Why would you recommend Lovehoney?

Hi everyone - I'm writing about why Lovehoney is a brilliant place to buy sex toys and realised that it's always better coming from real customers (even though I'm a long-standing customer myself, placed my first order in April 2005!)

So if you don't mind me picking your brains...

In your opinion, what is it that stands out about Lovehoney's service?

What would you say to reassure someone who's never bought from Lovehoney before?

Hi Alice,

We shop at Lovehoney for all sorts of good reasons, in no particular order.

1. LH's vast knowledge of the products that they stock.

2. The overall quality of products.

3. The great customer community.

4. The fast and reliable delivery.

5. The opportunity to test products.

6. Real product reviews by "real" people.

7. Great, no quibble, returns policy.

and it is simply "fun" shopping at LH, you get to know a bit about the staff and it is not a sterile impersonal shopping experience like other sites/companies. I'd recommend LH to any of my friend for all of the above reasons. I'd say that there's nothing sleezy or dirty about shopping at LH, it is fun and it has improved our love life immensely.

Kind regards

M4S

No questions asked approach makes a difference these days as most retailers try to make you jump through hoops to get any form of refund! The fact that you guys are involved in the forums and want to know our opinion on changes/products.

I would/have on forums where people dont know me but unsure about RL friends as the subject has never arose.

What would you say to reassure someone who's never bought from Lovehoney before?

With the returns policy as it stands how can anyone lose? Most companies dont want to know you after buying something unless it is faulty but with Lovehoney if you dont get on with it then it will be refunded or exchanged with minimal fuss, plus its free delivery and returns.

Communication, near-instant responses to questions, earnest attempts to make sure every customer is satisfied.

Wonderful selection of products, excellent product information in the form of text info, video demonstrations, and well written customer reviews, free postage, and the return policy.

If they're a toy virgin: Try it. You won't believe how much it will enrich your life to take control of your sexual pleasure.

To anyone new to LH: I do 90% of my shopping online, and Lovehoney is the best retailer I've ever found for customer service. Not just the best adult retailer, but the overall best, full stop.

To me, what stands out is that LoveHoney so obviously CARE about their customer base, to the point where you feel like the shopping experience is designed to fit your needs as a customer. The staff are so accessible (a rarity for online retailers) that you're never left wondering about a product, or worried about returning it. In an industry where there might be more than usual anxiety about purchasing online, LoveHoney gives you total peace of mind -- and that goes for every single customer, not just us forumites!

I'd recommend LoveHoney not just because they're good at what they do, but because there's simply no comparison when it comes to other sex toy shops. The range is the biggest, the information available is *truly* comprehensive, the staff are the best I've dealt with anywhere, online or off -- and all that inspires great loyalty. As I'm not from the UK, I get a lot of people asking me why I don't "buy Irish" and use an Irish site... there aren't any that could tempt me away! And when I do peek at other sites, I always end up coming back to LoveHoney to find out information about that toy that's missing... and finding LoveHoney have it at a better price usually!

The main concern for a first-time sex toy purchaser is proably discretion, and LH are so good at that, we never even need to discuss it here on the forums. It's just a given. There's no way anyone would know what's in those plain brown packages, and I love the way LH errs on the side of caution and takes things like envelopes ripping into consideration, too.

I, like a lot of people, were drawn to the site through hearing about getting toys to test -- but that's really only the cherry on top of a very well-made and delicious cake!

The best things are the reviews and the prompt service. The range of products is a bit middle of the road for my needs and I think that toys containing phthalates should come with a health warning.

Customer service - you all go over and above to make sure the customer is happy, something not many sites, especially not adult sites do. You make sure the customer is happy every step of the way from a easy laid out site, easy contact and great offers. You also make sure the customer is happy after the purchase, your return policy is brilliant

atlanta wrote:

The best things are the reviews and the prompt service. The range of products is a bit middle of the road for my needs and I think that toys containing phthalates should come with a health warning.

They do on the site.

Besides all of the things already mentioned, LH's page layout is the best I've seen. I have intermittent cognitive problems (anything with words is a struggle right now), so being able to get the basic facts in a clear format helps. Things like circumference, number of speeds, battery requirements. Some sites don't even bother to provide that, or hide what they do give in a jumble of marketing jargon.

The fact that Lovehoney wishes to provide the best possible experience for the individual. From the moment they browse and purchase, looking at reviews, ratings, user recommendations but also after with their amazing free deliveries and returns policy for a very generous 1 year period. The Oh! Points scheme is a fantastic little extra incentive as well.

Despite this being a sex toy site I have never felt so comfortable purchasing items online as I do on Lovehoney. They really do care about making the customer happy. The tag "Sexual Happiness People" works very well as they work closely with the customers and somewhat gives the whole company a friendly "vibe". It's like going round to your local for some regular helpings of sexual satisfaction. =]

From the moment I bought my first sex toy from Lovehoney it has opened a whole new world for me, sexually. Lovehoney delivers in quality, customer service and everything else, really. Just look at the forums to see how many of Lovehoney devotees can't stand leaving this amazing site and service.

The major selling point (as we always bang on about) is the customer services which really is second to none especially the returns policy which really suits the "genre" allowing people to get a feel for what they like/want/need.

The other (probably equally) major selling point is the simply outstanding postage - the fact that it's completely reliable, very quick and free is a real bonus. In fact I find myself wishing I could buy *all* my presents for friends and family from Lh because I can buy at the last minute and know almost exactly when it will arrive!

I also absolutely love the reviews - so many products are reviewed, often with two or more really informative reviews making buying really easy especially if you're parting with a lot of money!

Overall Lovehoney really looks after its customers by making buying, returning and getting advice really easy and the staff will always go above and beyond to find answers to questions for customers (including riffling through the warehouse to measure up lingerie if people have certain requirements!).

In the recent past I'd have said the forums and I still love the forums, but right now, I'm taking a little break from the place and cutting back a lot on posting because I'm finding I have to sift through so much. I don't think the rules are followed by a minority of people and it spoils it for the majority a little. It's a shame because the vast majority of members are simply wonderful and the place has always been so friendly. But that's a minor niggle that hopefully will solve itself at some point.

Adxx

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

The thing that stands out with LH is that you listen to your customers. From the "Pander to me" thread on the forum to questions or suggestions launched from the toy section of the site.

I like the fact that you guys respond really quickly to questions about products before & after sale. Lovely, knowledgeable staff who enjoy & care about what they do (or do a very good impression of it )

I'd recommend Lovehoney because I know the reviews are honest - bad reviews are posted as quickly as godd reviews (other sites are not so honest). On the very rare occasion that something isn't right (it's only happened once to me & hubby in 3 years) you put it right immensely quickly without quibbling.

You have treats to suit all budgets & all tastes. You never knowingly mislead us - I've been on other sites where the picture is of a 50m reel of shibari rope & they're selling only 3m lengths - if anyone points out anything wrong with the picture or description you put it right very quickly.

You explain all the technical aspects of toys and offer advice to people new to toys (we were all new once).

If someone was unsure about buying from Lovehoney I'd tell them there's nothing to lose. The postage is free, the returns are free, you can return anything for any reason up to a year later. There's a reason hubby & I have bought from here over & over; the toys are decent quality, well priced and the customer service is genuinely brilliant. Toys bring a whole new dimension to bedroom fun & can introduce sensations you previously only dreamed about.

Many thanks for all the fun you've bought us!

CCW x

I would recommend it for the great options here from budget to luxury toys and the huge choices in each category. Also the description of the products are great as well as the videos (wish they would be working, 75% of them are currently not for me). The customer service is great and you can return anything you dont like for up to a year.

I cannot say free postage or returns anymore as I am in country where there are delivery charges so I will now buy I guess rarely and try to put it in a larger package when and if I have the money. Still if you do that it may be worth it. I check CZ sex shops and eg finding glycerine/paraben free lubes is bit of nightmare and they often dont bother with putting the list on so who knows whats in them, so well done LH!

Personal & approachable staff. Silly things like having everyone you speak to give a name without being asked, to having a visible presence on the blog/forum, and even being accessible outside LH: I follow yourself, Hella, and Numbers on Twitter, as well as LH, partially because of LH-related tweet, and partially because your 'other' stuff is interesting, but making yourself clearly real as opposed to just an empty voice on the end of a phone line or a bot behind a keyboard makes a massive difference.

Basically, it feels friendly. Obviously it's a job, and it's your job to be nice to customers and make them feel at ease, but seeing ye as people 'out in the wild' so to speak goes a long way to making ye seem trustworthy. Plus, knowing yer tastes to an extent through all that sharing means that it's easier to put faith in a recommendation, because "she's just like me!".

Really it's all about the people. And that's what I'd say to someone who was wary: you can trust them because they're real people who genuinely care. It's the difference between people selling stuff becuase they want commission, and people selling stuff because they're customers - or at least can empathise with the sort who are customers - and know what concerns and issues you can have, as well as having stock that's worthy rather than just whatever's cheap. Ye have the standards of a customer, with the knowledge of a retailer, which is a thousand times better than any bog-standard salesperson.

Excellent prices

Swift discreet delivery

Friendly community

real reviews by real people

user friendly website for IT blondes!

Safe website

Wow so many things to say ; but i wont do my usual A4 page..unless you want me to lol!

Fantastic range of products for beginners to advanced; something for everyone any shape or size.

Great forum to ask anything at all; an incredible Orgasm army family.

Great prices and amazing special offers.

Amazing customer services.

We can talk to you in the forum like normal human beings, not just an unanswered email; thats so special thank you Alice, Bonny, Hella and the others.

If you see something you like we can ask questions and you answer so promtly.

Real reviews written by real, brilliant reviewers (had to get that in ).

Great competitions.

But the main thing for me, above the great prices; is that you are all so interactive with us and You all understand us.......!!!!

There are no hidden costs. The customer service is outstanding and you work so closely with customers. Delivery is fast, fair and privately packaged. There is a wide selection at varying and reasonable prices. An army of faithful and fulfilled followers can't be wrong!

fast fast delivery, good pricing, excelling reviews, good returns policy and friend customer service staff, loyalty points to save up and reward yourself with a little gift

all of the above

it is a safe, secure and discrete site, with the option of returning anything should it not be right for you, so loss shopping really.

Really good qaulity products from what I have ordered so far, really nice and easy laid out website, not difficult to get around like some others! Prices are perfect, not expensive and over priced at all! I would recommend it for all the reasons above and if I had to reassure someone I would tell them its quick and no fuss, and it has discreet packaging!

I would for the best customer service ever! they made me smile twice today! And sorted both my problems so fast, thank you!