Which paddle or whip?

Hi all, me and the OH have been looking at paddles and whips, just wanted some advice which would suit our needs best, the OH wants one that gives a bit of pain, makes a good noise but leaves minimal marks, half her problem with the thought of me weilding it is i'm a bit heavy handed, this I must admit is true! So any sudgestions would be cool, Cheers

anything that causes pain will leave a mark
I have both, and the paddle is the best for noise, and feel, and the marks are all part of the fun. sadly I didn't think any of the ones on lh were what I was after so bought from an alternative, happy to recommend off interested

My OH and I love the FSOG whip. It's beautifully made and does exactly what you are looking for!

I think my paddle makes a great noise but didn't get the feeling I wanted from it so my OH used the handle on me but I gave up using it was boring me lol. my crop is my favourite the feeling is exactly what I want and the sound it makes swinging through the air before he strikes me is amazing
I do have a long wooden ruler that does sound good and looks good but doesn't feel that amazing on my skin.

Hi Yes Man,

A bit of advice from my Husband on this one...

“A couple of things to remember:-

You are putting her trust in your hands; and trust can be lost far more quickly than gained. It's better to start off gently and build things up slowly, than to over do things on the first go. Even if your OH likes the pain element, it has to be a balanced with pleasure.

Practice on yourself to test how things feel. Remember to constantly check your partner, and have a safe word. Add in gentle caresses to keep the pleasure nerves firing! Vary strokes between firm and soft, and different areas.

Remember, only certain areas of the body are suitable for firmer play – so stick to her backside or backs of thighs for stronger strokes.

I would suggest starting off with a larger paddle, which makes a lot of noise, but is less extreme. This one has leather one side and satin on the other so you can start with the satin which is much softer in sensation and build up to the leather side which give a much stronger feeling:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15708

Also, rather than a whip - which is highly likely to leave marks that last for days - I would suggest a flogger. Floggers are great fun, can be sensuous & teasing, or give much firmer deeper sting. Because there are lots of stands the sensation is spread over a wider area than a whip. I would try this one (In black!) to get you started:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21800

If you gradually build up your strokes, you may get your OH into ‘Sub-Space’ – similar to having a couple of drinks. My wife describes this as a floating experience and mild euphoria. Its especially important to check on things regularly if your partner gets into subspace, as they may forget all about their safeword.

NOTE:- Strands from floggers can ‘wrap’ around arms, legs and waist. When they ‘wrap’ the power of the impact is magnified many times, and can cause serious welts or worse. So until you’ve really got the technique down, always aim for the ends of the strands to hit a large flatter part of the body.”

We do have a rather large collection of floggers/paddles including some ‘heavy duty’ ones but I really would agree with my Husband on starting out with these and building up slowly.

We really hope this helps

Thanks Scorpius, thats great advice, might enjoy hitting myself with it too much though! lol

LOL

Omg. Sub space. Makes so much sense! Never heard of that before. Good advice scorpius and hubby! Xx

MissChar wrote:

Omg. Sub space. Makes so much sense! Never heard of that before. Good advice scorpius and hubby! Xx

Thanks MissChar,

Love your picture you uploaded today - you look fantastic :)

Thank you. I love all your pics, absolutely stunning xxx

Thanks Hun xxx

Scorpius, your pics, WOW!!!

We started off with this paddle
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21800

We have progressed from this now but still use it every now & then.
The best one I have is a riding crop. The sound it makes when it's coming through the air and also when it connects with my rear is great.
I'd definitely say make sure you alternate where you slap. This helps to space out the pain, also heightens things as you never know where the next one is going to go.

Cheers M-J, like the look of that one!

Thanks Yes Man

What fantastic information scorpius and hubby! Thank you so much, flogger and paddle added to my wish list! X

Thanks Cornish89

I've bought one of each, the paddle makes that spanky noise, and is nice if you want the spanking feeling where the whip is a small sting of gentle pain.

Done know which I'd prefer, both are nice and variation is never bad!

Great advice Mr and Mrs Scorpius :)