Who's into piercings?

Ears, and belly button for me

Ears x 2
Tragus
Helix
Nose
And last week got my septum pierced.

Both nipples.

I absolutely love them! I have 26 in total though not all of them are in at the moment ❤️❤️

I used to have my tongue pierced but it just wouldn't heal properly and I kept getting scar tissue growth on the underside of my tongue. I removed the scar tissue twice before I removed the tongue stud. Can't say I miss it.

I would love for my partner to have her clit hood pierced but it will never happen lol.

RosyCheek wrote:

I have my ear lobes, tragus, a scaffold, a 6mm plug, and I have both helix done but they go angry and red with any jewellery in them. I've had them for 20 years but still haven't healed.

I have a monroe, my nose and my tongue too.

I also had both nipples, the top, bottom and one side of my belly button, a vertical hood piercing and 3 surface cleavage piercings. Unfortunately all of them grew out. My lovely piercer said I heal too quickly.

I don't know why, but I was quite surprised to see you have so many.

I have 10 altogether in my ears and did have my belly button done but it never healed so had to remove it. Put me off having any others.

Xxxx

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Hey Private_member

Healing time and piercing rejection are linked, but its not as simple as a quick-healing piercings being less likely to grow out, for example.

The quicker your piercing heals fully, the less likely you'll come across complications which could then contribute to your piercing growing out, but a piercing which is fully healed is not exempt from migrating through the skin.

This is particularly true when we look at surface piercings like eyebrows, bellybuttons, VCH piercings and the back of the neck. Eg: When you see someone with a scar through their eyebrow from a piercing, it's where they've refused to remove it before it migrated, leaving a scar. This usually happens over years.

Factors which contribute to a piercing growing out are:

-Position (on the body and of the jewellery)

-Depth of the piercing

-Jewellery type/material

-Technique used for piercing your skin

-Cleanliness of the procedure

-Aftercare

-Injury (getting it knocked, ripped or pulled)

-Infection

-Allergies

Did you say all of your piercings have now healed properly? Or are you still having trouble?

Because of their location I can feel one of them still if I slouch in my chair at work but not in a painful way, just a reminder. No build-up and they move freely (although I try to resist touching).

I think I'm meant to leave them alone for 6 months or so and then will consider whether to remove the two I'm not sure about.

Of course open to comments from people with experience ...

Private_member wrote:

Hey Private_member

Healing time and piercing rejection are linked, but its not as simple as a quick-healing piercings being less likely to grow out, for example.

The quicker your piercing heals fully, the less likely you'll come across complications which could then contribute to your piercing growing out, but a piercing which is fully healed is not exempt from migrating through the skin.

This is particularly true when we look at surface piercings like eyebrows, bellybuttons, VCH piercings and the back of the neck. Eg: When you see someone with a scar through their eyebrow from a piercing, it's where they've refused to remove it before it migrated, leaving a scar. This usually happens over years.

Factors which contribute to a piercing growing out are:

-Position (on the body and of the jewellery)

-Depth of the piercing

-Jewellery type/material

-Technique used for piercing your skin

-Cleanliness of the procedure

-Aftercare

-Injury (getting it knocked, ripped or pulled)

-Infection

-Allergies

Did you say all of your piercings have now healed properly? Or are you still having trouble?

Because of their location I can feel one of them still if I slouch in my chair at work but not in a painful way, just a reminder. No build-up and they move freely (although I try to resist touching).

I think I'm meant to leave them alone for 6 months or so and then will consider whether to remove the two I'm not sure about.

Of course open to comments from people with experience ...

Do you mind telling me where these piercings are? They sound like surface piercings to me in which case you're right not to touch them. 

You can definitely maintain a regular gentle cleansing routing to help them out.

Genital piercings usually heal well, but it is a warm, moist part of the body which is perfect for bacteria to thrive.

If you want to give them some extra help, mix up a saline soloution (1 pint of boiled water : a quarter or a teaspoon of salt) and gently cleanse the piercing twice a day. No more, no less.

Over cleaning / using saline with too much salt will undo your hard work. 

The ones you're not sure about: is it simply an aesthetics thing? Or are you worried about healing? 

Oh I do love piercings. I haven't had any in ages though.

Currently have lobes, rook, scaffold, tragus, tongue and navel twice (top and bottom). Used to have labret and neck pierced too but I used to catch my neck piercing on my hair brush all the time, kept getting infected. It only lasted a year :( Weirdly enough I got my second holes pierced in my lobe and my body rejected them.

Now debating in my head about getting my nose pierced.

Gonna have to say go for it and get your nose done!

Love them I gave a PA. Would love my OH to get more, nipples especially!

Neither of us are 'into' piercings but my boyfriend, who is usually quite reserved, saw the Prince Albert piercing last year and decided he really wanted one. Not anything I thought he would think about. I didn't even think he would dare walk in the place to get it done, but he did earlier this year. He loves it, I think it looks good now and it is quite cool and a turn on knowing he has it.

My other half has a PA. I absolutely love it!

Do you mind telling me where these piercings are? They sound like surface piercings to me in which case you're right not to touch them.

You can definitely maintain a regular gentle cleansing routing to help them out.

Genital piercings usually heal well, but it is a warm, moist part of the body which is perfect for bacteria to thrive.

If you want to give them some extra help, mix up a saline soloution (1 pint of boiled water : a quarter or a teaspoon of salt) and gently cleanse the piercing twice a day. No more, no less.

Over cleaning / using saline with too much salt will undo your hard work.

The ones you're not sure about: is it simply an aesthetics thing? Or are you worried about healing?

Yes, they are all through the skin on the sac.

I haven't had any issues with them healing (I used an antiseptic wash more than saline purely because it was easier), the two I'm thinking about taking out in 6 months or so are purely because I'm not sure I like them.

I'm such a sissy pants all i have is a bar on my right eyebrow and a helix i think (unless it has to be a ring) in my late teenage years i so wanted a tongue one as a few friends got one but was really scared just to think about it and to my relief i couldn't get my tongue pierced as been told that lingual frenulum was sticking out too much. I really don't fancy nipples or genitals ones as the thought of pain inflicted is way too high for me, yep definitely sissy pants here 😜😜😜

i'd love a monroe though ❤️ Can anyone tells me if it's painful? (Like honestly)ive done my eyebrow because i knew it won't be painful

Many thanks lovehoney Jessie wilde for pic&explanations and thx randA for asking

My wife has her nipples done plus a Vch and her inner labia, I've only got a pa ring but it's huge and weighs 3oZ I love using the rings to open her pussy up.

I've got 11 in my ears, tongue and yesterday I got both nipples done 🙈

I know I have issues with healing so I'll be looking after them v carefully. Anyone got any good tips? X

Gigglesandjiggles wrote:

I've got 11 in my ears, tongue and yesterday I got both nipples done 🙈

I know I have issues with healing so I'll be looking after them v carefully. Anyone got any good tips? X

Saline wash, keep the area dry as possible ,titanium jewellery .

Forgot to add they can take a long time to fully heal one of my wife's had "crustys " for almost a year until she switched from bio plastic to titanium.

Only have one piercing and that's my nipple, with small boobs it helps my partner locate them better lol 😂