Where's secret squirrel tester? :(

Been coming in every day for last week or two to try grab a freebie but noticed there hasn't been many, what's going on?

Please say the squirrels are fine!

Secret testers, in fact any sort of testers are a true privilidge and not a right. There are not always secret squirrel testers, and given how busy HQ is with the Black Friday event, I would have thought any secret testers will have to wait untill after the event finishes.

there were a couple last week and this week. christmas is approaching so of course things will be busy.

1 Like

+1 to Fun Louise.

Testers aren't given so you can "grab a freebie" - they are so Lovehoney can decide whether to stock products and help other people decide whether to purchase it or not. If you're in it just to get something for free, you're in it for the wrong reasons!

NatandTom wrote:

+1 to Fun Louise.

Testers aren't given so you can "grab a freebie" - they are so Lovehoney can decide whether to stock products and help other people decide whether to purchase it or not. If you're in it just to get something for free, you're in it for the wrong reasons!

NatandTom wrote:

+1 to Fun Louise.

Fun Louise mrs Maddock me wrote Agree with both comments I have been lucky enough to be chosen in the past and present it's not a right to have free items lovehoney send them out for good honest reviews and feedback I had purchased a variety of items and wrote reviews for each item I have had testers and wrote honest reviews its pot luck I have also had testers where I have gone on to purchase more from a certain range so it's not just about free items give good honest reviews and wait and see if you are lucky to be chosen like all of us do its a perk not a given that your chosen The black Friday events have been amazing she says awaiting my next parcel πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

Think mobile πŸ“± is playing up I wrote Agree with both comments not fun Louise.... Oh the joys of the tech world lol

TheGoldenBalls wrote:

Been coming in every day for last week or two to try grab a freebie but noticed there hasn't been many, what's going on?

Please say the squirrels are fine!

Perhaps it was just a bad choice of words "grab a freebie".

Must admit when I read this I actually took it just to mean that as they hadn't seen any tester posts recently they were just concerned for, and checking in on, our almighty Squirrel Leader :)

NatandTom wrote:

+1 to Fun Louise.

+1

This post makes me really sad :(Β 

This is exactly why I send secret emails to people that I feel want to feedback rather than grabbing any 'freebie' that is posted on this forum!

I find suited people to the paticular item(s) And let's be honest there are still posts poppin up & the tester list too! This posts shows me I was right to change the process.Β 

Thank you for all the comments understanding the review process.Β 

I was waiting to see what you would reply Leanne. Very well said. It does feel frustrating when you see posts like this regarding testing.

bondagegod wrote:

I was waiting to see what you would reply Leanne. Very well said. It does feel frustrating when you see posts like this regarding testing.

+1

I think a lot of forum members fail to appreciate being chosen to test and review a product either from the sex toy tester list or as a secret squirrel is a privilege not a right as Leanne has said every effort is made to match the best person to the available item so some people will always miss out but surely that is just how it goes.

bondagegod wrote:

+1 well said Leanne X

I felt terrible the other day for not leaving a particularly positive review on a secret squirrel item. I just wanted to say I'm sorry as I do see it as a privilege to test things out. I always consider if it is suited to me too before putting my name forward.

I didn't know whether to email to give my apologies but I'm sure you're busy with lots of emails so you might just see it here when you get the time 😊😘

Scared of putting my name forward now 😐

When you were a kid and hear 'right that's it you've spoilt it for everyone, no more now'. This post kind of triggers that type of actionπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

I felt terrible the other day for not leaving a particularly positive review on a secret squirrel item. I just wanted to say I'm sorry as I do see it as a privilege to test things out. I always consider if it is suited to me too before putting my name forward.

That is exactly what we want though , honest reviews . Positive or Negative it all helps us grow. 

Please do only put forward for something you feel you are truly able to review is all I ask 

That's what secret testing is all about though..can't give a raving review just because you got it for free... it's for LH to see in first person view if it'll be a hit or not, good points and flaws and what you think can be improved, etc.

It's a shame this post came up it shows secret testing is somewhat taken for granted. But I for one however am so pleased to have reviewed secretly in the past and it's such a privilege.

Shame this thread has popped up, the actual truthful reviews is why I use Lovehoney and I bet it's the same for everyone else who uses this site, I know every personal uses different toys for different scenarios but having a truthful review really does help me with my purchases, as some toys are not cheap I think it's amazing to have someone say it was good for this but I didn't like it for that, I can't stand the thought of an expensive toy just being wasted.

I think the Lovehoney testers idea really make us customers feel heard and appreciated and like everyone has said previously privileged to be chosen.

It is a shame SP, as I have tried be very transparent regarding the whole procedure.Β 

I would also hate to think people are giving 'raving' reviews to simply get 'free items'. We put a lot of trust into the feedback we recieve and sometimes it is the decider between stocking an item or not.Β 

This is exaclty why I like dealing with selecting testers via email now, so everyone is fully aware of the procedure, item details, deadlines, expectations and how it helps us as a business decide what is worth our time.

I am really quite sad about some recent comments and this thread. But I am sure this new approach is working out for many. I know it is makes my life easier and many of you are receiving items that are of interest to you. We are always learning and growing. So I will take all these recent comments on board and any feedback to help grow this role to make sure as many of us are happy as can be...Β 

Can't please everyone unfortunately.

Personally love the secret email testing, makes it even the more hush hush!

Keep up the good work Leanne