't buy elsewhere. Fantabulous customer service.

The little bag with the Desire bullet is my fave. I wish I got on with the bullet itself - it's stronger than the Tango (on me), but the frequency doesn't do it for me. I WISH I loved it as it's a fab bullet with fab packaging and I'd DEFINITELY have a spare of that!

I put in a request on the Pander thread that Lovehoney sells the little zip up bags but nowt yet. Fingers crossed, though.

So yours rattles, too? I'd heard of this online but people have tended to only notice it after they'd dropped them. I'll try my spare tonight. Come to think of it I haven't dropped my oldies and they have it, too.

Hope your Desire arrives at the speed of light. I'm sure you'll love it so much you'll want a spare Mr Desire, too ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

The zip bag which comes with the Desire bullet is great - enough space for a glass dildo and slimline lube alongside to keep by the bed or to take on holiday. Should arrive just in time for our xmas break!

VR wrote:

Hope your Desire arrives at the speed of light. I'm sure you'll love it so much you'll want a spare Mr Desire, too

It arrived today but no one was in so I'll have to go and pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow.

This will - ahem - be my 3rd Desire bullet. I have one in the bedside drawer, one in my Desire range toy box and now one for my handbag!

MsR wrote:

VR wrote:

Hope your Desire arrives at the speed of light. I'm sure you'll love it so much you'll want a spare Mr Desire, too

It arrived today but no one was in so I'll have to go and pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow.

This will - ahem - be my 3rd Desire bullet. I have one in the bedside drawer, one in my Desire range toy box and now one for my handbag!

I have a mental image of you putting your bag down on the supermarket conveyor and it jumps to life bumping you bag down to the end - no idea why that just popped into my head. I'm odd.

I'm so lucky as OH's house has a porch. Mr Postie is great and leaves them behind he door for me. We did have a few packages stolen so OH put a security light and camera up. No theft since. Luckily for me no Lovehoney parcels have ever gone missing!

Having to go to sorting office the next day would have me steaming. Apart from ours being closed so we now have to travel 20 minutes to the nearest one, they're only open limited hours.

Hope you manage to get there to pick it up. You might have spares but there's nothing like a shiny new toy ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

VR wrote:

MsR wrote:

VR wrote:

I have a mental image of you putting your bag down on the supermarket conveyor and it jumps to life bumping you bag down to the end - no idea why that just popped into my head. I'm odd.

I'm so lucky as OH's house has a porch. Mr Postie is great and leaves them behind he door for me. We did have a few packages stolen so OH put a security light and camera up. No theft since. Luckily for me no Lovehoney parcels have ever gone missing!

Having to go to sorting office the next day would have me steaming. Apart from ours being closed so we now have to travel 20 minutes to the nearest one, they're only open limited hours.

Hope you manage to get there to pick it up. You might have spares but there's nothing like a shiny new toy

I have all sorts of ideas ready for this toy, as I did for the mantric it is replacing. They don't involve a supermarket but a bullet is one toy my OH is ok with and we have an xmas holiday booked...

It is very annoying when parcels go back to the sorting office. I tend to be at home, and take in loads for neighbours - there must have been someone around to take mine? Hey ho. The Desire bullet is my favourite and it comes with a nice bag to hold some sort of dildo and lube too :-)

So it will have a welcome home (and holiday). And yes, agree about shiny new toys!

MsR wrote:

The Desire bullet is my favourite and it comes with a nice bag to hold some sort of dildo and lube too :-)

Have they changed the size of the storage pouch? I can only fit the bullet and lead in mine. I could maybe squeeze in a sachet of brown sauce alongside, but I don't know how I'd fit a dildo in there?

Ian Chimp wrote:

MsR wrote:

The Desire bullet is my favourite and it comes with a nice bag to hold some sort of dildo and lube too :-)

Have they changed the size of the storage pouch? I can only fit the bullet and lead in mine. I could maybe squeeze in a sachet of brown sauce alongside, but I don't know how I'd fit a dildo in there?

No - my mistake, just checked. The bullet comes in a small zipped wallet which might just about fit a sachet of lube too. The bag I'm thinking of came with my Desire Weighted Dildo - it is the same design but larger and so that one does fit a bullet and a 60ml tube of Sliquid as well as the dildo. Still a handy size.

VR - it would be great if they sold these zip wallets separately - they are very handy.

I have the Tango, Mantric and Tracey Cox Soft bullets in mine. I wouldn't like to try closing the zip but it stops them rolling off the bedside table at the wrong moment ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Lovely little bag, though. I'd love a few for travel. One for a bullet and a small bottle of lube - my old 50ml Liquid Silk fits but I don't think the 100ml ones do - one for another bullet and leads.

I wonder if Lovehoney would do a "weekend away" pack with this little bag and a small lube or variety sachet pack?