Womanizer - am I doing it wrong?!

Just got one after lusting after one for ages and I just cannot enjoy it, I’m so disappointed! Don’t get me wrong - I got it in place, it felt awesome for about three seconds, then insanely intense for about five seconds and then I immediately came but it was all a bit meh. I know some women love finishing quickly as it’s so unusual but it just wasn’t satisfying at all. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If I stick with it, will it Improve? Any tips?

Which one did you go for? I must admit they take a bit of getting used to. We tried the Lelo sona first and it took a good 5 attempts before my wife worked out where it felt and to get used to the intensity. We have the starlet too, but at this point she was used to the intensity of suction toys so it worked out ok. The problem with the starlet though is that it doesn't have patterns which can slow down the quick orgasms. If you have gone for a premium then try starting off on a pattern.

The Classic and Premium models come with a second head that's a bit larger so it doesn't feel as concentrated and intense, so that might be worth a try? I believe they also fit the Starlet and can be bought separately, but I'd check with customer care first just to make sure they fit.

All of them can feel deceptively gentle so if you felt like you couldn't really feel anything and cranked it up you may have gone too high too fast. Like K&c30's said, if you have the Premium it has the Autopilot function that moves up and down the intensities so you get a nice mix of low, medium and high which Mrs Chimp finds useful for a more leisurely play.

Unfortunately it could be that this style of toy is not the one for you, but Lovehoney have the Happiness Promise so you could swop it out for a different toy if it really isn't for you. Here's the link if you want to know more. 🙂

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/returns-policy/

Hope this helps 🙂👍

Thank you - this was on the lowest setting! I went for the starlet to try it out, couldn’t really justify the more expensive models without knowing if I’d like it! I guess maybe it’s just not going to work for me - as I’ve got older I’m increasingly an edger. I can definitely see that patterns may be more useful - it’s not something I ever liked with other toys, but with other toys you can take it away a bit and vary the pressure etc yourself so less necessary. Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with an orgasm, but it was a very superficial one (all mouth no trousers I guess 😂) In the interests of science I will of course keep trying ;)

I've just had a quick look at the spare heads and there's actually a medium-sized one that fits the Starlet specifically (it says it comes with the small head).

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=40328

When we've swopped between the two heads on our models Mrs Chimp thought the larger head wasn't as intense, but everybody is so different I don't know if that would be enough for you?

We also like to use ours after warming up with other toys if we're looking for a longer play time. This may provide the build up that you're missing?

I know what you mean, I found the same when I first got mine. I found that using it hands free really helped, once it's in place, take your hands away and use your thighs/hips to move it, for me the movement is more subtle than with hands and just takes the intensity away a little, letting me build up to orgasm rather than rush it.

Thanks so much everyone. I will certainly try these things and see how it goes!

Oh my god. Ignore me. I was completely wrong. Don’t let my impatience put you off buying! I decided to try it again tonight as husband is busy. Had another meh orgasm very quickly (less than 30 seconds). Let it pass until I wasn’t too sensitive to tolerate it (maybe two minutes) and then repeated it.- immediately it felt different and in less than a minute squirting happened. I hadn’t even taken off my pyjamas, wasn’t expecting much - at least they’re easier to change than the sheets! I was wrong, everyone else was right. As you were!

Oh my goodness! We were about to comment that we’d had a similar experience to you (tried it a few times and each time I orgasm in fifteen to twenty seconds, not earth shattering orgasms either) and we figured ‘okay, well that was a bit fast!’ Maybe we’ll try the advice here!

You are not alone - and to think I nearly sent this back. Went back to it again just now - exactly the same, first orgasm was blah, then a massively intense gushing second one (although we were having sex during it this time) I’d definitely recommend letting the first orgasm subside until your clit is no longer sensitive and then going bac fit a second. I’ve found that after the recovery period from the first orgasm I’m not as sensitive as I was before the first, so I can get it in place and crank up the intensity and that does the trick :)

This message seems to be true for most things in life (except ex-husbands!).

If at first it doesn't work/look good, give it a few days/another go and sometimes it just clicks.