why some women love giving oral sex but not keen for it to be done to them

Can anyone tell why !!!! I think I am fairly good at it but my OH is not so keen in when I I want to do it to her!!

It is the opposite in my case , She likes it done to her but not keen to do it to me

I think you've got an unusual one there, Red!

I've found it's normally the other way. C'est la vie.

It lets me think too much! I'm a notorious over-thinker, I get upset about things that haven't even happened just because I'm busy playing out scenarios where they might. Part of my enjoyment of sex comes from being able to distract my brain from all that extra thinking and plug it into the moment. If I'm giving oral, I'm fully focused on that; if I'm having sex, I'm mostly focused on that with a bit of 'leakage' thoughts (but not enough to distract me); if I'm receiving oral, I'm not active enough to stop my thoughts from drifting. Sometimes it's ok, usually if we've already been playing a bit so my brain's already flipped the logic-switch off. But mostly it's a struggle to not concentrate on silly things and actually enjoy it.

I don't hate it, although that has a lot to do with my OH who is a lot better at it - and has less of an "I'm only doing this because I feel I should" air about him - than previous guys who've tried. But I do feel very self-conscious, and will only actually get anything out of it at very specific times, so if it's not one of those times, I'd prefer to do something else.

When I recieve oral, my body starts to go numb and tingle, like I am paralysed. I don't like that feeling at all. Also I have never found anyone with the right technique. I think I just prefer rougher handling :) but love giving my boyfriend head, I love the reaction I get from him it really turns me on >:)

Mrs G wasnt keen on giving at first or so she said but when she did it made her incredibly wet, body and mind saying different things.

I love giving and receiving oral, cannot imagine why any woman wouldnt want it, unless like LG says, it gives a paralysed feeling.

It can sometimes be a bit too much, too sensitive but my husband knows exactly how to get it right!!

I guess some women have hangs ups about oral, maybe from an earlier experience.

I'm like BashfulBabe, I think too much. I've got to be really turned on. I have a friend with benefits who is very good at it (and enjoys doing it) but tends to either start with it or does it straight after I've given him oral and my brain just isn't in the right place

I started a similar thread to this because I love oral sex and couldn't understand why my friends didn't. I was really surprised how many women don't enjoy it because the clitoris is to sensitive and also because one technique is not good for all women. I really think it's about commumication, my partner was licking far to quickly so I showed him on the back of his hand exactly what feels good for me. I'm now at 42 having the best orgasms of my life. Don't get too hung up on what your not doing and just enjoy what you are.

xx

Another vote for BB's post. I just can't switch off, I need a distraction.

Not to mention my nerves are fucked so I'm wayy too sensitive - catch my clit in a particular way and it's not just uncomfortable it's *painful* which means I'm constantly tensing up in preparation for that...not conducive to relaxation.

But I adore sucking cock, I love to explore his cock, experiment with different techniques and sensations and see what works for him. And I constantly ask him what he enjoys....just last night I tried something new, so I asked if he enjoyed it and he explained clearly how he felt, communication is key and talking *during* sex is important too because it's then when you know exactly what is good and what you enjoy. I ask questions a lot during a relaxed session and it really helps. It means my technique is perfectly in tune with my partner. I also listen very carefully to his breathing - very useful indicator!

Adx

Mrs g never tells me what she does and since i cant see its her secret, feels damned good though

gunther wrote:

Mrs g never tells me what she does and since i cant see its her secret, feels damned good though

I don't tell him what I do - it's hard to put into words....I just try something new and ask how it feels though often it doesn't need asking since the response is pretty clear!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

gunther wrote:

I don't tell him what I do - it's hard to put into words....I just try something new and ask how it feels though often it doesn't need asking since the response is pretty clear!

Adx

that is about it alicia..so long as she knows, actually she likes having the secret something that drives me wild and i have no idea what she is doing.

Dee_licious333 wrote:

I love giving and receiving oral, cannot imagine why any woman wouldnt want it, unless like LG says, it gives a paralysed feeling.

It can sometimes be a bit too much, too sensitive but my husband knows exactly how to get it right!!

I guess some women have hangs ups about oral, maybe from an earlier experience.

same as how i feel, think i would go mad if i didnt receive oral

To be fair, I'm not all that keen on receiving oral but love giving it. It feels a bit too sensitive for me. I have only cum once or twice by oral :s

l ove it both ways analings too awesome yummy

I used to not be keen on recieving at all... Thankfully, my partner atm is very good at it, which makes it much more enjoyable! Having someone that knows what they're doing and can hit the right spots is really important for me.

Much like the other responses, it's also hard for me to completely lose myself in the moment (which I think is a very womanly thing in general!!!) and ending up thinking about something else is annoying when you're trying to enjoy the moment.

The other reason I can think for not especially enjoying it is that I'm actually a really giving person when it comes to sex. I get a BIG thrill out of making somebody else cum, and if I have a goal like that, I really put effort into it, and I enjoy the 'success' or whatever, of making someone else happy! :D

My partner loves receiving oral & enjoy's giving it too, I have to say though, I sometimes feel I enjoy giving it more than receiving, I probably feel this way due to the fact that I enjoy seeing how much pleasure she is getting from it,.

(This may sound a bit cruel, although it is not intended to be, but I do like knowing after a good time she cannot stand up properly due to the amount of 'O's as she puts it, also please don't think I'm bragging, it's only because of her I'm good enough by that I mean being in a loving caring relationship)

glad other people having this trouble.

My OH loves giving, and I LOVE giving but she is not keen to recieve. Used to enjoy it, but now says its too sensitive and hates the wet/exposed feeling she gets....

i don't like oral because im too sensitive. it's painful to have my clit touched directly with anything.

and let's remember not to say people are weird because they don't like what you do people! also sweeping statments don't really help anyone, everyone is different