Which water-based anal lube is best?

I have been using Maximus Lube and while I am quite happy with it, I wonder if there are better lubes out there. I want a lube which while being very slick will also last a long time before drying. I don't want to keep on reapplying every 6-7 minutes.

I am looking at Sliquid Sassy Glycerin-Free Anal Lubricant and Tracey Cox Supersex Anal Lubricant.

Since the Tracey Cox Supersex Anal Lubricant contains glycerin, I will buy it only if it is a lot better than the other 2 lubes. Any advice from those who have used at least 2 of these lubes?

I can't use Maximus (I'm one of the few who find it stings). Like you I found that re-applying lube was a real issue with anal sex using water-based lubes (Liquid Silk being about the best given my problem with Maximus). We have now found that a combination of 4 to 5ml of Liquid Silk and about 1ml of Pujr Original silicone inserted with a syringe before play commences works very well - the water-based Liquid Silk giving the very slick easy insertion while the silicone just goes on for ever so no need to re-lube however long we go for.

Since Liquid Silk (and I believe Maximus as well) have silicone in them we are effectively just increasing the silicone content of the Liquid Silk.

BTW we use this lube combo quite happily with our Fun Factory and Tantus silicone toys without any compatibility issues.

I have to say I do love Sliquid Sassy. Thick enough for anal, not sticky and generally a fab lube.

Thumbs up for Sliquid Sassy too - lasts for ages, isn't sticky, and it's organic. What's not to like?

My review here: Sliquid Sassy Glycerin-Free Anal Lubricant 255ml&reviewid=48055#customer_reviews

@Nymphet & 5mil: Have you both also used Maximus?

@Gyrator, I also tried the Pjur Back Door Relaxing Anal Glide Lubricant (I think its silicone based) but it did not feel smooth enough. I felt pain when my boyfriend penetrated me. So, I applied Maximus and everything went off smoothly. But it seems to dry after 8-10 mins and I have to keep on reapplying which is a bit annonying.

kello wrote:

I have a little bottle of Maximus to try but haven't had a chance yet. Texturally similar looking at the bottle contents, though.

@kello - Yes, the interesting thing is that the silicone on its own is not as slick as the water-based lubes (which are non-Newtonian fluids) though I think the thinner silicones like Pjur Original or Pjur Woman are better than the really thick ones they do for anal. Have you tried combining the Maximus with some silicone? I reckon it could do the trick.

@Gyrator53, Yes I did combine the Pjur Back Door Relaxing Anal Glide Lubricant with Maximus. I had applied the Pjur lube first and after I found it unsatisfactory, I applied some maximus lube on top of it. I had no problem except that I had to reapply every 8 mins or so. Thinking back about it, it was very slick and smooth. At that time, I thought that it was the maximus lube that was doing the job. Now that you mentioned it, it could very well be combination.

Btw, I have some Liquid Silk sachets whose best before date is 2005. Can I still use these? I think I should start a new thread on this topic.

@Gyrator, can the pjur silicone lube plus maximus combine be reactivated with just water or spit?

kello wrote:

No I haven't tried Maximus, and I'm not likely to as it contains parabens. Some research has apparently linked parabens with various cancers (particulary breast) and other health issues (Google it). Of course this research is still hotly debated and they may be perfectly safe to use; but I prefer to err on the side of caution and try to minimise my exposure to any potentially toxic chemicals, especially ones being used internally. I stopped using Liquid Silk for the same reason. I much prefer the Sliquid lubes because they use only natural ingredients.