Women getting wet before sex

Fluffbags wrote:

I believe it can also vary for women depending on where they are in their monthly cycle. You never hear about that in erotica:

"Clearly she was due to start menstruating, because her panties were drenched" :D

:-)

Before I lost my ovaries it had more to do with ovulation than arousal for me. The days just before ovulation (not menstruation, interesting that Fluff's example is opposite to mine) were the best for it., the last week before menstruation the worst. "Natural family planning" methods (timing sex to decrease or increase the chance of getting pregnant) use mucus levels as one of the body's signs of when a woman is at her most fertile.

rose hip wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

I believe it can also vary for women depending on where they are in their monthly cycle. You never hear about that in erotica:

"Clearly she was due to start menstruating, because her panties were drenched" :D

:-)

Before I lost my ovaries it had more to do with ovulation than arousal for me. The days just before ovulation (not menstruation, interesting that Fluff's example is opposite to mine) were the best for it., the last week before menstruation the worst. "Natural family planning" methods (timing sex to decrease or increase the chance of getting pregnant) use mucus levels as one of the body's signs of when a woman is at her most fertile.

That is interesting and highlights how different we are. For me, the few days leading up to my period are when I am most aroused, sensitive and get wetter. Clearly my body doesn't quite understand that I am most fertile a week or so before.

My cycle has never effected it, even having the implant hasn't effected it

Fluffs is hit the nail on the head! The first week after, and the first week before a period I'm quite dry. A lot of women actually track their menstrul cycle for planning a pregnancy by their vaginal discharge.

It will start off as milky white discharge, but as soon as a woman goes into ovulation and the hormones in her body take a spike, this changes to a clear thick discharge, similar to raw egg whites. This helps the vagina get into the perfect acidity levels for making a baby.

It's actually one of the most acurate ways to plan baby making by monitoring your vaginal discharge, so this does play a huge part in how 'wet' someone is during sex.

I've actually read somewhere that 90% of women who fall pregnant while on their period have girls!

"Male sperm" last 72 hours and swim really fast, "girl sperm" lasts up to a week but they're very slow swimmers. People trying to get pregnant with a girl generally don't have sex when they're ovulating and have sex before ovulation. And women trying to have a boy have sex on their ovulation dates.

Can't say I've ever experienced 'drenched knickers' but some might. I get quite wet when I'm turned on. Every woman will be different and as some have pointed out, monthly cycle can also have an effect.

I'm a bit of stickler for hygiene :o
So my OH knows to shower if she wants some action. She's usually dried off by the time it comes to getting jiggy though

I very rarely get to keep my underwear on long enough to find out how wet they would get! Lol however can't say I've ever had it dripping down my leg

Thanks for all the interestiing replies - much as I suspected it is very rare for a woman to actually soak her knickers in anticipation.

Having siad that I do recall one occassion when my OH said that she had to change hers as they were soaked, but not so it ran down her legs or anything.

She can get very wet during foreplay and like others here it's more so in the weeks running up to and after her period.

However there's been many an occassion when I've found her knickers soaked after a night out, but then that's not been all her own doing ;)

I seem to be permanently wet down there, I'm just horny all the time

That said I have never had anything running down my legs even with crutchless pants

I can be a bit hit and miss with this, sometimes i can be completely soaking just before sex but its always unexpected but obviously a nice suprise at the same time, then other times im not really that wet. I think for me its down to how well someone has got my mind stimulated before sex and how much that person excites me!

Agreed. It so has to do with how mentally stimulated you are.

Hornyhistorian wrote:

Agreed. It so has to do with how mentally stimulated you are.

Yes I've been amazed how wet I can get after fantasies or reading my stories.

Cheap&Easy wrote:

I love the word moist. It's gross. :P

It is a really gross word! But I love saying it anyway. There are worse words such as sopping.

I personally do get really wet in certain situations. I think it all depends on the person and how much I know im going to enjoy whatever will happen later or if I have ready/watched something it can get me dripping but then I do have a very high drive so I dont know if that has anything to do with it

Bizarrely having statrted this thread in a slightly scoffing and non believing tone I discovered last night whilst talking to my OH that she has on a couple of occasions been so wet that it trickled a little down her thigh.

Why didn't I know this before? Well apparently I wasn't present when it happened.

I think there's something about 'be careful what you wish for'!

I think that the point a lot of people have been missing is time - if a woman is turned on for a long time without being in a position to do anything then she's going to end up very wet.

I've certainly caused my OH to have to change her pants through sexting ;)

I think my level of wetness does vary with my cycle but I am generally quite wet anyway and always have been.

I have soaked my knickers more than a few times but never running down my legs unless I wasn't wearing knickers.

I am wet enough generally that I wouldn't dream of going out with no knickers or crotchless ones on for fear of getting a damp patch on my clothes.

HOWEVER, one thing I frequently have to explain to my partners is that my being 'really wet' does not mean that I am turned on or opened up enough to have penetrative sex. Opening up for me takes a lot longer than becoming wet.

Also, possibly because I become wet so early on I always use lube with condoms to make them more comfortable but don't need to use lube for unprotected sex.

I think it is possible sometimes as has happened to me before but as Rose Hip said I think the amount of cum produced probably depends on the menstrual cycle :)