wig help

i'm just wanting some advice/help im thinking if getting a wig maybe blonde, me and my husband are going for a weekend away soon and i just want to do something different but needing a realistic one (not to expensive thou as i have young kids to keep) coz we are going to a concert and how do i go about the whole thing any help is much apprecited x

Look for cosplay wigs, the styles may need to be brushed out or the bangs trimmed but they are made from realistic looking (and often heat resistant) fibre so would look more convincing than one from a fancy dress shop. Google can tell you some UK brands as I don't want to mention them here since Lovehoney do sell a few wigs. Unfortunately blonde wigs don't tend to look terribly realistic unless you pay big bucks :/

One with strands of different coloured hair will look a bit better than a flat coloured one, but again you usually only find this on the real human hair ones.

If you could get away with wearing a hat that covers the scalp the actual lengths of the wig will look more realistic, it's usually the cap that gives it away. The ones on here would look good with a hat, but to me dont look that realistic without. It would look like you had a box dye job but would look like hair, not a wig!

You can get some reasonably priced ones on auction websites, but I'd second what Lovebirds_x said about blonde ones not looking particularly realistic a lot of the time. I certainly found that when I tried out a blonde wig :) One tip I'd say is that you can make wigs look more realistic even if you've gone for quite an inexpensive one if you wear something to cover the parting, like a headband or little fabric scarf or such like, or even just wearing hair clips just makes it look a little bit more natural.

Good luck in finding what you're looking for and I hope you have a nice time at the concert.

thank you for your advice i just didnt even no where to start xx

I've got a few wigs, there's a company based in Sussex beg with a name beginning with A which is also a girls name (I'm not sure if I can give their name as LH do sell some wigs) but I've bought a few wigs from said company. One of which is a blonde wig and it looks fab and not fake. It has soft waves in it which look really pretty.

Oi would thoroughly recommend their wigs and have even washed mine and the waves (or flicks in my red one) have stayed in.

theyre very cheap compared to shops etc and of a really nice quality.

I wouldn't personally buy the cheap ones from china etc on eBay, or go buying from fancy dress shops if you want something 'real looking' .

I think I paid about £25 or £26 for my extra long blonde wig. It is a natural blonde with slightly different shades between the strands to make it more realistic.